For a man that everyone claims loves his university...

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Fumer should pay out of his pocket the one hour difference to the ushers at the stadium. Because attendance has been low, the ushers and gatekeepers were told that they would be paid one less hour per game.

So let me get this straight... we can afford to give Fulmer $6 million, but can't pay each of the ushers an extra $6.50 an hour?

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the blue hairs. I've never seen so many people's tickets checked for empty sections in Neyland or, even worse, when god forbid someone wanted to move to the empty lower deck of TBA during BuzzBall.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for the blue hairs. I've never seen so many people's tickets checked for empty sections in Neyland or, even worse, when god forbid someone wanted to move to the empty lower deck of TBA during BuzzBall.

That's their job...You don't pay for that section You don't get to sit in that section.

I am a Neyland Stadium Usher. I am an Alum. I am not old. It is a privilege to get to watch the games. However, here are a few things you may not know:
1. We are NOT losing pay due to attendance
2. For those who do our job the right way, we have to be IN THE STADIUM 2 1/2 before the game until the game is over, standing the whole time
3. We have to deal with intoxicated people, people sitting in others' seats, and constantly having to ask many folks to not block other spectators' views
4. We have to often intervence in arguments, displays of bad sportsmanship, and those using foul language

This is, however, a very enjoyable job.

Just thought you should know the truth!

Fumer should pay out of his pocket the one hour difference to the ushers at the stadium. Because attendance has been low, the ushers and gatekeepers were told that they would be paid one less hour per game.

So let me get this straight... we can afford to give Fulmer $6 million, but can't pay each of the ushers an extra $6.50 an hour?

How is this Fulmers problem? He was forced out.

I am a Neyland Stadium Usher. I am an Alum. I am not old. It is a privilege to get to watch the games. However, here are a few things you may not know:
2. For those who do our job the right way, we have to be IN THE STADIUM 2 1/2 before the game until the game is over, standing the whole time
3. We have to deal with intoxicated people, people sitting in others' seats, and constantly having to ask many folks to not block other spectators' views
4. We have to often intervence in arguments, displays of bad sportsmanship, and those using foul language

Welcome to the board!

What's the application process like?

I'm glad you guys aren't losing pay because of the attendance. But tell the truth, you're just doing it to get in the games free, right? Just kidding. I would love to have the job just to be able to drag the drunk ass trouble makers out of the stadium into the paddy wagon.

Please explain how you have been able to equate Coach Phil Fulmer's love of UT to this....? Sometimes, I'm quite simply amazed at what I read here...:unsure:

Some here don't let the truth get in the way.

Last edited:
Please explain how you have been able to equate Coach Phil Fulmer's love of UT to this....? Sometimes, I'm quite simply amazed at what I read here...:unsure:
Well, it's all about comprehension and having a sense of humor. Everybody here loves the Vols and wants what's best for the university.

They are always looking for new ushers. I have been doing it for 5 years. I would suggest asking an usher or gatekeeper at the next game to get you in touch with a supervisor. Or you can contact the athletic department and inquire.

You'd do it for free though, right?

Yes I do like to watch the games for free. And we know how hard it is to get season tickets any other way without an arm and a leg!

VN Store

Back