Forgive my ignorance, but with Bama getting absolutely raided…

420172699_10168407103085004_4032503750362756386_n.jpg
LOL. At least this person isn't about "Me". 🤦🤣🤷

Reactions: OneVolNation
Bamers loved raiding other rosters when changes happened. They get what they deserve and all of this shows the players didnt give a damn about Alabama, The Bryant Museum and Denny Chimes. They were there for Saban and Saban only.
Saban and the money…

One thing I’ve learned in my life is that things can always get worse.
I know that's right. I had more than one boss in my career that made us absolutely miserable and we couldn't wait for them to leave or get canned.
And then their replacement took over.....good times

Reactions: HalfullVol
People tend to read headlines not details.....

To be fair, I can be guilty of that too. It is hard to follow all of the news. You see a bunch of people saying something and you assume or bite on it only to find out you are wrong.

Since Dec 4, 2023, there have been 28 Alabama players to hit the portal (8 of them since Saban announced retirement on Jan 10).

19 of them have already found a home (one of them to the Vols).
3 of them are projected at 100% to transfer to Missouri, Georgia and Ole Miss.
6 of them are still looking for a new home.

Here is the most recent list of confirmed players leaving Bama:

QB Tyler Buchner - committed to Notre Dame (lacrosse)
QB Eli Holstein - committed to Pitt
RB Roydell Williams - enrolled at Florida State
WR Malik Benson - enrolled at Florida State
WR Isaiah Bond - committed to Texas
WR Ja’Corey Brooks- committed to Louisville
WR Shazz Preston - committed to Tulane
TE Miles Kitselman - committed to Tennessee
OL Terrence Ferguson - enrolled at Florida State
OL Seth McLaughlin - committed to Ohio State
DL Anquin Barnes - committed to Colorado
DL Monkell Goodwine - committed to South Carolina
DL Isaiah Hastings - committed to Syracuse
LB Kendrick Blackshire - committed to Texas
LB Shawn Murphy - committed to Florida State
CB Earl Little II - enrolled at Florida State
CB Dezz Ricks - committed to Texas A&M
S Jake Pope - committed to Georgia
S Kristian Story - enrolled at Kentucky
Seven more players remain available:
WR Thaiu Jones-Bell
WR Hayden Neighbors
TE Amari Niblack
TE Jax Porter
LB Ian Jackson
CB Trey Amos
CB Antonio Kite

Is Deboer already a dead man walking?

I don't know this but I think we have the portal staff calling every high level player that goes in the portal to see if they want to talk or visit. If they say no, likely don't continue to chase.

I think we have at least tried to contact each of the Bama players BUT, almost everyone of them know where they are going before hitting the portal.

We have the money and the room to chas anyone if they have it interest.

The average salesman quits after 3 calls, the average sale is made after 7. Recruiting is nothing but sales so I hope the coaches aren't quitting after 1 call.

Maybe the Alabama situation with all the players leaving will make coaches think again about leaving a pretty good gig for “greener pastures”.

The average salesman quits after 3 calls, the average sale is made after 7. Recruiting is nothing but sales so I hope the coaches aren't quitting after 1 call.

Coaches aren't doing the calling. They are on the road recruiting. There is staff that contacts players.

With thousands of players being recruited, high school and transfers, coaches can't be placing multiple calls to players not interested. The hundred that are showing interest is who they should be focused on. Visiting and calling multiple times.

Our coaches have been out and all over the country this week.

Plus, I'm sure they are staying in contact with current roster to be sure no one else enters the portal. That is a constant thing also. That is for graduated players.

VN Store

Back