"Fix the mistakes"

Don't you have your own catastrophe to contend with in Gainesville? Your tallest midget, shark-humping, dental disaster is not much better than Butch.
But, you are saying he is better.
That midget won the SEC east the last 2 years and probably will this year also.:hi:
Yep, likely a better chance than we have, which just frosts my Ba!!$.:jpshakehead:

Or maybe you're just a tad sensitive. You certainly seem to be triggered by him.

Sensitive to condescending attitudes? Guilty as charged. If you are happy being patted on the head by UF fans... then that's on you. I've known the guy for more than 5 years here and on the old KNS comment board. It is always the same. UF has a RIGHT to expect greatness... UT needs to understand its place. I don't necessarily think he does it intentionally... it is just his attitude about the two programs. He's been poor mouthing for weeks now about a coach who has won the East 2 out of 2 years... but UT fans are basically getting what they should expect because UT simply isn't as good as UF.

I have seen a familiar theme from some people. “This is a good team. We’ve just got to clean up some of these mistakes”

This is off the top of my head. Keep in mind, I’m not a Vols fan here so I am sure many of you will be able to add to this.

Georgia 2015. Fumble on the 1 yard line, Georgia returns it 100 yards for a TD. That's a 14 point swing.

Florida 2016. 1st and goal from the 1 after a fumbled punt (because Florida suffers from the same kind of stupid). No points. Later with a 1st and goal from the Florida 3, Dobbs threw an interception in the endzone. And there were a slew of dropped passes in that 1st half. That’s 14 points.

Georgia 2016. Jalen Hurd fumbles on the 1 yard line (celebrating before he scored if I recall). Give up a 50 yard TD pass with 10 seconds left (not a Hail Mary). That’s 14 points.

Texas A&M 2016. 7 turnovers. Who knows how many points this prevented and/or put A&M in position to score.

There’s Florida 2017.

I know you can name things from other games and from other seasons. The point is pretty clear. This is not some sort of freak occurrence. It was not out of the ordinary. It’s what Tennessee does under Butch Jones.

For those of you who know what time it is, you know this is nothing new. But, I just wanted to point this out, because Tennessee has been giving points away to the opponent all on their own for a long time now.

Several good points here, but this trend didn't just start with Butch.

I feel like it is poor taste for you to point this out. I don't disagree with your post. I don't want you to feel unwelcome here. Maybe it's just too soon for me.

He's just trolling at this point. Sad thing is, some of these fools eat it up

I have seen a familiar theme from some people. “This is a good team. We’ve just got to clean up some of these mistakes”

This is off the top of my head. Keep in mind, I’m not a Vols fan here so I am sure many of you will be able to add to this.

Georgia 2015. Fumble on the 1 yard line, Georgia returns it 100 yards for a TD. That's a 14 point swing.

Florida 2016. 1st and goal from the 1 after a fumbled punt (because Florida suffers from the same kind of stupid). No points. Later with a 1st and goal from the Florida 3, Dobbs threw an interception in the endzone. And there were a slew of dropped passes in that 1st half. That’s 14 points.

Georgia 2016. Jalen Hurd fumbles on the 1 yard line (celebrating before he scored if I recall). Give up a 50 yard TD pass with 10 seconds left (not a Hail Mary). That’s 14 points.

Texas A&M 2016. 7 turnovers. Who knows how many points this prevented and/or put A&M in position to score.

There’s Florida 2017.

I know you can name things from other games and from other seasons. The point is pretty clear. This is not some sort of freak occurrence. It was not out of the ordinary. It’s what Tennessee does under Butch Jones.

For those of you who know what time it is, you know this is nothing new. But, I just wanted to point this out, because Tennessee has been giving points away to the opponent all on their own for a long time now.

Please check out all the other SEC teams and see if these things have happened to them as well.

99, now that I've cooled off for a couple of days, I will say congrats to your team for the victory. Also, you're about as classy of a rival fan as it gets. You're a damn good poster on this site, I respect you for that.

Please check out all the other SEC teams and see if these things have happened to them as well.

I don't know how often it has happened across the league.

What I can tell you is that there is a lot of bad football being played outside of Tuscaloosa.

And that there are a lot of fans and alumni of several SEC institutions that are not happy with their coaching staffs.

I actually don't remember it being this bad across the league.

What I can tell you is that there is a lot of bad football being played outside of Tuscaloosa.

And that there are a lot of fans and alumni of several SEC institutions that are not happy with their coaching staffs.

Its all a result of lack of media respect and descipline. Social media run amuck. Sports announcers run amuck. It has progressively gotten worse for last 15 years.

No longer is it ok for a team to make a mistake or have a misfortune. Someone must pay for it and pay hard and the more controversial point and click bait you can put out there the more mob mentality rules!

Gone are days when that game would be viewed as two good programs slugging it out till one team just got it the last punch. To now its

Holy crap what a ****ty call, what a loser, gotta be fired, unprepared, terrible coaching, Florida owns UT, Floridas worse team in decades, by name calling out players who fall or slip down, coaches who make split second decisions are second guessed for years! Same stuff happens to every team every week! They are the most provocative era we have ever been in. And you know what, its ruining the game - NFL is dropping fast. How can you screw up the NFL. Well they have. And it is starting to hit NCAA. Why is Hockey so popular now? Cause nobody cares, you can enjoy it for the sport of it. Why do they have to make it personal defeatism for the fans, the players and the coaches?

Don't get me wrong there's not a more fierce competitor than I am. I am not a trophy for all kind of guy. There are way too many damn bowls! But UT just lost a game. The coaches and players didn't just commit armed robbery here. It was so close actually it happened on a fluke miracle play!

People need to get real in here!

Trust me, I know. The worst part is everyone else is so bad, that it makes his record look pretty good and he's going to stick around.

As bad as Florida is, I don't know how many games they won't be favored in.

But he keeps winning games......in spite of everything...

Don't know how it will play out for Fla...I think this weekend's game with KY will be a hard fought game....

I don't see how we are gonna beat UGA, USCe, Bama, KY, or Vandy...

I kinda hope that CBJ gets blown out by USCe to make sure CBJ is fired....I hate to say that....but that's what it has come to for me....WE going nowhere with CBJ.....

Make Larry Scott interim Head Coach...he did very well at Miami as interim head coach!

Last edited:

I can't remember the SEC being this bad in a very long time....maybe the middle of the 70s...when only UGA and Bama were any good...:salute:

Holy crap what a ****ty call, what a loser, gotta be fired, unprepared, terrible coaching, Florida owns UT, Floridas worse team in decades, by name calling out players who fall or slip down, coaches who make split second decisions are second guessed for years! Same stuff happens to every team every week!

People need to get real in here!

Just where in the hades have you been for the last 4 years of this crap? In 2015 we were told it was a lack of depth...2016...injuries....blah blah blah.....

What's the excuse now? It's the 5th year in do-nothing coach's career in the SEC...He hasn't done anything to prove he can actually prepare a team to play and manage a game all the way thru to the end against the better teams....

You are the one who needs to get real....up in here!

Always respected 99 and Lawgaotor post on VN. They are opposing fans but always have classy and engaging posts. At the end of the day, Butch and company lost us the game on Saturday. I'm officially off the Butch train and I've held on for so long. He isn't the coach that can take us to the CFP. GBO🍊

Butch has not fixed his mistakes. And i highly doubt he will. he continually makes the same errors every time we play a big game. and then just for kicks does it occasionally against lesser opponents as well.

Just where in the hades have you been for the last 4 years of this crap? In 2015 we were told it was a lack of depth...2016...injuries....blah blah blah.....

What's the excuse now? It's the 5th year in do-nothing coach's career in the SEC...He hasn't done anything to prove he can actually prepare a team to play and manage a game all the way thru to the end against the better teams....

You are the one who needs to get real....up in here!

Well, I stand corrected.

Why aren't you coaching? If you know how to prepare them, coach then up, travel all over the country year round and bring them in, and never ever screw up or be even percieved as screwing up. Go for it!

What team do you coach by the way? Cause you seem to be excellent at judging and doing it must come easy.

Anyone with half a brain knows this isn't a good team because they lost to a terrible team such as the Florida Gators in laughable fashion.

Last edited:

There’s Florida 2017.

Everyone knows about the dumpster fire that the previous staff left. I appreciate what Coach Jones has done to stabilize the program and "restock the cupboards". With that being said,after 4+ seasons, we know what we have in Coach Jones. I almost get the feeling that when the team wins it's in spite of him, not because of him. How much more attractive is the position of Head Coach now than what he inherited ?!

I appreciate Butch turning around the program. But he is what he is. In reality Saban and Mullen seem the only other legit SEC coaches. His reward is his buyout and he'll get a soft landing back in AAC. We need to make a splash hire come December 2018.

Not at all poor taste. He posts here a ton. He isn't picking at us. Just pointing out the obvious things.

It's what I call open minded.

Last week he posted that whoever loses this game will be on the job line. Now, just see if he's correct on that.

Sensitive to condescending attitudes? Guilty as charged. If you are happy being patted on the head by UF fans... then that's on you. I've known the guy for more than 5 years here and on the old KNS comment board. It is always the same. UF has a RIGHT to expect greatness... UT needs to understand its place. I don't necessarily think he does it intentionally... it is just his attitude about the two programs. He's been poor mouthing for weeks now about a coach who has won the East 2 out of 2 years... but UT fans are basically getting what they should expect because UT simply isn't as good as UF.

Yep....woooeee is us Gators...our offense sucks but we've won the East but just not fancy enough boo hoo. Now Vol fans you can learn to be better lame ducks by fixing your mistakes but you're still never going to beat Florida...just keep that in your heads but I'm rooting for you...to keep Butch so this can ultimately continue.

Signed...99Gator...oh and btw remember you guys couldn't even beat our team that lost at home to Southern Georgia. Take care now gentlemen.

Last edited:

There’s Florida 2017.

You are right, it's time to upgrade.

Not at all was honest and said it with no malice too many people ha e had they head buried in sand far too long. My brothers are its grads and they called it along time ago.....said they seen it all with richt. However I do not think richt was quite that bad

why didn't he bring t martin as his offensive coordinator? this t martin 1st year as coordinator at USC..should have hired t martin

VN Store

Back