Florida -14 ' ! Can UT Win?

If you still think the Vols are getting blown out by Florida you haven't been paying attention. The Vols may or may not win next week, but the game will be a dog fight. That is obvious in the way the Vols have played in the last two games and the way Florida looked against UK.
Florida lost at home last year to Kentucky, generally looked really bad.....before they came to Knoxville and physically and emotionally dominated Tennessee. It’s what catapulted them to a 10-win season. So, your “the way Florida looked against UK” theory holds no water.

Reactions: Titan05
Florida lost at home last year to Kentucky, generally looked really bad.....before they came to Knoxville and physically and emotionally dominated Tennessee. It’s what catapulted them to a 10-win season. So, your “the way Florida looked against UK” theory holds no water.
You and I just have two totally different mentalities. I don't know you, but I will never go into a game with the absolute belief that we don't have a chance. IMO, that is a weakness.

I jumped on when it was 16.5...hope I don't the points...:D

PS. BT is better than you think...we've got to come hard, often, and put him on his butt...;)

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe the absence of BT has already been the difference between a Win and Loss this year. A freshman All-American that has been in the system 2 years now. He's a ball-hawking shutdown corner with a nose for the football! He's one of the best in the country, if you ask me. I know that's High Praise, but this cat has the potential to be a first-round draft pick, if he keeps his nose clean.

Agree.

I think we have to blitz our tails off and hope our secondary can hold up.

Tall order there.
Right, we have got to shut down their passing game. Make them beat us with the run. Gonna need Crouch be the bulldozer I seen on his highlights. What happened to our promising secondary? Wasn't that one of our team strengths last year and pre-season?

Agree.

I think we have to blitz our tails off and hope our secondary can hold up.

Tall order there.
If BT is back, I agree. If we have to start Burrell, we're going to get roasted. Florida's backup is just going to have to buy enough time to launch the Deep ball after Burrell gets burnt in man-to-man. Burrell does seem to be progressing from Week 1, but I still don't consider him anywhere near a starting SEC CB.

My observation from the UK - UF game last night is - UK didn't play scared or tight, seem to do that against UF and MSU for some reason. They took it to UF for most of the game playing aggressive and with a lot of intensity. Midway through the 4th QTR, they flipped and started to play not to lose, which bit them in the @$$.

Our VOLS tend to play UF tight and afraid to take chances - second half of the '16 game our guys came out on fire, took it straight at 'em and won. Different year / team, but can't say UK has a better team this year, so that seems to be part of the key. UF is used to being the aggressor and putting other teams in panic mode. Hit 'em in the mouth and put them on their heels...they tend to fold up like a lawn chair....UK last year, almost this year, Mizzou a few times.

UF doesn't look all that great so far....they are very beatable. UK just showed everyone how...but can't let up or get tight once they're on the ropes.

My observation from the UK - UF game last night is - UK didn't play scared or tight, seem to do that against UF and MSU for some reason. They took it to UF for most of the game playing aggressive and with a lot of intensity. Midway through the 4th QTR, they flipped and started to play not to lose, which bit them in the @$$.

Our VOLS tend to play UF tight and afraid to take chances - second half of the '16 game our guys came out on fire, took it straight at 'em and won. Different year / team, but can't say UK has a better team this year, so that seems to be part of the key. UF is used to being the aggressor and putting other teams in panic mode. Hit 'em in the mouth and put them on their heels...they tend to fold up like a lawn chair....UK last year, almost this year, Mizzou a few times.

UF doesn't look all that great so far....they are very beatable. UK just showed everyone how...but can't let up or get tight once they're on the ropes.
Good post. You're spot-on, in my opinion.

If BT is back, I agree. If we have to start Burrell, we're going to get roasted. Florida's backup is just going to have to buy enough time to launch the Deep ball after Burrell gets burnt in man-to-man. Burrell does seem to be progressing from Week 1, but I still don't consider him anywhere near a starting SEC CB.

I think the secondary is probably abused either way, so I’d go all in and try to disrupt the passing game with blitzes.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I'd feel better about a close game if Bituli AND Bryce Thompson were both starting

From what I saw the backup played against a defense playing not to lose with a very depleted secondary. JG would’ve lit UK up in the second half of that game. I was not impressed with UF last night.
There's only one thing JG would light up, and it isn't anyone's secondary

We struggled to score 30 against GSU...You honestly think we can score 28 on Florida?!? LMAO...JG isn't smart enough to figure out that UF defense.
Some people seem to be forgetting that Florida has been in a dogfight in 2 of their 3 games this year and should be 1-2 themselves! Miami gave them the game and Kentucky missed like a 35-yard field goal that would have beaten them.

At this point I would like to see hard playing and no quiting. Let Florida know they played a SEC football game.
They better play somebody else then if you want them to feel like they've been in an sec game😄

Florida is way too fast for Tennessee on both sides of the ball. I would not bet on the Vols in this game.

There's only one thing JG would light up, and it isn't anyone's secondary
Yea whatever. JG is not a good QB but even I am able to admit he’s had a few good games.

If you take the orange sunglasses off you can see more clearly.

Fla. is sandbagging bigtime. Their defensive players that didn't play much at UK aren't that banged to the extent that they can't play against us. I'd count on 'em being full strength up front. Our OL is in for a huge test because that seems to be one of UF's biggest strengths.

Doesn't Fla seem to have a higher gear for Tenn? Since SOS began throwing out shade at UT in pregame weeks, they have held a kind on mental edge. Because not only did he do it to rattle our cage, but it forced his own team to come out busting with energy to back it up. I don't see them doing it to anyone else, but it works for them many times against us. But they come out the gate super fired up and aggressive in the opening frames against us. Then force some early mistakes and we find ourselves in the hole early.

VN Store

Back