Game Thread: #23/RV LADY VOLS VS. STETSON

Jazz’s shot needs to be completely overhauled. Way too much motion in her shooting form and she fades away from everything. She’s becoming a talented passer and a much better defender but she’s got to be at least a little bit of an offensive weapon. Her FT shooting is still subpar.

A decent half. Not stunning, but solid. I little slow on offense early, bailed out by threes, then hit a lull early in Q2. Thought the defense looked pretty good. Liked those blocks.

Looked sluggish the first half. Key was pushed all over the court and never really did anything much. Mazz will kill us in big games with her lack of offensive skills. Inside game nonexistent for the most part. We just out athleteed them. I was really looking for Burrell to show out this year but still very helter-skelter. Rennie hit a shot so she needs to fog it up rather than pass it out I think. Better second half maybe!

Looked sluggish the first half. Key was pushed all over the court and never really did anything much. Mazz will kill us in big games with her lack of offensive skills. Inside game nonexistent for the most part. We just out athleteed them. I was really looking for Burrell to show out this year but still very helter-skelter. Rennie hit a shot so she needs to fog it up rather than pass it out I think. Better second half maybe!

IMO she was fouled a lot. They’re letting the Stetson players shove in the paint. Not getting calls because we’re 8” taller which shouldn’t matter.

I have my fingers crossed that Jazmine’ shooting will come along once the staff switches gears on her and MAKE it a priority. Right now it seems apparent that Kellie wants Jaz to worry only about handling the ball and defense. I will be a little worried, though, if she hasn’t started taking and making a few shots per game before SEC play begins.

I really like her. I see her continuing to grow and mature under Harper. I think she will become a player they can really depend on in years to come.

Reactions: lvocd

VN Store

Back