Game Thread: Lady Vols at Mississippi State; Thurs Jan 18 ; 5PM ; SEC Network win 75-64

I haven't read any posts that stated that Cooper won't be a good player for the LV's. Only that she had players in front of her at SC that would limit her playing time. Anything else is in your imagination.
Speaking of cognitive bias...
Sounds like she came here for minutes…like JP went to Vandy.

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52 and glv98
Tennessee beating out Duke, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Florida State, Georgia, Virginia Tech to sign 5-star McD All-American Coop and beating out Texas A&M, Utah, and Florida State to sign early enrollee 4-star elite Top 25-35 PG KB has some NVs throwing out weak conspiracy theories that ain’t connecting.

Just know it’s scary hours coming in Fall 2024 as the LVs put the SEC on notice right now… people said the roster needed to get more “athletic” and Coach Harper, Coach Sam, Coach Joy, and the new assistant got active and is making it happen… we getting active NVs.

Tennessee beating you folks favorite teams out for recruits and transfers (beat Texas and LSU for Rickea Jackson & beat Texas and Baylor for Jewel Spear)… just say that!

Lets GBO🍊

WC, why do you feel the need to preface players names as "future WNBA star, or McDonalds All American, or 4/5 star recruits? Shall I bring up "Elite"? This discussion isn't about what they were, or what they could be, but what they are. Nothing else matters but how they play now, and that is the only thing that most of the posters care about. They are what they are, and no past accolades will help their game now. Just be realistic for a change and talk about what is really going on and not what you perceive them to be. Nobody can have a good conversation with you because you just talk like your head is in the sand. One track mind.

👆Following me around from thread to thread in their feelings.

They thought it was over for this Lady Vols team this season and now the 11 4-star/5-star roster featuring 3 former McD All-Americans and Two Team USA medalists on Rocky Top getting active!

Who they are now… is 5 players averaging double figures and 4-1 in the SEC.
TK the all-time leading blocker is back and just went elite v elite with the best C in the SEC from MISS State!

Kaiya Wynn former 4-star recruit and elite track sprinter got the former Nat’l champion assistant coach/head coach of the 8-time Nat’l Champions saying she’s legit after going athlete v athlete with MISS State big-time guards.

You didn’t want to see that Connie fan… but you ain’t seen nothing yet. You right we don’t need to have any conversations because between us there’s nothing to discuss.

Tennessee beating out Duke, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Florida State, Georgia, Virginia Tech to sign 5-star McD All-American Coop and beating out Texas A&M, Utah, and Florida State to sign early enrollee 4-star elite Top 25-35 PG KB has some NVs throwing out weak conspiracy theories that ain’t connecting.

Just know it’s scary hours coming in Fall 2024 as the LVs put the SEC on notice right now… people said the roster needed to get more “athletic” and Coach Harper, Coach Sam, Coach Joy, and the new assistant got active and is making it happen… we getting active NVs.

Tennessee beating you folks favorite teams out for recruits and transfers (beat Texas and LSU for Rickea Jackson & beat Texas and Baylor for Jewel Spear)… just say that!

Lets GBO🍊
We didn’t beat out SC. We got defaulted after the depth chart was released by SC.
I’m sure she’ll be a nice player but let’s not let facts get in the way.

👆Following me around from thread to thread in their feelings.

They thought it was over for this Lady Vols team this season and now the 11 4-star/5-star roster featuring 3 former McD All-Americans and Two Team USA medalists on Rocky Top getting active!

Who they are now… is 5 players averaging double figures and 4-1 in the SEC.
TK the all-time leading blocker is back and just went elite v elite with the best C in the SEC from MISS State!

Kaiya Wynn former 4-star recruit and elite track sprinter got the former Nat’l champion assistant coach/head coach of the 8-time Nat’l Champions saying she’s legit after going athlete v athlete with MISS State big-time guards.

You didn’t want to see that Connie fan… but you ain’t seen nothing yet. You right we don’t need to have any conversations because between us there’s nothing to discuss.
You are right, we can't have a realistic conversation because I don't talk in fantasies. I was talking about your fellow LV fans who do want to talk about the team in a logical conversation. You are a one-way street. BTW, how many of these Mcdonalds all Americans, and USA medalists, and 4/5 star recruits chose Tennessee out of high school? I'm sorry, we already talked about that.
I truly hope the girls play well here on in spite of your pressure that you generate every time you call out their past accomplishments.

Reactions: dapeak
You are right, we can't have a realistic conversation because I don't talk in fantasies. I was talking about your fellow LV fans who do want to talk about the team in a logical conversation. You are a one-way street. BTW, how many of these Mcdonalds all Americans, and USA medalists, and 4/5 star recruits chose Tennessee out of high school? I'm sorry, we already talked about that.
I truly hope the girls play well here on in spite of your pressure that you generate every time you call out their past accomplishments.
Couple of questions and I’m not really looking to be argumentative. What is your view of Geno? Do other UConn fans share your view?

secondly, does UConn have an active message board?

That post made zero sense, but was expected coming from someone who is a UCONN fan that said Tennessee should follow the blueprint of Vanderbilt on recruiting and culture building of a program only because their current head coach is a former UCONN coach.
I wonder if after the game tomorrow will you even post again for awhile?

We didn’t beat out SC. We got defaulted after the depth chart was released by SC.
I’m sure she’ll be a nice player but let’s not let facts get in the way.

You don’t decide the perameter of one team beating out another for a player.

I guess you have the depth chart in your hands. When I look at SC depth chart today I see players coming off that bench averaging 5-10 ppg.

You or nobody else knows if T.Coop had stay what her playing time situation would be today. Like I said, she had several options coming out of HS and the transfer portal. Tennessee has always been at the top of those lists!

You all try to antagonize folks endlessly that you disagree with for seeing things one way and contradict yourselves in every single post.
You are on the outside looking in. Same situation as me. So what you say is simply your ideas.

And imagine thinking a team beats out their rival for a big-time recruit based on a depth chart for a player that had offers from several major D1 schools in the ACC and SEC.
You have just loss any credibility to discuss this situation.

Lets GBO

I guess you have the depth chart in your hands. When I look at SC depth chart today I see players coming off that bench averaging 5-10 ppg.

You or nobody else knows if T.Coop had stay what her playing time situation would be today. Like I said, she had several options coming out of HS and the transfer portal. Tennessee has always been at the top of those lists!

You all try to antagonize folks endlessly that you disagree with for seeing things one way and contradict yourselves in every single post.
You are on the outside looking in. Same situation as me. So what you say is simply your ideas.

And imagine thinking a team beats out their rival for a big-time recruit based on a depth chart for a player that had offers from several major D1 schools in the ACC and SEC.

Lets GBO
I dont decide. She did when she signed her original NLI with South Carolina. So
we didnt beat anyone out.

I dont decide. She did when she signed her original NLI with South Carolina. So
we didnt beat anyone out.

You living in a box thinking signing with a team out of HS is different from signing with a team from the transfer portal.

Ask Alabama Crimson Tide fans today did they beat out Ohio State for Caleb Downs… no they didn’t. He’s gone.
Same as Coop.
And just like I said multiple players in SC starting lineup and off the bench are averaging 5-10 ppg.
You don’t have the depth chart.. and if it started the way as you and every SC fan that hasn’t been asked the question to begin with has said repeatedly then today it would and should (their depth chart) had Coop stayed look completely different.
We will never know about that theory.
In reality, she left and the Lady Vols won the recruiting battle OUT of the transfer portal = fact.

You living in a box thinking signing with a team out of HS is different from signing with a team from the transfer portal.

Ask Alabama Crimson Tide fans today did they beat out Ohio State for Caleb Downs… no they didn’t. He’s gone.
Same as Coop.
And just like I said multiple players in SC starting lineup and off the bench are averaging 5-10 ppg.
You don’t have the depth chart.. and if it started the way as you and every SC fan that hasn’t been asked the question to begin with has said repeatedly then today it would and should (their depth chart) had Coop stayed look completely different.
In reality, she left and the Lady Vols won the recruiting battle OUT of the transfer portal = fact.
Caleb Downs left because Saban retired..

He was never going back to Alabama ..

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Same as Coop.
Works both ways. Sign kids out of HS is a reflection of evaluating. Signing out of the portal is because of lack of minutes, team failure or looking to capitalize on NIL. Some default that we don’t have NIL money to compete except for 2-3 players. So it comes down to minutes or team failure. Well…we know it’s not team failure. So it seems she was looking for easy playing time. My box focuses on Tennessee.

Rickea Jackson, who has done both, said in a very thoughtful interview last year that it's very different. At least it was for her, as a player highly sought after both times.

You probably know alot more though, right?

Caleb Downs left because Saban retired..

He was never going back to Alabama ..

Doesn’t change the fact he is gone.
Rickea Jackson left MISS State because of program changes and if LSU or Texas had beat out Tennessee it wouldn’t be an asterisk by it.
Ohio State beat out every single team recruiting Caleb Downs which I’m sure Alabama attempted to give a recruiting pitch to get him to stay plain and simple.
Big name players during Coach Saban tenure left Alabama as well.
Point remains.

Tennessee has dominated the transfer portal. Jewel Spear, Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Alexus Dye, Destinee Wells, Jordan Walker, Keyen Green, Jillian Hollingshead, and Talaysia Cooper are some of the players this team has added from the portal.

I’m sure Coop was attracted by the high profile of the women’s basketball program at TN, the coach, and the multiple guards that Tennessee has had drafted in the Top 10 into the WNBA year after year. See Jewel Spear for this same reason. Another elite guard that is on Rocky Top and has completely changed the identity of this Tennessee team during SEC play.

Fans on here pushed the staff to sign any and every player from HS to the transfer portal, when some of those players get here before they even get a chance in Talaysia Cooper case they are being picked apart.

I’m willing to bet if Coop had transferred to another school this would’ve never became a topic.

But the thing is, these players are thriving on Rocky Top. I can see now all these game analysts in the upcoming season when destroy these conspiracy theories once Coop touches the court.

Reactions: Lucy

Lets GBO
IMG_1502.jpeg

Rickea Jackson left MISS State because of program change
The question you raised wasn't about why they leave, it's about why they come. And she said where you choose go as an 18 yr old with nothing but natty stars in your eyes is very different from where you go as a 21 yr old with actual experience. So according to her, and in contrast to what you said, hs and portal recruiting is viewed very differently by those being recruited.

The question you raised wasn't about why they leave, it's about why they come. And she said where you choose go as an 18 yr old with nothing but natty stars in your eyes is very different from where you go as a 21 yr old with actual experience. So according to her, and in contrast to what you said, hs and portal recruiting is viewed very differently by those being recruited.
Elite facts

Doesn’t change the fact he is gone.
Rickea Jackson left MISS State because of program changes and if LSU or Texas had beat out Tennessee it wouldn’t be an asterisk by it.
Ohio State beat out every single team recruiting Caleb Downs which I’m sure Alabama attempted to give a recruiting pitch to get him to stay plain and simple.
Big name players during Coach Saban tenure left Alabama as well.
Point remains.

Tennessee has dominated the transfer portal. Jewel Spear, Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Alexus Dye, Destinee Wells, Jordan Walker, Keyen Green, Jillian Hollingshead, and Talaysia Cooper are some of the players this team has added from the portal.

I’m sure Coop was attracted by the high profile of the women’s basketball program at TN, the coach, and the multiple guards that Tennessee has had drafted in the Top 10 into the WNBA year after year. See Jewel Spear for this same reason. Another elite guard that is on Rocky Top and has completely changed the identity of this Tennessee team during SEC play.

Fans on here pushed the staff to sign any and every player from HS to the transfer portal, when some of those players get here before they even get a chance in Talaysia Cooper case they are being picked apart.

I’m willing to bet if Coop had transferred to another school this would’ve never became a topic.

But the thing is, these players are thriving on Rocky Top. I can see now all these game analysts in the upcoming season when destroy these conspiracy theories once Coop touches the court.
OMG, don't answer the door if you see men out there wearing white coats.

VN Store

Back