Game thread: NCAA Second Round: No. 6 Seed Lady Vols vs. No. 3 Seed NC State

I don't think most of us are ok with this. If I don't see some exceptional changes in roster and a top class of 2025 freshmen I will be even less ok.

I don't think anyone's "okay" with it, but if you don't print a 8x10 glossy photo of Harper and then piss on it and take a photo and post it to the board, people will yammer on about how you're fine with losing.

Does NCST with a 5K arena and former LV have their money up or is that just here?

and LSU and Stanford and UConn.

Did we leave anyone out?

This program is so bad (meaning we are nervous about the tournament bubble), I'd be happy with the one I dislike the most losing even if another one wins. It's too many teams to dislike now because it's very plausible this is not a Top 25 program any longer.

Reactions: Deebowbear
I agree he isn’t going to fire them but I would be glad if he did.

We’re committed to seasons that look a lot like this for as long as she’s in Knoxville.

Unless we pull another portal miracle what we have coming back is going to be ugly next season.
In your 5th yr and the product your putting out reeks. Players not getting any better, offense still not existent, and defensively we suck. Do we a sacrifice of one the assistants? Or Kellie is too bullheaded to change things.

Reactions: VolBall09
I don't think anyone's "okay" with it, but if you don't print a 8x10 glossy photo of Harper and then piss on it and take a photo and post it to the board, people will yammer on about how you're fine with losing.
Agree we need to act like adults. If our AD is bringing her back there must be a reason he feels the need to do that. We'll see what transpires this summer and from now to May 11th in the portal. The 2025 recruiting class it all has to come together or failure is coming next season even worse that this one.

Kellie is what her record against top 25 teams says she is --- a below average coach who will lose the vast majority of her games against teams with similar talent.

That is not going to change at this point in her career. Either your are happy competing for third in the SEC and going out in the first couple of rounds in the NCAA or you are not. It will be interesting to see if that is enough for AD White.

In the past we have waited until the wheels come off to make changes in most sports, which makes the rebuilding more difficult. This will be a good test of how Danny White feels about being proactive and what priority he puts on the Lady Vols.

If Kellie has to recruit like Calipari for UT to be a contender, then there is a huge problem with that.

Reactions: Voluble2
Basically have to rebuild the whole roster top to bottom. Kellie need have a serious conversation with some of these players. I know she tries to teach with love but some of them need some tough love.
I don't feel like they are coached well. I watched them standing around looking at Powell the ball hog dribble.

Good comeback, but ultimately just too many mistakes.

If e don't spot them two points in the opening seconds, it would have been really interesting at the end. Wouldn't have been forced to foul. That initial play epitomized the first half with them outhustling us all over the court.

Sad to see Rickea go out with a loss, but she played her rear off. Left her mark on LV history and almost led us to an upset today.

Some of you actually expected the Lady Vols to win this game. I didn't, because the game was played at NC State that has lost only 2 games at home this season. Wasn't going to happen.

Agree we need to act like adults. If our AD is bringing her back there must be a reason he feels the need to do that. We'll see what transpires this summer and from now to May 11th in the portal. The 2025 recruiting class it all has to come together or failure is coming next season even worse that this one.
Surely he’s not going to be that damn dumb and bring her back

Really was hoping to advance and make a deep run in the tournament..wasn’t meant to be , I reckon.. as mentioned by many earlier , Kellie needs to get some good players from the transfer portal and recruit well or next year will be a complete rebuild and disaster.. I hate the loss , but will always love and respect the Lady Vol program as well as support them win or lose !!🏀💪🏼🧡

VN Store

Back