Game Thread Lady Vols at Alabama

Church Hill, TN? Outside of Kingsport? My God, you should have stopped to say hello to my cousin Patty.

My wife is from Kingsport and I used to drive to Kingsport on RTE 11 all the time when I was dating her ..... Church Hill is a fabulous town .Course in 1960 ,I -81 was not completed and the only route from Knoxville to Kingsport was RTE :hi:11.

So,,, You're saying, they will against ALA "On her watch"?

Regroup??? losing Graves, Moore and Jones... NO recruits.... How do you regroup if you don't have a group

We can't regroup unless a miracle takes place. I think that this team is far past being regrouped by Holly. I wish it were different, but Holly has basically created a program with only some upsides and that is only on paper. If the LV's beat Alabama tonight, Holly will view it as a regrouping, a sane person will look at the win as a game we should win. At this point Holly is a defeated head coach with players that are not motivated. If Holly wants to save face she would resign, however, I do not see that in her future, even if the LV's lose the next three games. At this point she and her supporters are terminally delusional.

Reactions: 1 person
Hope gub'mint mule picked up a jar of shine on his way through Church Hill.

Might come in handy for the GA game.:furious3:

My wife is from Kingsport and I used to drive to Kingsport on RTE 11 all the time when I was dating her ..... Church Hill is a fabulous town .Course in 1960 ,I -81 was not completed and the only route from Knoxville to Kingsport was RTE :hi:11.

Bloody 11W it was called.

A loss tonight to a bad Bama team and it's curtains for HW and her staff.

If they lose to Alabama, I don't know if it will be from the team genuinely playing horribly or the players wanting to lose and thinking this will finally get rid of Holly. This should be an easy win, but well, you know how that goes with this team.

Among her other eye-poking decisions, perhaps Warlick should ask herself why she keeps giving big minutes to the worst shooter on the team, Cooper, and virtually no minutes to the play with the best shooting percentage on the team, Dunbar, on a team that is losing because it can't shoot and can't score. I'm not suggesting that Dunbar is the magic fix for the team--but has she played more than 10 minutes in any game this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Just as I have posted before several games this year ( the last was LSU ),if Bama plays a zone it will be a close game or a loss especially if two low posts are played ( double post low ).The only chance they have is to play their shooters and turn them loose to shoot whenever they are open disdain throwing it around or dribbling around the perimeter and either forcing a pass into the zone resulting in a turnover or the shot clock runs down and take a frantic shot before the clock runs out.

Just as I have posted before several games this year ( the last was LSU ),if Bama plays a zone it will be a close game or a loss especially if two low posts are played ( double post low ).The only chance they have is to play their shooters and turn them loose to shoot whenever they are open disdain throwing it around or dribbling around the perimeter and either forcing a pass into the zone resulting in a turnover or the shot clock runs down and take a frantic shot before the clock runs out.

Our bigs simply aren't good scorers, they are not getting any room against packed in zones, and so we need to stop wasting the shot clock dribbling around outside hoping that Graves or Russell will get open, and then throwing to the ball to the other team trying to get it to one of them. A failed strategy. Take one of them out, change the offense, spread the floor, set picks--and when somebody is open, shoot the ball and don't fret about it--be confident about it. Play uptempo as much as we can. Use our athleticism. Play Dunbar--and let her shoot threes. We HAVE to make more threes; you can't beat anybody decent in today's game without making threes. We've been playing badly--and very stupid.

Our bigs simply aren't good scorers, they are not getting any room against packed in zones, and so we need to stop wasting the shot clock dribbling around outside hoping that Graves or Russell will get open, and then throwing to the ball to the other team trying to get it to one of them. A failed strategy. Take one of them out, change the offense, spread the floor, set picks--and when somebody is open, shoot the ball and don't fret about it--be confident about it. Play uptempo as much as we can. Use our athleticism. Play Dunbar--and let her shoot threes. We HAVE to make more threes; you can't beat anybody decent in today's game without making threes. We've been playing badly--and very stupid.

Yep.

So,,, You're saying, they will against ALA "On her watch"?

Regroup??? losing Graves, Moore and Jones... NO recruits.... How do you regroup if you don't have a group

Cos you return, Cooper, Meme, Nared, Russell, Middleton, Diamond...

What's bad is we all know this, yet Holly acts clueless.

What's bad is we all know this, yet Holly acts clueless.

Clueless, the announcer says that Holly said that this has been a learning year and that she has to be a better coach. She has been a head coach for four years, and now recognizes that she has to be a better coach? Does that also mean she has figured out recruiting? I guess this means she has figured out how to substitute lineups. I wonder what bought her to that conclusion? How about being a better everything? If you can't recruit you will not have anyone to coach. I refuse to believe she knows anymore than she knew 4 years ago. This is just another poor excuse to convince fans she needs to stay for another year. Holly is looking for chemistry, can she spell the word?

VN Store

Back