Fulmer: "I'm going to be around"

I hope Fulmer has say in who our next football coach will be.

Lord help us. why would you want this guy to have anything to do with our football program? he ran it into the ground once. I don't know who has the biggest ego, Majors or Fulmer.

Reactions: 1 person
Make sure he has his lawyer there!

The guy needs to move on and become a fan of the program. He says this same loyalty stuff so much it's almost as if he's trying to fool himself that he is. That or he's trying to play on sympathy. He got 6 million to walk away. Freak sakes, walk away!

Guarantee if Fulmer's lawyer is still practicing, he doesn't advertise his presence with Phil at Shoney's. How the Hell does any competent attorney not get what was wrong with that picture from the moment the idea was mentioned? That was a fleet of loaded trucked filled with stupid.

Lord help us. why would you want this guy to have anything to do with our football program? he ran it into the ground once. I don't know who has the biggest ego, Majors or Fulmer.

His opinion is still valuable.

So Florida and Georgia don't count?

Not when it's year four and no division titles. We were not asking for Jones to win the SEC last year even though we had the horses to. We just wanted to be in the championship game.

You have to give it to Fulmer. After all the admin drama he comes out and says it's all good, I'm still here for my school.

Reactions: 3 people
- Declining Play
- Declining Recruiting
- Making the same mistakes over and over

It's year five and our talent level is lower than last year.

This is a year of potential. A lot of unproven or proven to need improvement. This is the year for CBJ to "prove"himself.

I like his chances.

Go Vols!

This is a year of potential. A lot of unproven or proven to need improvement. This is the year for CBJ to "prove"himself.

I like his chances.

Go Vols!

If he changes a lot of things philosophically, it could happen. If he doesn't change anything, he will be fired quickly.

Not when you turn around and lose to Vandy and USCe and lose the East!

Therefore it's no better than losing to Ga and Fla then beating lowly USCe and Vandy.

I disagree. Can't put your blinders on and ignore the good to latch on to your narrative. Having a winning streak against Georgia and a program defining win against Florida are not ignorable. If we had beat Vandy and SC without these two other wins, you'd have found no redeemable value...because they're not on our level. They were when Butch took over. He changed that. Now our next target is Bama's level. You can't acknowledge that because it screws with your defeatist approach. If Butch doesn't get the job done, we'll all KNOW at the same time.

I disagree. Can't put your blinders on and ignore the good to latch on to your narrative. Having a winning streak against Georgia and a program defining win against Florida are not ignorable. If we had beat Vandy and SC without these two other wins, you'd have found no redeemable value...because they're not on our level. They were when Butch took over. He changed that. Now our next target is Bama's level. You can't acknowledge that because it screws with your defeatist approach. If Butch doesn't get the job done, we'll all KNOW at the same time.

Butch's biggest problem will be the downward trend of recruiting that started on signing day of '16.

Butch's biggest problem will be the downward trend of recruiting that started on signing day of '16.

Unless it trends up...which happens. Then it'll be your problem. Because you went all Burger and decided something before it happened. :)

Yep.. Just so he can feel relavent.

Feel relevant? What does that mean? He's been fundraising for the University with Dr DiPietro for the last year and a half and I doubt 99.9% of Vol fans even knew it. Just got eff'd yet again by the school he loves and is still "around", willing to help. You Majors guys just kill me.

Reactions: 6 people
So you wouldn't have hated losing to Florida and Georgia?

That was a glitch of spelling, but Florida going 12 in a row would have been worse, the way it would have happened against Ga would have been worse.

To lose to SC and Vandy was a bunch of junk. Flukes that just were annoying. An anomaly of misfortune, two perfect storms working against us. Blah, blah , blah, it's a bummer.

Feel relevant? What does that mean? He's been fundraising for the University with Dr DiPietro for the last year and a half and I doubt 99.9% of Vol fans even knew it. Just got eff'd yet again by the school he loves and is still "around", willing to help. You Majors guys just kill me.

One, I'm not a Majors guy. Two, if he didn't want attention for being associated with the program he wouldn't be doing/saying things to be in the light. Third, KB, I've always maintained Majors deserved credit for building up the program.

One, I'm not a Majors guy. Two, if he didn't want attention for being associated with the program he wouldn't be doing/saying things to be in the light. Third, KB, I've always maintained Majors deserved credit for building up the program.

"In the light"? He's a major, public figure in Knoxville as a former HOF National title winning head coach. He was at a fundraising Golf event for the Boys Club and was asked a question, and he answered it, honestly and with the class he's always displayed.

As far as Majors, he's gotten credit for building up the program, he's a beloved figure in Tennessee for his work as a coach and player. Fulmer should rightly get more credit for taking a good program (which he helped rebuild by the way) to a much higher level that Majors could never get to....a great national title winning program.

Reactions: 6 people
Unless it trends up...which happens. Then it'll be your problem. Because you went all Burger and decided something before it happened. :)

If I am, I have no problem admitting I was wrong. Lyle, the man, is a really good person. Butch, the football coach, leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: 2 people
As far as Majors, he's gotten credit for building up the program, he's a beloved figure in Tennessee for his work as a coach and player. Fulmer should rightly get more credit for taking a good program (which he helped rebuild by the way) to a much higher level that Majors could never get to....a great national title winning program.

KB, this is why there should be an * by that 152-52 number.

VN Store

Back