Game Thread: #5 Tennessee (19-11, 10-6 SEC) vs #1 South Carolina (30-0, 16-0 SEC) Saturday 3/9/24 ~4:30 pm ET (ESPNU)

That had to be the stupidest coaching mistake in the history of Tennessee Lady Vols basketball. We missed our foul shots which wasn't Kellie's fault but to let them toss that ball in to that shooter with 1.1 secs and have a time out left....ugh. Loses to both Men and Women today. Rough Saturday for Vol fans. Good news? We can come back in the NCAAs.

The guys, sure.

The women? I don't know. I don't know that they'll get another chance as big as this one this year. To upset #1? That was their shot. And they missed.

The only thing which can win it is a three and we are all packed in the paint with three point shooters left open all around the perimeter. Didn't even try to deny the inbounds.

Just classic.

Heartbreaking for the girls that they lose on a bank shot three. They deserve better after fighting back like that.

That's the absolute worst coaching I've seen this year.

Wrong. We put Key in the paint for a reason--so they couldn't throw it in the paint and get an 12 footer. That was actually very sound strategy.
That said, somebody should have run out to her when it was obvious the ball was going to her. But Powell cost us this game--not that play.

Have no clue why the inbounder was left with a clear view to make whatever pass she wants. Unbelievable. But LV’s season in a nutshell. Crazy

VN Store

Back