Game Thread Lady Vols vs Albany

Hmmmm they should drop them to 22 and predict them to finish 5th in the SEC like they did for 2011-2012 then maybe they will feel disrespected and play like a top tier team... who knows

Play and coach against Texas like the have played and coached the last three games and the high ranking will take care of itself.

Reactions: 1 person
I was at the game. I was either sitting around fellow members of this forum, or the faithful are catching on. Multiple complaints about the coach's requirement about having to pass it inside before being allowed to shoot. Also many statements regarding her confusing substitution patterns. I think there were 3 minutes left and she did not have a single shooting guard in the game. Fans are catching on.

This does not surprise me. Holly seems to be a very nice person who knows defense, but seems not to realize that this team is an offensive mess. It is very frustrating to see her on TV admitting that she is clueless. If you do not know what the problem is, either find someone to fix it or resign. If she truly loves the Lady Vols her main aim should be to fix an issue which has existed for at least the last 4 years. Also we need to quit comparing Holly to Pat, either good or bad, we must deal with the issues at hand which are headed towards being monumental. There is a cure we just need to find the right doctor.

Yawns. The only problem the offense has, is our failure to put the ball in the basket. And as soon our ladies start knocking down shots, and limit the turnovers, we're the #4 team in the country, and only played a few games.

Our ladies, are learning how to play lady vols basketball, and like Geno used to say,
"We have Diamond and you don't", so she will mask a lot offensive woes, and most the top teams or past conference champions, some of our opponent, usually defend pretty good, I like how other teams were playing to their strength, we didn't spend too mch time practicing for the zone, this is practice in a way. We will be fine, Holly will be fine. She is saying the saying things we are saying in all her interviews. She's raising the bar.

She will figure how to get them to move without the ball and get to the rim. If our guards did that our offense would be dynamic, 4 to 5 players in double figures each game. But right now, all of them aren't going hard and 4 games in 9 days would do that, and it takes time for each player to get in game shape, that takes time and games.

Some are playing not hard at all and some are playing too hard, trying to do too much. They'll figure it out, its not like those things can't get better as the season progress.

I thought each one of our opponents were solid. I think the opposing coaching was solid. I thought their teams played solid. Guard play will decide the SEC and Final 4, South Carolina guards are just like ours, this year but we have Diamond, so that's where I focus need to be, our guard play. Are they playing to their strengths?

Lady Vols are in good hands. I back Pack and roll with Holly!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back