Gainesville Updates: (Requesting)

Sunday is out for CBS because of the NFL. Monday, not sure.

I don't see why CBS couldn't pick up a different game on Saturday and putting Vols-Gators on SEC Network on Monday night.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Tennessee would agree to another Monday night game (with another Saturday game following it). Put the stress on the lads once, okay. Do it twice, that's getting downright mean.

No, I think the date is set. Time can shift, depending on the needs of the venue. And venue can shift, even as far as Charlotte as was mentioned early in this thread.

But I still think Gainesville remains the most likely option.

Game will likely be at Neyland - they arent changing the day or time -- maybe someday they will start and schedule the UF games in late Oct or Nov.

I would say about a 2% chance this played at Neyland. If the game was gonna be cancelled or rescheduled we would've heard about it by now. UCF cancelled their game against GT on Saturday this afternoon. The hold out means the SEC and both schools are doing everything possible to play in Gainesville.

Reactions: 2 people
My buddies TV seems to know we're playing at the Georgia Dome hrmmmm

Attachments

• IMG_19621.jpg
    IMG_19621.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 16
My buddies TV seems to know we're playing at the Georgia Dome hrmmmm
attachment.php

Wow. That seems to be a card revealed earlier than perhaps it should have been?

Or an over-eager assistant producer at the network, anticipating something that's not yet actually decided?

Could be either.

Wow. That seems to be a card revealed earlier than perhaps it should have been?

Or an over-eager assistant producer at the network, anticipating something that's not yet actually decided?

Could be either.

There is a Georgia dome that sits vacant to Mercedes benz stadium. Why on earth would they play in the Georgia dome over MBS?

Reactions: 2 people
There is a Georgia dome that sits vacant to Mercedes benz stadium. Why on earth would they play in the Georgia dome over MBS?

Read somewhere on the forum that Atlanta's MLS team plays at MBS that day...but obviously I'm not putting any stock into anything that hasn't been announced

Demolition of the Georgia Dome has already begun. From the outside you can see that windows have been removed and there is a mini excavator on the roof taking pieces out of the concrete structure along the perimeter of the roof. Internally much more has been done including removal of the turf and seats, disconnectio of utilities, and demolition of walls and the concrete structure in the lower portions of the seating area.

I have a buddy that lives in Gainsville and he said the damage isnt that bad. He said he fully expects the game to be played on Saturday.

The decision to move will be more about having the resources available to deal with the game. The reason they postponed the LSU game was about resources not about hurricane damage. This time the damage is state wide.

With the damage in that state, power outage, no gas, et al I would expect this one to move to another location.

I have a buddy that lives in Gainsville and he said the damage isnt that bad. He said he fully expects the game to be played on Saturday.

CBJ said he fully expects it to be played in Gainsville. Sort of surprised he made that statement this early. Hope he's got good info!

As metal parts fly off buildings in down town Atlanta as I type this, some still talking about playing the game in downtown Atlanta.

Y'all better start thinking about Knoxville or Birmingham if not Gainesville. Atlanta and Georgia in general is a mess. Tropical storm winds in cities that aren't built for it are often worse than hurricane winds in cities that are built for it.

Reactions: 1 person
The decision to move will be more about having the resources available to deal with the game. The reason they postponed the LSU game was about resources not about hurricane damage. This time the damage is state wide.

With the damage in that state, power outage, no gas, et al I would expect this one to move to another location.

Yep - it takes close to a thousand employees to put on a game . Security, parking staff, concessions, stadium staff, etc. I'm willing to bet quite a few of the regular stadium employees have bigger things to worry about right now than working a UF football game. Their families and their homes take priority.

Plus, need fully functioning utilities like water, sewer and electric. Not sure on the status of those.

Can't have 80,000+ people for a game and not have the personnel in place to support it, or bathrooms that that don't flush.

CBJ said he fully expects it to be played in Gainsville. Sort of surprised he made that statement this early. Hope he's got good info!

No, he said he anticipates it being played there, but that those negotiations are being handled on Tennessee's side by AD John Currie. He wasn't confirming a location.

VN Store

Back