Fulmer versus Alabama

As a player (1968, '69, '70, and '71 seasons) - 3 wins and 1 loss.
As a Head Coach - 11 wins and 5 losses.
As the Athletic Director - TBD
When Fulmer hired Pruitt, I told my wife my only concern is that he's a Bama guy. My wife had a great response. She said that as much as the knuckle-draggers hate Fulmer now, think how bad they'll hate him if Fulmer turns the tables on Bama with one of their own. Hopefully about 5 years from now, Pruitt is 3-2 versus tree-killers/tea-baggers.

If Fulmer is the AD when Alabama comes knocking then I think Pruitt will stay. If Fulmer is gone then Pruitt will leave. We need to hope that Fulmer lasts as AD longer than Saban does as coach.

Reactions: GRN1926
If Fulmer is the AD when Alabama comes knocking then I think Pruitt will stay. If Fulmer is gone then Pruitt will leave. We need to hope that Fulmer lasts as AD longer than Saban does as coach.

If Bammer so much as farts in Pruitt's direction, he gone. That's as valid 20 years from now as it is today.

As a player (1968, '69, '70, and '71 seasons) - 3 wins and 1 loss.
As a Head Coach - 11 wins and 5 losses.
As the Athletic Director - TBD
When Fulmer hired Pruitt, I told my wife my only concern is that he's a Bama guy. My wife had a great response. She said that as much as the knuckle-draggers hate Fulmer now, think how bad they'll hate him if Fulmer turns the tables on Bama with one of their own. Hopefully about 5 years from now, Pruitt is 3-2 versus tree-killers/tea-baggers.

Pruitt would be crazy to follow Saban at Alabama. He has a chance to be Tennessee's version of that. I think he'd say no for the same reason that Bama grad Dabo Swinney (probably their first call) would say no...if he has it rolling enough at Tennessee to get a call from Bama, he'll have something they can't offer him...god-like status at a blueblood program without being in the shadow of another.

Pruitt was born in Bammer.
Played football for Bammer.
Coached for Bammer.
The pinnacle of his career is in Tuscaloosa, just like mine would be in Knoxville.

Yea, Battle won the first and then lost the next 5-6 games in the series. Interesting, when we won in 1970 for our fourth straight win over the Tide, it tied the series at 24 wins each with several ties. Be nice if Pruitt could do what Battle did......in reverse, lose the first and win the next 5-6.
Or just win the next 5-6 starting Saturday.... I'm not greedy I'll just start this year instead of next aight.....

Hearing that Phil already has evidence again. Bammer headed back on probation, vacating pervious years, etc. The usual stuff...

Vols' Fulmer Told NCAA About Alabama Violations

LOL! I'm in that state a lot. I hear those people refer to this fake news (I know WaPo, can u imagine it!?! :) ) all the time still when Phil comes up. It's hilarious.

Caught a radio show in Hoover/Bham @ 6-7 years ago where one of the sports shows was interviewing the actual investigator from the case, in the Albert Means and Bammer probation investigation. Quite interesting.

But, the best part was when the investigator started laughing and making fun of people (the entire Bammer fanbase basically) who bought into the "Fulmer tried to take down the program" narrative. He was like "guys, there was nothing, nada, zero evidence or even any actual interest in Fulmer whatsoever". He said it was swirling like crazy in the media, those lawyers, and those fans ... unfortunately Phil was not even considered a part of it on from the inside at all. It was a complete hoax! He and the host were just marveling at the complete smoke screen of it all. LOL!!!

Coach Bill Battle was a Bama guy and beat Bear Bryant and the Crimson Tide on his very first try as the head coach of the Vols in 1970 at Neyland Stadium 24-0.

Man. If Dickey had stayed they probably would have fired Bear, he was on the hot seat and Dickey has us rolling. Would have re written SEC history potentially

That's a good record but he only beat 1 Bama team that won more than 8 games.

Bama was consistently recruiting in the top 5-10 during the 90's. Their teams weren't exactly crap. Our dominance also hindered their success. Tee was from Alabama, Swain, etc. We havent been getting those players recently

Let's hope Fulmer has the last say in who his replacement as AD is. Can't afford another Hammy or Haslam puppet

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Pruitt would be crazy to follow Saban at Alabama. He has a chance to be Tennessee's version of that. I think he'd say no for the same reason that Bama grad Dabo Swinney (probably their first call) would say no...if he has it rolling enough at Tennessee to get a call from Bama, he'll have something they can't offer him...god-like status at a blueblood program without being in the shadow of another.
Anyone who follows Saban is a fool. You don’t win a natty the first 2 years and your done. They have gotten so spoiled the last decade.

I may be wrong Less may of been the coach the Monday night game after the Hurricane. Its early first cup of coffee. Fishing Captiva pass this morning.

The way CPF recruited he would done Aight. 1 and 1 at death valley against Saban.

Fulmer’s recruiting took a huge hit when Richt, Saban, and Meyer arrived. His 2008 class was a joke.

Also, Fulmer never beat Saban in Death Valley. He lost to Saban’s first LSU team down there in 2000, beat them in Knoxville in 2001, then lost in the SECCG to them that same year. So he was 1-2 against Saban in Saban’s first 2 years rebuilding LSU.

Reactions: rgvol
Fulmer’s recruiting took a huge hit when Richt, Saban, and Meyer arrived. His 2008 class was a joke.

Also, Fulmer never beat Saban in Death Valley. He lost to Saban’s first LSU team down there in 2000, beat them in Knoxville in 2001, then lost in the SECCG to them that same year. So he was 1-2 against Saban in Saban’s first 2 years rebuilding LSU.
I was at the 2000 overtime game. Great game

Pruitt was born in Bammer.
Played football for Bammer.
Coached for Bammer.
The pinnacle of his career is in Tuscaloosa, just like mine would be in Knoxville.

Dabo Swinney was born and raised in Alabama, played football for Alabama, and coached for Alabama. Think he’d take the job?

How would Fulmer have done against Saban?

He got his a$$ handed to him twice, 41-17 and 29-9 just as Saban was getting cranked up at Bama.

Saban and Meyer had as much as anything with putting Fulmer out to pasture. Proved he was past his expiration date as a coach IMO.

Not sure I am ready to start lighting bonfires signalling a return to the glory days after a win against a flawed Auburn team.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
That's a good record but he only beat 1 Bama team that won more than 8 games.

That's not correct. I haven't looked it up, but the 95 Bama team won 9, the 96 Bama team, I think won 10. The 99 team was SEC champions. One or two of Shula's and Fran's teams won 9. And it's not like Bama beaten any great Tennessee teams in this current streak.

Reactions: GRN1926
Man. If Dickey had stayed they probably would have fired Bear, he was on the hot seat and Dickey has us rolling. Would have re written SEC history potentially

Yes, if only Dickey had stayed at UT. Another "if," what if, instead of hiring a 28 years old Bama grad (Battle), we had hired Johnny Majors away from Iowa State? Majors probably would have kept Dickey's momentum going.

VN Store

Back