‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

You gotta give this staff credit for getting as far as they have with people like Tate and Mauigoa.To not even be in these recruitment until the 11th hour and legit have a shot in itself is amazing but shows were building something special.Give it another year and these are the types of recruiting battles will win on the regular..Just gotta have faith and patience
9C6E80E4-DFDD-41E4-A171-B964198E8C39.gif

Whose the one that fired Fulmer in the first place? Had he not been forced out, we’re stuck with Pruitt for another year.

Plowman and DW have very little to do with NIL, regardless what those stupid rumors are saying.

It’s only been over a year since we hired a new athletic director but yeah, let’s blame them.

They HAD to get rid of Fulmer and Pruitt. There was literally no choice. Why do you think when we mention the administration we are only talking about 2 people? Nobody is putting the blame for this on 2 people. It’s much bigger than that.

So just to be clear, if Plowman or White approached Spyre and said listen, there still could be issues coming down the line with the NCAA regarding the investigation. Can you keep the NIL stuff in line and jot down anything that might cause them to look at us more? You think Spyre is just gonna say not our problem we are gonna do whatever we want? Come on man.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
I contribute. And semi significantly. But you are wrong on this one. Every TN fan absolutely has the right to complain about this loss. Why? Because of what we have had to go through for the past 15 or so years. We have been told we have big donors. We have the facilities. We have the recruiting budget. We have the NIL collective. TN fans but tons of merchandise every year. Even when we suck, Neyland is packed. Fans pay crazy money for a ticket, overpriced food and terrible parking.

Fans have been fed BS for years. The ONLY consistent thing about TN football is the fan base. We have been used and abused. So every TN has the right to complain.
Complain about being used and abused? What in the world does that have to do with Mauigoa choosing Miami. I understand some people can not afford to donate. And that post was not directed at that minority. The minimum donation is $60 yearly. Most people spend that in sodas or cigarettes or … so to say the average person can’t spend $60 a year to support their team is not factual.

My point is, this was/is a NIL loss. Pure and simple. If you want to fuss and complain about a lack of recruiting, then donate to support NIL.

We all want to talk about how we are the greatest fans, well IMO these great fans need to put their money where their mouth is.

And for the record, I am anti NIL from a principal standpoint. However, they didn’t ask my opinion and NIL is reality. If we want to win, we have to have everyone’s buy in. So buy in or we lose. That simple.

Complain about being used and abused? What in the world does that have to do with Mauigoa choosing Miami. I understand some people can not afford to donate. And that post was not directed at that minority. The minimum donation is $60 yearly. Most people spend that in sodas or cigarettes or … so to say the average person can’t spend $60 a year to support their team is not factual.

My point is, this was/is a NIL loss. Pure and simple. If you want to fuss and complain about a lack of recruiting, then donate to support NIL.

We all want to talk about how we are the greatest fans, well IMO these great fans need to put their money where their mouth is.

And for the record, I am anti NIL from a principal standpoint. However, they didn’t ask my opinion and NIL is reality. If we want to win, we have to have everyone’s buy in. So buy in or we lose. That simple.
Well said

They HAD to get rid of Fulmer and Pruitt. There was literally no choice. Why do you think when we mention the administration we are only talking about 2 people? Nobody is putting the blame for this on 2 people. It’s much bigger than that.

So just to be clear, if Plowman or White approached Spyre and said listen, there still could be issues coming down the line with the NCAA regarding the investigation. Can you keep the NIL stuff in line and jot down anything that might cause them to look at us more? You think Spyre is just gonna say not our problem we are gonna do whatever we want? Come on man.
Yea, because spyre has no affiliation to the university they are their own business nobody can legally tell them what to do…

Diaz buying players cost us FM. But if this continues it hurts Florida and Georgia way more. Cost them several recruits already this year. People blaming our coaches and Spyre for losing him is ridiculous
UF's class is in the sh*ter for sure, but UGA's ranked 6th atm and they are in the mix for tons of other highly ranked guys as usual.

We have whiffed on 5 stars since 2008 why is any rational and sapient Vol fan surprised by this

It baffles me why people feel like it’s some great accomplishment that we make these big recruits final 3a or whatever. We always have.

Reactions: MrVolton
Nico is gonna stick. But we need to get more in this class around him. This class needs to be the class that brings UT a championship. Period.

I just don’t understand why we are struggling with these offensive players. We have Nico.

I am donating fairly significantly to Spyre. That’s why I am pissed. But the fans who don’t donate can complain. Because they are buying tickets, shirts, hats and other things. Without the fans, this program would be nothing. You don’t have to donate to be a fully bought in fan.

Nico is gonna stick. But we need to get more in this class around him. This class needs to be the class that brings UT a championship. Period.
Gonna be really tough no matter who we bring in when you got Kirby down in Athens rolling with 5 stars for the foreseeable future.

It baffles me why people feel like it’s some great accomplishment that we make these big recruits final 3a or whatever. We always have.

This. When it comes to recruiting, second place is first loser. Why should anyone give a $&¡7 about being a hat on the table?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I just don’t understand why we are struggling with these offensive players. We have Nico.
No one knows how much Arch got commit to Texas. And since he's committed, Texas has been hoarding offensive talent!

And there's an easier path to follow, because there's no conflict of them being underpaid.

It seems to me the news about what Nico got paid is actually hurting the Vols now.

VN Store

Back