Fulmer, Pruitt, Majors, Propst understand marathon rebuild

Or, and I know this is a radical idea, with the right coach we could develop the talent here and become somewhat competitive until we can upgrade the talent.

Seems that model works at places like Colorado with much worse talent on the shelf.
The talent here is pretty terrible in comparison to our peers imo. I’m not saying we should lose to Georgia State or hell even BYU but we’re pretty terrible compared to most SEC programs.

Reactions: Bob Neyland
Or, and I know this is a radical idea, with the right coach we could develop the talent here and become somewhat competitive until we can upgrade the talent.

Seems that model works at places like Colorado with much worse talent on the shelf.
You're crazy... Ask 50% of these guys. They'll tell you Pruitt is THE GUY.

That's how I know my eyesight and basic knowledge of football is failing me.

The ones that know he's THE ONE obviously can see things I can't. I see regression and, at times, what I can only refer to as 'bumbling. ' Again, my dang eyesight has failed me again.

The talent here is pretty terrible in comparison to our peers imo. I’m not saying we should lose to Georgia State or hell even BYU but we’re pretty terrible compared to most SEC programs.
Rated 16th in the nation by 247. Middle of the pack in the SEC. People no longer expect the coach to, well, coach.

Lack of talent may be why we aren’t winning championships. It’s not why we’re failing to compete with the middle of the conference.

The “jimmies and joes” factor is a differentiator at the elite levels....but not down where we are living.

Love how Rush Propst is randomly popping up in weekly ut threads to offer official opinions.

" and to get the lastest scoop on the UT football program, let's go to random.disgraced Georgia football coach Rush Prospt (name depending on what wife he is with.)"

Makes no sense.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
So with the kids that left a week ago we’ve dropped in the composite ranking from 13th to 16th. Still trying to find ga state and BYU on this list. And I know you won’t reply because I made a legitimate post with a link to back it up. I know he pumpers want to say Pruitt has absolutely no talent to work with and it’ll take 6+ years to build a team that could beat the juggernauts that are ga state and BYU. Bla bla. Lol

2019 College Football Team Talent Composite
Lol of the 32 4 stars named In this article 4 of them have never have or will play a down for UT this year.... AND 12 of the other blue chippers including 3 of the 5 stars are true Freshman

So settle down skippy this a major rebuilding project that if given time might just turnout to be something

Lol of the 32 4 stars named In this article 4 of them have never have or will play a down for UT this year.... AND 12 of the other blue chippers including 3 of the 5 stars are true Freshman

So settle down skippy this a major rebuilding project that if given time might just turnout to be something
Couldnt one argue that if he underachieves with the roster he currently has he will underachieve with the roster then as well?

Couldnt one argue that if he underachieves with the roster he currently has he will underachieve with the roster then as well?
Nope, all it takes is the best players. When we get all of the best players we won't even need a coach....the whole thing is self-sustaining at that point.

Nope, all it takes is the best players. When we get all of the best players we won't even need a coach....the whole thing is self-sustaining at that point.
Sweet, like back in the day the top 25 high school players choose Tennessee. Sounds exciting, cant wait

Reactions: Booker512
Its like an endless loop.

He needs players. He has players. He needs time. An experienced coach wouldn't. We don't have an experienced coach. Hire a good coach. We don't hire good coaches. I know but hire a good coach. We don't hire good coaches. I know but hire a good coach. Our Administration sucks. But hire a good coach. We don't hire good coaches. I know but hire a good coach. He just needs his players. He has his players.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
Rated 16th in the nation by 247. Middle of the pack in the SEC. People no longer expect the coach to, well, coach.

Lack of talent may be why we aren’t winning championships. It’s not why we’re failing to compete with the middle of the conference.

The “jimmies and joes” factor is a differentiator at the elite levels....but not down where we are living.
I’m not giving Pruitt a pass here. I’m simply saying up to this year our talent in the trenches has been crap. We had an extended period which strength and conditioning was non existent; so that’s where you’re going to see the most problem. Trey Smith is our best olineman before he was hit with health issues. Two of our other kids are freshmen.

I’m simply saying for now Pruitt needs to amass more talent. If we’re no where closer next year then he needs to be gone.

Tired of the JG bashing. He was good enough to beat AU and KY last year and almost carry a worse roster into the postseason with a significantly harder schedule. The coaches are asking too much of JG this season and that's on them. The OL and backfield are better this year. The staff could've come out and run more or less the same thing we did last season and we'd be at least 3-1 right now. JG's college career to this point consisted of running for his life and trying not to turn the ball over. You cannot expect someone to transition from that to working through series of complex progressions in one off season. JG has been misused this season and it shows in his stats and the record.

Some of it is unwarranted but hes not a very good QB and that's not all on coaching as much as some want it to be.

He didnt get a chance to play the position last year due to a porous OL. He had a good game against AU but didnt need to do much to beat UK when the D held them to 7. Outside that he just survived.

Apparently he looks like an NFL QB in practice and I think Chaney and Pruitt both thought he would be serviceable this year with a better OL. Which he now has.

They gave him a chance in the Ga St game to throw it a lot. BYU they pulled the reins back and went very simple. He didnt respond to either. They didnt ask him to do a lot against UF. His worst decisions and throws come on very basic reads.
For all the talk about coaching and hiring poor ones, his current OC is well thought of across the country and his resume is pretty good with QBs of varying abilities.

The fact is simple. UT needed him to be decent and he hasn't been. And it's not because they havent tried several things to make him comfortable.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I’m not giving Pruitt a pass here. I’m simply saying up to this year our talent in the trenches has been crap. We had an extended period which strength and conditioning was non existent; so that’s where you’re going to see the most problem. Trey Smith is our best olineman before he was hit with health issues. Two of our other kids are freshmen.

I’m simply saying for now Pruitt needs to amass more talent. If we’re no where closer next year then he needs to be gone.
He has what he has....just like Mel Tucker and others. The good ones get something out of what they have, until they can get something better.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Yes...we dont have the roster to beat bama or uga. But stop acting like it’ll take years to be decent again. We lost to fing ga state and BYU. At home. A good middle school coach manages the game and emotions of his players (better than Pruitt did) and easily wins those games. Why are some unwilling to criticize how inept Pruitt has been this year and rather continue to exaggerate how little talent we have to work with. We still have one of the top 15 overall rosters in college football
We do not have a top 15 overall roster not even close

Quit coming in here saying it’s not that bad when it is that bad. It will take years to rebuild because we crumbled for years. GA state only matters to weak minded people who can’t handle the truth, we can lose to a terrible team on a bad day. Teams have off days and we got caught. Coaches owned it and we’ve moved on. But the reality is we are bad enough to lose to anyone if we drop the ball. We have a bottom 125 roster brother wake up.
Two things that a coach MUST control, regardless how the skill level of his roster compares to that of the opponent: (1) the players, offense, defense and special teams, must be in position as coached at all times and (2) the players must give maximum effort at all times. Pruitt has failed miserably at both. Don’t care what the talent level is, he has thus far failed as a head coach.

Yes...we dont have the roster to beat bama or uga. But stop acting like it’ll take years to be decent again. We lost to fing ga state and BYU. At home. A good middle school coach manages the game and emotions of his players (better than Pruitt did) and easily wins those games. Why are some unwilling to criticize how inept Pruitt has been this year and rather continue to exaggerate how little talent we have to work with. We still have one of the top 15 overall rosters in college football

Tennessee has all left handed players

We already saw Gump run his marathon from sea to shining sea in his documentary movie Forest Gump!

Well I tend to agree with him, We do have a top 15 roster. Terrible qb, but rest I would say top 15, look at the recruiting rankings of players recruited and tell me we don't have top 15, they are just not playing up to their potential.
No we don’t not after the attrition of the 2015 , 16 and 17 classes. It’s unreal the amount of players ( and the higher rated ones ) that are no longer on the roster for one reason or another.

VN Store

Back