Game Thread: Lady Vols host Vandy ; Sunday Jan 21, 3PM; SEC Network ;...Win 73-64

You'd be a fantastic journalist with that sensationalism - "has sent shockwaves through the SEC." No one in the SEC is scared of the Lady Vols, and that's ok. They just need to keep winning and let it take care of itself. I would also not bet that Kelli continues to give Wynn others' minutes. She's shown an unwillingness to make tough decisions when it upsets other players, even when everyone can see Wynn brings more to the table at this point of the season.

Uh, Wynn's minutes have gone up because Destiny Wells is out for the season.

No other back-up PG is walking through the door. At least try to have some connection to reality when going an anti-Kellie rant.

I would also not bet that Kelli continues to give Wynn others' minutes. She's shown an unwillingness to make tough decisions when it upsets other players, even when everyone can see Wynn brings more to the table at this point of the season.
Wynn's minutes have skyrocketed the last few games. Do you think KJH is career suicidal? Why wouldn't she go with what's working?

I think we're actually talking about the decision not to start Wynn. KJH explains this fully in her last presser, and I agree with her completely. I like Wynn coming off the bench right now also, unless a matchup specifically dictates otherwise. So what one fan sees as stubborn refusal others see as a sound decision. Last game Strip, Jill and Tess all played less than 10 mins. I'm pretty sure that was a really tough decision for her.

Last edited:
Uh, Wynn's minutes have gone up because Destiny Wells is out for the season.

No other back-up PG is walking through the door. At least try to have some connection to reality when going an anti-Kellie rant.

I really think you guys put rose colored glasses on when you watch these games. You’ve told on your girl with your own statement. Wynns minutes have gone up because of the injury to Wells, not because Kelli thinks she deserves minutes. She needs more minutes but she won’t sit Darby or her favorites.

Reactions: alexvol
I really think you guys put rose colored glasses on when you watch these games. You’ve told on your girl with your own statement. Wynns minutes have gone up because of the injury to Wells, not because Kelli thinks she deserves minutes. She needs more minutes but she won’t sit Darby or her favorites.

Why are you digging deeper. Tess has played 12, 15, and 8 minutes in the last 3 games. She has been taken out of the starting line-up.

The facts so clearly contradict your assertion that one has to wonder if you have followed the team this season.

Trying to figure out how you coached Justine- a Jersey girl who played for the US national team.
Shaquille Oneal is my Center
Michael Jordan is my GOAT
Pat Summittt is my best lady coach ever
ALan Alda is my role model from TV
Geno is my example of how to coach females,,,as a male
Justine Pissott is my shooter
get a life folks...it isn't rocket science

I have no proof of this, nor have I even heard it through the grapevine, but I absolutely could see Tess Darby sitting down with Kellie and saying, "Coach, I think we need more quickness on the floor, and it makes the most sense to give a lot of my minutes to a quicker player."

NOT that Kellie would need a player's suggestion/permission to make that decision, but I'm saying this because my gut tells me Tess Darby wants her team to win and get to the NCAA Tournament more than Tess Darby needs herself to be on the floor. She's a bright girl, and she has eyes, so if she thinks someone else needs to take her place if only for the slightest improvement, she will gladly accept a lesser role.

That young woman is all Lady Vol, and for her entire life.

Just to be clear then, you are using the phrase "I coached Justine" in the sense of "I watched her play".

Anyway great coaching job, with Michael and Shaq!!!

I am proud to say that I have "managed" Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, U2, and REM.

Just to be clear then, you are using the phrase "I coached Justine" in the sense of "I watched her play".

I am proud to say that I have "managed" Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, U2, and REM.
good for you,,,Not Elvis?

humor me and show me where I wrote this quote...I'll wait

good for you,,,Not Elvis?
No not Elvis, too much drama for me. Well, actually Elvis Costello, yeah. As for E.P. just between you and me, I did manage his 1968 comeback TV special and his first sun record with Blue Moon of Ky.

But Hank Williams Sr., Johnny Cash, and Dolly Parton for sure....

find it yet
"I coached Justine"
@madtownvol

still searching?
may take you a while,,,there are 10 pages with reference to me using justine in a post...i'll wait

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how you coached Justine- a Jersey girl who played for the US national team.

She was a lanky freshman competing for minutes on the floor. I feel she would have shown a lot improvement as a Lady Vol sophomore as well. Sorry she left.
We'll see tomorrow how she now plays defense, rebounds and, of course, shoots the 3 pointer.

Reactions: mcannon1
find it yet
"I coached Justine"
@madtownvol

still searching?
may take you a while,,,there are 10 pages with reference to me using justine in a post...i'll wait

Hey Perry Mason, you really got me. 10 years minimum sentence I suppose:

Justine's oneof my players and whether you or anyone else likes/respects/hates her,,,doesn't matter!
I stick by my players

That is just weirdly possessive language for a fan. It is a phrase one would expect if they had coached someone.

And you know and I know full well your response to 37620VOl:

I was not aware that you coached Justine
you had me at "I was not aware"
stop there

Gee whiz that sure would have been a great opportunity to clarify, "hey, I never said I coached Justine, I just watched her play."

But, you let the implied connotation of your prior post stand.

So, don't play the holier than thou card. You were strategically hedging to convey a false impression and were more than happy to let it stand.

A few of these are correct

View attachment 612166
"We Back Pat" game
Predictions:
Masse 73-65
Coach Jumper 95-69 (This will be our breakout game)
@chuckiepoo 81-65
@J-Dog 1313 88-63
@TnVolsX4 72-65
@mudcat1973 85-67
@VolBalls33 71-63
@brittannica 82-70
@Volfan2012 73-62
@volnationnj 72-62
@Vols2015 75-55

View attachment 612163
vs
Vanderbilt University Logo

Food City Center|Knoxville, TN
Jan 21 (Sun)
3:00 P.M. ET
SEC
Vandy Roster: Will go 7-8 deep; roster listed by "starts"
View attachment 612164
Opponents:
View attachment 612165
Significant opponents (# = net rank)
Wins: 41 Iowa St, 35 Miss St, 50 Fla, 67 Aub
Losses: 12 NC St, 69 Mizzou
Vanderbilt # 49 Tennessee #56

Dock the Lady Commodores.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Let's just say the she wasn't a good teammate...and leave it at that. 😉

She was a lanky freshman competing for minutes on the floor. I feel she would have shown a lot improvement as a Lady Vol sophomore as well. Sorry she left.
We'll see tomorrow how she now plays defense, rebounds and, of course, shoots the 3 pointer.

I think he heavily inferred he had had something to do with her but when he was asked directly if he had coached her sidestepped the question.
That’s my recollection.

Reactions: madtownvol
Vandy fans must feeling confident- they're bringing a bus to TBA tomorrow!

(Disclosure: I have Vandy WBB season tickets to get good seats to our game in Nashville and better seats than Tennessee gets at the SEC tournament)

Hoping we have a good turnout. We’ll be there even if we have to ice skate to TBA!

VN Store

Back