Finishing September Hawaii (5-0)

It's really looking like we go 11-1 losing to Mizzou. Very likely right now. Tennessee is too good of a program to lose to bama again and with the way the series has gone through time, I'll say this year will be the start of 5 straight over the tide.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhAHAHAHA

I've got a feeling and I'm usually pretty spot on.

Here is what I like about Nationdom, he says what he thinks and could give 2 craps if anyone agree with him, right or wrong.

D4H on the other hand will do the same thing, but then write 87 posts telling you why you're wrong and he is right if you don't agree with him.

Reactions: 2 people
Mizzou does look like a trap game. Even if they lose to Bama close. Mizzou could sneak up. I know that I'm not exactly pointing Mizzou out on the schedule. I'm more worried about South Carolina with Jake Bentley who looks like Connar Shaw 2.0 in the making. But Mizzou? That ole dumpster fire? No way....I mean right? They are supposed to suck....right? Because I'm sure in August of 2016 a lot of people on here would have laughed at someone who said we would score 30 something un-answered points against Florida and stomp them....but then get our asses kicked by Vandy....

Nick Saban has a pretty good opinion on overlooking "cupcakes" on your schedule. Enjoy.

“He’s a really good player, and he does a really good job with his offense,” Saban said. “These teams that are typically the best in their division are really good teams. You all maybe take the week off this week, but I’m not. A lot of people take a lot of things granted, and I get asked questions like, ‘How important is it for the young guys to play this week?’ How the hell do you know they’re going to play? Do you think you can assume they’re going to get to play? Because you’re assuming the other team is not very good? They do have a Division I quarterback, he plays like a Division I quarterback, and they’re very productive on offense, and they do a great job of executing what they do, and if we don’t do a good job executing against them. You all don’t remember the Georgia Southern game, do you? I don’t think we’ve had a guy on that field that didn’t play in the NFL, and about four or five of them were first-round draft picks, and I think that team won a national championship, but I’m not sure, and they ran through our ass like **** through a tin horn, man, and we could not stop them. Could not stop them. Could not stop them, because we couldn’t get a look in practice, we didn’t practice it right, and everybody said the same thing in that game."

It's really looking like we go 11-1 losing to Mizzou. Very likely right now. Tennessee is too good of a program to lose to bama again and with the way the series has gone through time, I'll say this year will be the start of 5 straight over the tide.

I'll take that any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Reactions: 1 person
Here is what I like about Nationdom, he says what he thinks and could give 2 craps if anyone agree with him, right or wrong.

D4H on the other hand will do the same thing, but then write 87 posts telling you why you're wrong and he is right if you don't agree with him.

He's also known for the 3 star millionaire thread.

cool insight 82...at this point, hard to argue with post...also, to me, Big 10 is full of cupcakes...most in the land...:)

PS. we'll see...:salute:

GO VOLS!

Many college teams will get five games in by the time midnight strikes the evening of Sep 30th.

What SEC teams will go undefeated through the month? What Power 5 teams from other conferences? Who ends up 5-0 (we'll call it Hawaii, at a wink to the TV show)?

• I think Tennessee could. If we don't, Georgia probably will.
  • LSU will.
  • Bama will, if they get by FSU.
  • Either A&M or Arky will; whoever wins their Sep 23 game.
  • That's it from the SEC. 4, max.

• Either Miami or Va Tech will from the ACC.
  • No one else. That's right, not Clemson or FSU or Louisville or UNC. You heard it here first. ;)

• Penn State will.
  • Wisconsin kinda will. They'll go 4-0, but they're one of the few teams who don't have 5 games before Oct 1st.
  • Ohio State probably will, if they survive Oklahoma's visit.
  • Michigan might, if they squeak past Florida.
  • Nebraska might. Depends on the Oregon game.
  • Minnesota could. Not because they're good (they do have a hot new coach), but because the Gopher's early schedule is a cupcake fest. MTSU is arguably their toughest September game (!!).
  • Yep, as many as 6 B10 teams could have perfect runs through September. That's how weak the lower half of that conference is, and how back-loaded their schedules tend to be (OSU, Mich, PSU, Wisc all tend to play each other later in the year, most years).

• Oklahoma can't get to 5-0 (only 4 games), but could get to 4-0 if they can sneak past Ohio State on Sep 9th.
  • Kansas State could get to 4-0 as well, but have to find a way past mighty Vandy (haha) and a messed-up Baylor program.
  • That's realistically it for the B12, but someone will surprise the world and sweep the month.

• Washington will.
  • Utah might. Have to win the Holy War against BYU, Sep 9th.
  • Either USC or Stanford could. Give the winner of their early Sep game a 50/50 chance.
  • That's about it for the PAC. Say 2.5.
So, all totalled, 15 or 16 teams will still be undefeated when October arrives.

You may have noticed, this isn't simply a list of the top teams, AP rank #1 through #15 or something. Schedules and timing matter, so programs like Kansas State sneak in while clearly better teams like Clemson are left out. It's all about who you play when.

What do you think? See any teams with a strong shot that I missed? Disagree with me anywhere?

I stopped reading when you said UGA would possibly be 5-0.....calling BULLSHEET. It's very likely (IMO) that they start the season 0-2 with losses to App State and the Irish...I live in Atlanta and would LOVE to see the Pups lose both those games to start the season! GBO!

I stopped reading when you said UGA would possibly be 5-0.....calling BULLSHEET. It's very likely (IMO) that they start the season 0-2 with losses to App State and the Irish...I live in Atlanta and would LOVE to see the Pups lose both those games to start the season! GBO!

We'll know either way in 23 days. :)

636057977072737519-1571501274_tumblr_n0pktyXWKo1safk9mo2_r1_250.gif

I'd be happy for MTSU if they did. Beating a P5 team, even a mediocre one, would be a feather in their G5 cap.

They have beaten Vandy twice and UVA. Maybe others. This year's team will be very good with a talented, veteran QB.

VN Store

Back