Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Stanford

Would like to see all these shorts jumpers off the o-boards being taken hard to the rack instead. If your shot isn't falling at least get to the line and put some pressure on them. We aren't playing that bad, they're just shooting a better percentage. We aren't turning it over, and we are getting on the glass to get easy looks. Gotta knock em' in.

Reactions: T_Vol376
I'm sorry but i dont think having a long break really helps this team. Its quite the opppsite.

Down ten could be worse. 36 percent shooting Green like 1 for 10 don't know why we've made her our designated shooter. Davis a no show.

Im hoping Stanford goes cold in the second half.

gotta hope so, 60% from 3 in the first half. They shoot they're normal 40% we're up right now. All in all I don't think we had that bad of a first half. Still within 10, if we can adjust at the half I think we can make it a game. They didn't let it get all the way out of hand, and it definitely looked like we were going to for a minute.

DEC 18 (TUE) 6:02 P.M. ET (4:02 PM CT)
game is in Knoxville, TN
TV: SECN+
you can stream the game here
WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights
you can listen here
vs. Stanford
the Lady Vols are ranked 9th in the AP Top 25 poll and 8th in the Coaches poll
Stanford is ranked 8th in the AP Top 25 poll and 9th in the Coaches poll
Keys to the game: must control the boards, run them off of the 3 point line and attack them in transition. I believe we have an advantage in speed at almost every position. As always we will need to limit turnovers, Stanford generally takes good care of the basketball. I predict a game of possessions that may come down to the very last one. I take us in a close game 74-70.
Hoping governmetnmule is doing OK! I figured I would make us a game thread.

Well, Stanford's three point shooting has essentially been the difference. Maybe in the second half, the team will decide to defend them at the three point line!

Well, Stanford's three point shooting has essentially bee the difference. Maybe in the second half, the team will decide to defend them at the three point line!

When you're hot you're hot, defense was trying to be better in the second quarter, they're hitting step backs and 30 footers. Hard to guard.

Considering how well Stanford has shot from deep and how poorly Tennessee has shot, 10 points down at the half is not bad. No way Stanford continues to shoot like that from deep. They've already missed their last three. They are still right in this game.

Westbrook is playing at an All American level right now.

Figure out a defense force some turnovers. I thought Collins was playing really excellent defense while she was in wished they would've left her in there.

Reactions: Orange Maniac
Figure out a defense force some turnovers. I thought Collins was playing really excellent defense while she was in wished they would've left her in there.

We forced them into 10 in the first half and we only had 5, that is the fewest turnovers in a half that I can ever recall since Holly has been coach. Westbrook making great decisions with the ball.

Reactions: RollerVol
1st half shooting so cold I got a chill...and, of course, the opposite with the Lady Birds...well, second wind in the 2nd half...:D:D

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back