Gainesville Weather Forecast

Their QBs couldn't play in a controlled environment against Michigan I doubt they learn to play in rain against the Vols.

Just hope for no lightening. Game will be delayed.

Crazy Legs will be unstoppable in the slop. He's hard enough to bring down on a field with good footing.

3149794_o.gif

Reactions: 1 person
It's Florida weather. Forecast could go to a 10% chance of rain tomorrow. I'll be in Gainesville supporting the big orange.

We need to score fast and score lots...a lightning delay could result in a called game depending on the circumstances!

Reactions: 1 person
A student majoring in that field at UAH once told my son, "we can only give an accurate weather forecast for 48 hours out."

General rule of thumb seems to be:

More than five days out is completely and utterly useless. Like, you shouldn't even be looking. If you have to make a weather-based decision this far out, for some reason, just assume average weather for that time of year.

Three to five days out can give you a decent general idea, but there could be significant changes in timing and whatnot.

Like you said, within 48 hours is generally pretty good unless something weird and unpredictable is happening.

Well if there is lightning they will push it back until it stops. From that forecast it looks like the storm will stop around kickoff or shortly thereafter. As long as it's not storming during the game we will be fine. If it's storming during the game it's always going to be a toss up because there will inevitably be like 6 fumbles for each team and it will be a slop fest.

WC is not a good source -- NOAA is better

Hold on.

It's September, the last weeks of summer. In Florida.

Isn't there ALWAYS a 50% chance of afternoon thunderstorms?

There was when I lived there. I doubt anything has changed.

We've been playing in the Swamp every odd year for a couple of decades now. I don't think this is unexpected.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back