Freshman Surprise Starter?

So where does all of this Roman Harrison love come from? I keep hearing ppl talk about him like he was a 5 star or something.

HS all star in GA and crazy good stats. Yes many think hes underrated.

Crazy talk. We haven't been able to do such things forever it seems. Kid will probably come in the 3rd Q for his first PT against Bama if things go as normal around here. I sure hope Pruit can clean this mess up in a couple of years.
That's true.I just think of how they ruined that Coleman kid and others playing them to early.Playing o-line in the S.E.C is not for faint of heart.

Akprogne and Maurer if we don't have the line to protect him.But J.G is the starter anyway.
Akporoghene may be the best of the incoming Oline this year. He is a physical specimen that reminds me of Harry Galbreath from the 1960s. I realize that he has little experience and my need more teaching, but he will be a force in the future. I think our Oline in the future will be dominate.

Not dissing on any returning starters/contributors, but logic, to me says, with how our OL performed LY, that all but one of the positions (only one if Smith returns), are open for new infusion of whoever can hold a block so the QB doesn't get killed, and plow the way for our RB's. More than any other position group, the OL will be the reason we have better results in 2019.

"It's difficult to see a path to playing time for Akporoghene this fall given the more experienced options Tennessee has for both guard spots with returning starters"

So you read an article that openly states how raw he is, how he needs to redshirt, and how there isn’t a clear path to playing time this year....... and you come away thinking “Surprize starter?!?!?!?!?”
I think he was thinking more Surprise starter.......

Akporogene is a project. He looks the part but his mechanics need alot of training . I would expect him on field until a red shirt year is over... and then we will see where he us,at . May be as a soph or jr if he keeps working

Reactions: Pacer92
Was Akporogene a highly sought after prospect? IIRC he had some other big time offers correct?

Akporoghene may be the best of the incoming Oline this year. He is a physical specimen that reminds me of Harry Galbreath from the 1960s. I realize that he has little experience and my need more teaching, but he will be a force in the future. I think our Oline in the future will be dominate.
1960s?? Harry Galbreath played for Tennessee 1984-1987.

Was Akporogene a highly sought after prospect? IIRC he had some other big time offers correct?

Auburn and Arkansas recruited him, along with Arizona state and Arizona out west. I believe he had 33 total offers so he was definitely sought after. Playing at IMG for a year definitely helped him!

"There is a lot of long-term potential there, projects as an upper tier Power 5 starter and potential mid-late round NFL draft pick.”
- Greg Biggins, 247

"but he was ranked much lower (No. 2,262 overall and No. 184 at his position) by 247Sports"

Patience is the word with Akporoghene, reaching his ceiling in development will be rewarding however

With Pruitt starting freshmen last year like Thompson, Taylor and Flowers...I’d be surprised if that trend ended.

My surprise starter...Elijah Simmons...before the year is up..

I love this kid. Like I said before, conditioning will be a big factor. June and July is going to be very important for him. It won't be a week or two in fall camp before we know. Pushing against SEC 300-320lb lineman in the August heat will wear a person down fast. That's when we will know.

Reactions: Remy and Pacer92
Akporoghene may be the best of the incoming Oline this year. He is a physical specimen that reminds me of Harry Galbreath from the 1980s. I realize that he has little experience and my need more teaching, but he will be a force in the future. I think our Oline in the future will be dominate.

fyp

VN Store

Back