'21 GA OL Terrence Ferguson

Smart is a fraud and you know it.

Might be but the guy can recruit. That’s showing zero signs of slowing down. Yeah he is underachieving but recruits don’t seem to care. Bagmen or not, Smart is an ace re recruiter. While I think Pruitt is a better HC, Smart is no slouch.

It looks like Bama will get Ferguson, a top 50 overall player according to 247, and now the Brockermeyers are announcing tomorrow and it looks like they will get them too. That's 2 5 star level tackles and a high 4 star guard along with the other Brockemeyer brother. It looks like the streak will never end.

Reactions: BackwoodsMan
Might be but the guy can recruit. That’s showing zero signs of slowing down. Yeah he is underachieving but recruits don’t seem to care. Bagmen or not, Smart is an ace re recruiter. While I think Pruitt is a better HC, Smart is no slouch.

Zero signs of slowing down? They’re sucking hind tit rignt now and missing on two top instate guys.

It looks like Bama will get Ferguson, a top 50 overall player according to 247, and now the Brockermeyers are announcing tomorrow and it looks like they will get them too. That's 2 5 star level tackles and a high 4 star guard along with the other Brockemeyer brother. It looks like the streak will never end.
Then it’s us and Georgia for Mims.

Smart's not a good coach, but he is a good recruiter. Pruitt is a better coach, no doubt about it.
Kirby is a defensive guy and his defenses have been excellent. He was/is a very good position/coordinator.

Like Pruitt, time will tell how he adjusts and micromanages (or lack thereof) the offense. That will end up being the difference between them imo. The days of defensive guys trying to win championships with ball control and limiting risk are over imo. Top offenses are just scoring too much and beating even the best defenses (see: LSU vs UGA).

Chaney is pretty good and needs NO oversight, so I think we are ahead of Smart on that front. That said, Smart finally made a good OC hire...but an nfl guy. Doubt he sticks more than 2 years anyway. Bigger question, can KS let go? He sure couldn't while Fields was there.

Yep. I still think they will land Mims as well. The greatest CF dynasty just keeps rolling on I guess.

It will roll off the tracks eventually. A month ago they were 47th in recruiting and after last season it looked like it may be the start of the end. A lot can change in a month.

Smart's not a good coach, but he is a good recruiter. Pruitt is a better coach, no doubt about it.

Sorry but this is just flat out wrong. Who was the last HC to win 3 straight SECE titles? Richt? Meyer? Fulmer? It was Spurrier. Was he a good HC? Yes he was. TN fans need to get over it. Has Smart underachieved? Yes. But would any TN fan complain if in Pruitts first 4 years he went 44-12, 25-7 in conference, 3 straight SECE titles, 1 SEC title, 3-1 in bowl games. Oh and then there is the shoestring loss to Bama in the NC game.

Yeah tell me how ANY TN would not be thrilled beyond belief with that. I think Pruitt is better but saying Smart is not a good HC makes you look dumb. Because the stats completely disagree.

It will roll off the tracks eventually. A month ago they were 47th in recruiting and after last season it looked like it may be the start of the end. A lot can change in a month.

Bama will land a top 5 class. Why? Saban is still there. Every year we hear people say oh man they have to replace so much they are on the decline. And year after year they are either winning the NC or seriously competing for it.

VN Store

Back