'20 FL Gerald Mincey (UF Transfer)

Trey went in the 6th rd I think and was starting in camp,so take what the NFL evaluator's say with a grain of salt.All it takes is 1 or 2 teams to really like you,take Dez Fitzpatrick for example.I had never heard of the dude at all,Titans trade up blowing 2 extra picks in the process.I never saw that coming nor did the rest the world.This whole game is an estimated guess at best.
If you’re referring to Smith? That’s not an apples to apples comparison based on medical conditions.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
If you’re referring to Smith? That’s not an apples to apples comparison based on medical conditions.

Yea Smith was who I was referring to...I was more less just kinda comparing the 2 as in u never know what may happen.I would assume Smiths play on the field woulda spoke for himself and the medical doctors are paid enuff they could inform a team if he was n any danger of not playing.Anything after round 3 is a risk,he just seemed like a good enuff risk to take higher than Rd 6.Long story short their isn't a science to the draft it's all projections and best guesses.

If he is only the 23rd rated guard should we care if he comes back or not?
LmWQ.gif

Here is where I am…

Do I think they are gonna take him? Yes

Do I think they have decided 100%? No

There are a couple of things that weigh in here…numbers and who potentially stays or goes on the current roster.

I’d prolly put this at 97% take but I’m not willing to say 100 because if a certain couple of things happened in the areas I spoke about happened then I think you get in that other 3%.

Remember, transfers don’t sign on Wednesday and just show up in January.
-AP

Wonder if Calbert is one of those things that could influence it or maybe just if a few big names fall like West and they take more HSers then they expect.
Would be odd not to take a guy with 3 years of eligibility in favor of a guy with 1 year and hasn’t stayed healthy his entire career.

I know that he can, but you can't complain about players and loyalty to their team, and then not show loyalty to a kid that's been all Vol for 5 years. That's really $hitty!
I agree, given our lack of depth Mincey should be an no brainer take unless you have another OL transfer lined up.

Reactions: volnut1
I agree, given our lack of depth Mincey should be an no brainer take unless you have another OL transfer lined up.
I think he is definitely wanted and needed. It's purely a numbers game. The fact that he hasn't tweeted anything contrary to his commitment tweet tells me that he's almost certainly a Vol.

VN Store

Back