Game Plan vs A&M

Come out in 5 wide with a RB spread as WR. Throw screens as your running game. A few QB draws by Milton. Some jet sweeps to Squirrel. Then air it out to Keyton or Webb. Get equal touches for Wright and Sampson.

On defense, stop running game. Make Max Johnson beat you with his arm. Force field goals.

What you got?
No way we’re going to play without tight ends for any significant number of snaps.

Bama couldn't run and still threw on them and won. I'd stay make sure the run game is at least decent and don't miss the big plays when they're there.
Max Johnson might be able to beat Tenn but not if the front harasses him like Bama did. The dude held the ball too long.

Bama couldn't run and still threw on them and won. I'd stay make sure the run game is at least decent and don't miss the big plays when they're there.
Max Johnson might be able to beat Tenn but not if the front harasses him like Bama did. The dude held the ball too long.
I agree. aTm is better on the lines. We'll struggle to run consistently against them. It's going to come down to Milton's play. He has to make throws down the field. If we have to depend on WR screens and slants, it's gonna be a rough road on Saturday.

Come out in 5 wide with a RB spread as WR. Throw screens as your running game. A few QB draws by Milton. Some jet sweeps to Squirrel. Then air it out to Keyton or Webb. Get equal touches for Wright and Sampson.

On defense, stop running game. Make Max Johnson beat you with his arm. Force field goals.

What you got?
I suspect both teams will try to do the same thing on D. Take away the run and make the QB beat them. A&M will press up on those screens knowing how dependent UT has been on them. UT should do something fairly similar.

IMO, this game is the fork in the road for the team and Milton. Milton has to hit shots in the mid and long game. If they can play up on the LOS to stop the run and screens then it won't go well for the Vols.

The caveat to UT's plan is that they need to hit Johnson... A LOT. Both teams are very good at pressuring the passer but so far UT has been a little better protecting the passer. A&M can't get time for their deep game.

He held the ball too long because Bama was good in coverage. Can we be sound in the back end, make him hesitate, and maybe get a pick or create confusion to get sacks?
This is a big ball game for our play callers -offense and defense.

What you got?
and how many 3 and outs before the throws to Keyten etc.

Bubble screens pull defenders to the edges and create favorable running lanes.
I think we can run against them if we execute on the field stretching screens. If they still stuff the middle, screen them to death.
I do NOT love the outside screens, but they are a means to an end. I don't get the exclusion of Smalls form our rushing wishcasting.
He is consistent and his small frame is difficult for defenders to spot until he hits the line. He exploits a hole as well as Wright or Sampson. He is a big asset and will be missed next season.

Not even Bama was able to run on A&M. Tennessee native Walter Nolen has been dominant. Wish he would come home to finish college career.
Guys, we may struggle a bit to run against this front, but Alabama ranks 10th in the conference in rushing. They aren’t running the ball well against anyone.

Running on AtM will be tough. They have the best DLine we've faced to date.
That said, we need to play our game and not get away from the run to trust completely on Joe. That will open up some short and crossing routes where we can really cook them.

On D it's all.abiut sticking with what's been working. 4 man pressure to the QB to.disrupt and force mistakes.

Game plan is Heupel will have a pretty lady meet Petrino before the game and tell him where she is sitting. She will wink ,smile, wave and blow kisses at him during the game.

Can we have our Volleyball team dress out and sit right behind the ATM bench with motorcycle helmets?

What you got?
My game plan is win! Hmmm. Hard to beat that. As it appears the dead horse has been ridden enough. Basicaly all dialed in in unison on the whats to do.....

Honestly, idk how the culture is at A&M. If we get up on them early they might throw in the towel

I think this is possible, that program has had a lot of negative noise recently. I hope we jump to an early lead and put this theory to the test.

VN Store

Back