'24 GA EDGE Kameryn Fountain (USC commit)

She’s defending her son and their choice to prioritize academics and this board is calling her a lunatic….. The lunatic is the fan or fans who lash out at a teenager for not choosing their school.
I agree that the dude in Twitter was way out of line. I'm just disputing that we ignored academics with him.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Maybe that’s why she wants more for her son. You obviously judge someone from their upbringing when you don’t know what it’s like. She wants more for him than she got. Get a grip.

No. I'm responding to her attacks on UT.

There is nothing wrong with her wanting her son to get the most from his education, but attacking UT as some substandard school is rude and unnecessary.

No idea what the hell is in this thread. If anybody thinks this kid is attending USC for an education,.Damn.......
USC couldn't tackle a water cooler last year. They are desperate for D players. Benjamins............

Reactions: memtownvol
She’s defending her son and their choice to prioritize academics and this board is calling her a lunatic….. The lunatic is the fan or fans who lash out at a teenager for not choosing their school.
The original tweet the vol fan sent was tame. Nobody lashed out.

That is exactly why sports are so amazing. A kid from the projects can rise above all the people in his neighborhood and get an elite education. That would never be possible but now it is. You don’t know what he is possible of. There’s more willpower in kids from the hood than kids born with money.

You do know there is a nearly inexhaustible supply of scholarships and grants for underprivileged kids, right? And universities significantly skew entrance requirements by race to ensure that they have a better chance of getting in?

Meanwhile all those slacker rich kids sitting on their lazy a$$e$ to become doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

You've watched way too many Disney movies.

No. I'm responding to her attacks on UT.

There is nothing wrong with her wanting her son to get the most from his education, but attacking UT as some substandard school is rude and unnecessary.
No you were responding to the way she types sentences. You’re pretty ignorant but you do you and live on your on your high horse

Last edited:
You do know there is a nearly inexhaustible supply of scholarships and grants for underprivileged kids, right? And universities significantly skew entrance requirements by race to ensure that they have a better chance of getting in?

Meanwhile all those slacker rich kids sitting on their lazy a$$e$ to become doctors, lawyers, and engineers.

You've watched way too many Disney movies.
Lmao 👍

It sounds like USCw saw an opportunity to do some negative recruiting and it worked. If so and the part about posts on social media are true then UT may have dodged a bullet with a guy and family who were not mature enough to deal with real world pressures.

OTOH, recruit guys well and in a couple of years when some of them hit the portal they will remember who was genuine and candid. I think it is likely this family is making a mistake but it is theirs to make.

Academically, USC is a private and very expensive school. Many of its graduates go to work in CA where wages and costs of living are greatly inflated. At the top end, they likely produce more elite types of graduates. If this kid is that smart then he made a good decision... if not then he may find the academic pace too stressing while playing football.
If you think a USC football player has to do the same type of “academic” work as a regular student, you are sorely mistaken. I am friends with some former players from there. Just like anything else, they make it really easy for the athletes.

If you think a USC football player has to do the same type of “academic” work as a regular student, you are sorely mistaken. I am friends with some former players from there. Just like anything else, they make it really easy for the athletes.

Which confirms that it really has nothing to do with the quality of education.

And it's fine. They should go exactly where they want. They owe UT nothing. But that still doesn't justify talking trash about UT.

Last edited:
No you were responding to the way she types sentences. You’re pretty ignorant but you do you and live on your on your high horse

Just a little background on me and my high horse: I lived in Jackson, MS in the period of forced desegregation. I attended predominantly black intercity schools during elementary and junior high. I know first hand what a "hood" education looks like. After my father kicked me out of the house, I ended up enlisting in the Army because it beat living at the city mission. After the Army I was able to get an engineering degree and eventually start a successful business. Yeah, I'm ignorant.

I know former UT/Notre Dame players that had the same treatment. It’s all individual based. If someone prioritizes education they won’t take the easy road. That is an individual case.

Just a little background on me and my high horse: I lived in Jackson, MS in the period of forced desegregation. I attended predominantly black intercity schools during elementary and junior high. I know first hand what a "hood" education looks like. After my father kicked me out of the house, I ended up enlisting in the Army because it beat living at the city mission. After the Army I was able to get an engineering degree and eventually start a successful business. Yeah, I'm ignorant.
Edit nvm I’m not trying to garbage up a kids thread.

I didn’t even see these. She called Tennessee a “bottom of the barrel ass school?”

Yeah, I wouldn’t bother talking to that family anymore. Best of luck.

I get why she has a different last name than her son. Interpret that how you want.

Yikes. I understand defending your kid, but doing it online against random twitter accounts and with poor grammar isn’t the best look. Maybe we just move on from this kid now.

Yeah, definitely above board NIL and below board boosters got him based on her tweets--- her saying she kept asking about academic and we couldn't tell her... SMH, that's the first thing we lay out to recruits... apparently we didn't tell her enough money.

Ya'll see that video on Insta from the big GA transfer to USC walking through his million dollar apartment with balcony overlooking L.A.?

Reactions: Big Orange#1
Haven't really kept up with this thread. See he committed to usc and thought scar. Come in here and everyone's talking about how their education is better. Thought I was in bizarro world. Kept thinking the gas pumpers?

Haven't really kept up with this thread. See he committed to usc and thought scar. Come in here and everyone's talking about how their education is better. Thought I was in bizarro world. Kept thinking the gas pumpers?
Who's that in your avi?

Per Matt Ray on todays pod - Kam fountain says he isn’t going to take any more visits. The staff is still going to pursue here and hopes to get him back up.
So his commitment was so sudden it surprised the USC staff and he had told our staff he was coming here. And now he's completely shutting it down?
Definitely nothing to see here, folks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Govolsman98

VN Store

Back