For all the people calling for JG to replace QD

At some point you have to put points on the board. Something JG has not done at all this year.

More than 16 combined in all the games, something Dormady has done multiple times.

The defense did put the points on the board. If the offense could at least get a few first downs, maybe the defense could get rested up, put more on the board, and stop the other team later in the game.

Screw the systems. Just find some coaches who know something about playing football ... both parts, but especially defense.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the reasons I like JG especially what I've seen from this game. Is that the kid goes out there and plays with heart and is tough. He took alot of hits and tough shots. And his teammates seem to love him and respond to him. I think if this kid is given good coaches he has a chance to be pretty good.

Qd on the other hand is always playing scared he's soft. Always throwing off his back foot or throwing into ground. It just seems like he's so scared of contact. You can't play scared just can't.

Reactions: 1 person
Stop being STUPID and falling into this ridiculous trap.

QD is a talented QB. JG is a talented QB. Both have been asked to run a "system" that DOES NOT WORK.

JG looks decent to me. Good mobility, strong arm. Had some long passes dropped or just off fingertips. I think he'll be a good QB. Consider he has no blocking, coaching or receivers

Long passes dropped? How bout alll the passes that werent even in the neighorhood of a WR.

One of the reasons I like JG especially what I've seen from this game. Is that the kid goes out there and plays with heart and is tough. He took alot of hits and tough shots. And his teammates seem to love him and respond to him. I think if this kid is given good coaches he has a chance to be pretty good.

Qd on the other hand is always playing scared he's soft. Always throwing off his back foot or throwing into ground. It just seems like he's so scared of contact. You can't play scared just can't.

PURE BS... but go ahead and throw one guy or the other under the bus rather than pointing the finger at the guy truly to blame. Both QB's have talent. Both have done some good and bad things. The major problem for both is BUTCH JONES. I mean QD did produce more but made more mistakes. But neither has been very good... so rather than trying to call one pile of crap more tasty than another pile of crap... why not just blame the one who's crapping everywhere?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
JG looks decent to me. Good mobility, strong arm. Had some long passes dropped or just off fingertips. I think he'll be a good QB. Consider he has no blocking, coaching or receivers

So... basically the same problems that tanked QD.

If we ever want to see what either of these talented young QB's can do... we need to see Butch gone and a GOOD offensive scheme put in place.

They both have talent, but with QD passing defending the pass is as least an option. 8-9 in the box, JG is shut down. He couldnt hit a wide open receiver with no Defensive pressure.

They both have talent, but with QD passing defending the pass is as least an option. 8-9 in the box, JG is shut down. He couldnt hit a wide open receiver with no Defensive pressure.

Jones stubbornly wants to succeed ONLY the way he wants it.

The short, quick passing game worked for QD. Not too much thinking for anyone. Just hit it quick. It has worked a little for JG.

The last time UT went to ATL... Cut built a whole O on very, very mediocre players and "dink and dunk". Short passes.

If Jones were anything like the coach UT needed... that would be the staple of UT's O right now. But Jones is determined to run 75% of the time on first down then throw his complex read routes, screens, and swings.

One thing has worked with any consistency... and he refuses to do it.

QD is hurt. Something wasn't right and it showed.

No. No. Didn't you read the post above? He's soft... why you could even call him a pansy.

JG isn't ready and hasn't played very well. QD had moments but made a lot of mistakes and turned it over too much. NEITHER has been put in a position to succeed by their HC.

No, we wouldn't have even had a chance at the end of the SC game with QD.

If Dormady had been healthy and playing as well as he did in the 2nd half vs GT... USCe wouldn't have been in the game by the end. It would have been a blow out.

USCe is NOT a good team and do NOT have a talented D.

JG has talent. But he is not ready to play and especially not in Jones ridiculous "system".

The receivers can't get open at all.... so we really have no idea if JG is ready or not. ..... wtf is he supposed to do

Exactly. People are getting into JG for not looking good. He has no time, the receivers can't get open, and the play calling is handcuffing him. Just open the book up and let the kid play. He is the more talented player and that's nothing against QD.

Exactly. People are getting into JG for not looking good. He has no time, the receivers can't get open, and the play calling is handcuffing him. Just open the book up and let the kid play. He is the more talented player and that's nothing against QD.

So we can't know how talented JG is because the WR's can't get open and the playcalling/offense are bad... but using QD's performance while trying to compensate for both of those things... you've determined JG is better?

If you can't know how good or bad JG is... then how can you know how good QD is or that JG is better?

The receivers can't get open at all.... so we really have no idea if JG is ready or not. ..... wtf is he supposed to do

But somehow that wasn't a valid reason for QD's struggles... right? It was OK to trash him and demand a change.

QD is a much better QB than he was ever able to show because of the WR's, OL, and RIDICULOUS Jones' O.

In fact, you could argue that QD's performance and talent demonstration was suppressed MUCH MORE than JG's since JG is more mobile. QD looked to throw it... not run it.

Exactly, let JG pass against UMass and GT for a comparison. QD bombed against UGA was horrible. JG did NOT start the no TD streak QD did.
But JG has continued it!!!!

He is NOT ready! I really wanted Butch to put QD in today after it became clear we couldn't do any worse..but no, just kept running JG out there series after series..3 and out..3 and out....and then for Butch to not call a timeout with 20 secs left on the clock and let it run down to 02 secs left to attempt a hail mary was reminding me of the Dooley game against Missou in 2012...we have went from a contender to a national joke in 7 games this year..somethings got to give

Dormady had to deal with all of the same issues JG has faced. Dormady should not have lost his position because of a bad scheme and system. Now, if Dormady is nursing an injury that is hampering him, that's a different issue.

Have we ever had another quarterback with a 6.3 qbr even if it was against Alabama? Still trying to find the positives!

Look downfield guys when he drops back. There is nothing. This is the worst wr's corp I think I have ever seen. It is either the route tree or the players. Whatever it is there is hardly ever anyone open.

VN Store

Back