'24 GA LB Jordan Burns (Tennessee)

The Cedric Tillman two star kind of poster though.
Not quite, but you just invalidated your gripe.

Tillman had 4 offers from UNLV, Weber State, Hawaii, and Tennessee. So to act like you're acting over Burns picking the Vols over Arky and Vandy (ignoring dozens of other P5 offers) is dumb.

The kid wants to be a Vol. Who the hell cares as long as he balls out.

Tillman had 4 offers from UNLV, Weber State, Hawaii, and Tennessee. So to act like you're acting over Burns picking the Vols over Arky and Vandy (ignoring dozens of other P5 offers) is dumb.

The kid wants to be a Vol. Who the hell cares as long as he balls out.
And... it sounds like he's a talented player.

Yeah. It can be kind of inconvenient when I run across idiots in life... but I've learned to get past them.... and to toy with them... and mock them... and draw them out to look as foolish as they are.

When I run across posters I think are idiots, I just put them on ignore or scroll by. I get your schtick is you like to get in long winded, multi paragraph arguments with posters - but one day you’ll realize it’s a waste of time and the mocking/toying with them that you think you’re doing, you’re really not.

Burns might be a great player. Probably just going to be a role player at best though. Which is fine because teams need those. We all want the players that we the best teams are seeking. It’s why we’re up excited about hopefully getting Matthews and Wingo and Nwarneri and Franklin etc. So if I want to make a snarky comment about landing a kid who says Arkansas and Vandy and us were his top 3, I will. If that upsets you, then that sucks I guess.

I wonder why he won't answer this question?

What question?

Reactions: UTvol1fn

Exceptions don’t invalidate arguments. Or at least, you’d be foolish to rely on them.

But I digress…. Maybe when I act like a two star poster, I’m the kind of two star poster with Vandy in my top 3 and I really want to be a Vol!

Fair?

When I run across posters I think are idiots, I just put them on ignore or scroll by. I get your schtick is you like to get in long winded, multi paragraph arguments with posters - but one day you’ll realize it’s a waste of time and the mocking/toying with them that you think you’re doing, you’re really not.
Coming from you... thanks for the affirmation. But contrary to what you think because you are who you are... I do this for fun. If I stop having fun then I'll stop doing it.

Burns might be a great player. Probably just going to be a role player at best though. Which is fine because teams need those. We all want the players that we the best teams are seeking. It’s why we’re up excited about hopefully getting Matthews and Wingo and Nwarneri and Franklin etc. So if I want to make a snarky comment about landing a kid who says Arkansas and Vandy and us were his top 3, I will. If that upsets you, then that sucks I guess.
Well, no. Some of us want players with the talent to win. We don't care who is or is not pursuing them. We recognize that although they're great Saban, Day, and Kirby don't find or pursue all of the best players. The recruiting sites don't by a long shot.

It is fine to have affirmation from other programs that a kid UT is pursuing looks like a good player. But the bottom line isn't recruiting rankings or any of that. It is building a roster that can win games.

I'm old enough to be jaded on the kind of "logic" your offering. I can remember the sigh of relief when UT fought off ND to sign Chris Donald... who was supposed to be a generational talent at LB. Wasn't everyone "giddy" when UT signed Maleik Gray who was offered and pursued by top programs? Surely we all remember Jason Carr, right? Visited Bama on January 18th before signing with UT. None of those guys were good players in spite of high ratings and being pursued by top recruiting programs.

So when guys who will lose their jobs if they're wrong take a guy when they have other (often higher rated) options... some of us wish for the best knowing that there are going to be hits and misses. We don't mock the offer or the commit... like you did.

Personally I think the staff has earned some trust that they know talent considering what they've done without talent. If they fail... it won't be hard to see.

What question?
The one I responded to that you had not answered.

Yeah thanks for typing all that but if I wanted to read a book I’d go to the library. I bet you really owned me though. Good job buddy!

As to the question, it must be a question from someone I have on ignore.

Not gonna lie, and this may be the NegaVol coming out in me, but I hope we aren’t trying to string together several commits to keep up with Florida this last week. Probably wrong, this one just felt a little forced. Like we called and said “hey, we are ready to take you, are you in?” and he jumped at the chance.

Not gonna lie, and this may be the NegaVol coming out in me, but I hope we aren’t trying to string together several commits to keep up with Florida this last week. Probably wrong, this one just felt a little forced. Like we called and said “hey, we are ready to take you, are you in?” and he jumped at the chance.

Did Heupel and the staff tell you this?

Reactions: VflPT22 and SoilVol
BOOM! I thought a gif of @Weezer dancing was an appropriate boom gif.

old-man-dancing-sexy-shorts-tucked-in-8jay5sl9n7gliqbe.gif

Did Heupel and the staff tell you this?
I didn’t say that did. Didn’t even mean to insinuate that. I think he is a solid kid. Just feels kind of out of nowhere and it felt like he was down the list a bit with us after Cole, Spillman, and Singleton. That’s all I’m saying.

Wow.

Please tell me you are joking.

Reactions: VflPT22

Right now @sjt18 is typing away furiously at a 1k word response where he’s gonna smugly smirk as he thinks he’s owning you.

Have fun with that. 😂

Reactions: Lloyd_Christmas

VN Store

Back