Florida is in harm’s way if

fade route

Just being honest
Chip chooses UCLA over them. The PR will be horrible and whoever UF targets next, Frost, Mullen, etc will know, and will public knowledge, that they are the 2nd choice. That’s called losing the press conference. Not a good start.

I appreciate the way Currie is handling the search for us, as frustrating as it is day to day for fans, keeping everything very close to vest and divulging absolutely nothing. Gives him room to be turned down and not have it splashed across every website from coast to coast, while finding another solid candidate that will please most.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
IMO it will be pretty understandable he will have chose UCLA for comfort and familiarity with PAC12

And because that’s where all his recruiting connections are having never coached in southeast

UF is still a top 10 if not top 5 job

Reactions: 1 person
the report i read today said Florida is already moving on to other options. they did meet with Kelly, but it sounds like he is looking at his options.

hopefully they miss out on their top guys and get a little bad publicity :pilot:

Reactions: 3 people
What gets me is how Hyams says there are no leaks from the AD but turns around and writes articles based on "sources". What a doofus. But yes, I would rather be turned down privately and it not be a debacle like the previous 2 hires.

It will suck missing on him tho since he is hands down the best available and the fact we went all in trying to get him is a good thing shows our new AD is smarter then our last when it comes to football hires foley never would have even tried

It will suck missing on him tho since he is hands down the best available and the fact we went all in trying to get him is a good thing shows our new AD is smarter then our last when it comes to football hires foley never would have even tried

The guy that got Meyer wouldn’t have tried?

I must have missed something

McElwaine and Muschamp were his last 2 hires tho

And i honestly believe those were his first choices other then maybe stoops

Foley didn’t like going after big fish like Kelly he wanted to look super smart hiring an up and comer

And i honestly believe those were his first choices

I fully believe without doing research that they got caught trying to go back to the well to many tkmes. There’s only 1 Meyer and you can’t duplicate it.

It sucks when you lose a great coach and the admins go easy street. Hell look at Tennessee we’ve struck out since Fulmer was let go.

Foley didn’t like going after big fish like Kelly he wanted to look super smart hiring an up and comer

Yep. And he didn't like spending a lot of money on coaches either. He'd pay an up and comer after they proved it, but he wasn't going to pay top dollar for an already proven coach. Kind of amazing considering the program and resources UF has.

One of my favorite coaching search rumors/stories was hearing that Foley asked SOS for his resume after Zook was fired - SOS told him it's in your trophy case.

Reactions: 3 people
Chip chooses UCLA over them. The PR will be horrible and whoever UF targets next, Frost, Mullen, etc will know, and will public knowledge, that they are the 2nd choice. That’s called losing the press conference. Not a good start.

I appreciate the way Currie is handling the search for us, as frustrating as it is day to day for fans, keeping everything very close to vest and divulging absolutely nothing. Gives him room to be turned down and not have it splashed across every website from coast to coast, while finding another solid candidate that will please most.

I follow your logic, but it's not as if UF could have preliminary conversations with Frost or Mullen until their respective seasons are over.

You missed former UF president Bernie Machen having an excellent working relationship with Urban Meyer when they both were at Utah, which made Jeremy Foley's job much easier than it could have been.

They could with their respective agents though. Happens all the time.

I don't doubt that's happening now, but neither Frost nor Mullen are in a position to accept the position or have direct conversations with UF until after their regular seasons are over.

I pretty much agree with this, however, UT is already at it's third choice by most accounts. It's safe to say they have reached out to Gruden and Kelly (per recent reports) and both have said "no thanks."

Regarding UF, if Kelly chooses UCLA then UF will be faced with two realities; a prominent guy just chose a middle-of-the-pack Pac-12 program over your supposed top 10/top 5 program in the country, plus, the next guy will know he's choice #2.

I pretty much agree with this, however, UT is already at it's third choice by most accounts. It's safe to say they have reached out to Gruden and Kelly (per recent reports) and both have said "no thanks."

Regarding UF, if Kelly chooses UCLA then UF will be faced with two realities; a prominent guy just chose a middle-of-the-pack Pac-12 program over your supposed top 10/top 5 program in the country, plus, the next guy will know he's choice #2.

I don’t think it’s safe to say that. Most people wouldn’t consider either of those names realistic for us regardless of what a small very vocal minority would have you believe.

And personally I like that Currie is being tight lipped. It makes us nuts. But it avoids exactly what you guys are going thru.

Maybe but depending on who we get, we're in pretty much the same position with Gruden. Whether we've even actually offered him or not, it's all over the media that a good chunk if not majority of the fanbase wants Gruden.

Getting some solid info that Kelly is not headed to UF.

Disappointing if true...especially if Frost stays at UCF or goes elsewhere.

In addition to McElwain winning 2 SEC east championships, Florida didn't do itself any favors by firing McElwain with cause. It looks bad to any incoming coach.

Florida needs to call Kiffin . Excellent hire imo . The guy knows offense and Quarterbacks to things Florida doesn't know . Master recruiter that is already known to Florida high school coaches

This is just hilarious. As soon as UF started winning, all that negativity would just evaporate. BTW, I still think UF gets Kelly.

VN Store

Back