Game Thread: Tennessee (14-7, 7-2 SEC) @ Alabama Crimson Tide (18-6, 5-4 SEC), 7:00 PM (EST), Live Stream SECN+

With our remaining schedule, we will be lucky to have a winning record at the end of the year, got a feeling it is going to get ugly in next 3 weeks.

Reactions: Deebowbear
They can’t recruit well enough to do so. This is as good as it gets for Kellie.

And let’s remembered, this roster was preseason #4. I’m not so sure it’s the players.
With this roster I had us at 20-25 in the pre season, which is closer to what I think we could be if we was clicking and Rickeadidnt miss those games.

Reactions: ATLVOLFAN01
Bama was actually trash. I’m not just saying that in the heat of the moment. They just didn’t impress me at all. Tennessee literally played like this was an exhibition game. No kind of enthusiasm. No talking. No sense of desire to compete. The first 6 or 7 minutes was the only point in this game where I saw the team competing. That’s on coaching to me.
You had me until the last line. You cannot coach desire and enthusiasm. This was a total team loss top to bottom coaches to players starters to subs. Everyone choked

The coaching is bad. I’m probably going to check the score a few times during games the rest of the season because sitting through these games is pointless.
Been doing that after about game 8. Get to caught up emotionally and get frustrated watching the lack of hustle from the players and lack of sense from the coaches

Reactions: Score50
You had me until the last line. You cannot coach desire and enthusiasm. This was a total team loss top to bottom coaches to players starters to subs. Everyone choked
A team takes on the personality of its coach. A picture is worth a thousand words. Look at the make up of the program.

Just about every single coach has the same personality.

Every single player on this team with the exception of a few has the same personality.

Who is responsible for putting the roster together and structuring the program?

I was always told and learn at an early age to surround yourself with people who you can learn from, people who challenge you to grow and be better, and people who strengths are your weaknesses.

Why does it seem the coach only wants people around that agrees with them and will be a “yes” man or woman. That isn’t growing the players. That isn’t growing the program. There’s no way Jillian Hollingshead, Tamari Key, Rickea Jackson, and Jewel Spear with the talent they had coming out of HS and this group should be losing to mediocre teams by double digits. This group should be getting off the bus and running teams out the gym.

The more I see their practice footage the more sense it makes.. this shouldn’t be acceptable.

That’s on leadership.

Last edited:
Just couldn't hit shots. Also the lack of depth at pg bit us bad when JP went out w 2 fouls in the first half. This was not a good night for Wynn, nor anyone off the bench. Never found any offensive rythmn.

Rickea's shot is just off. Has been the last 4 or 5 games. She took far too many jumpers bc we kept bringing her out high. I don't understand why we didn't post her up way more. Obviously, Jewel's hot streak also ended with a thud. Can't have both off on the same night, esp when we're getting so little off the bench.

I thought TK played pretty well but is always going to be hampered by lack of speed

This team has not found any consistency nor momentuem the whole season. A couple of good games, then a big egg. I just feel kind of along for the ride now. Hope they win some more games, hope they make the tourney. But they just don't seem capable of getting on a roll. So disappointing.

The Lady Vols did not play like they wanted it and some of the subbing did not make sense. Having Tess guard Nye was a joke. At this rate all we can do is hope and watch. We may be on the verge of reaching rock bottom, the next 7 games will tell the story. However for 1.5 million dollars you should get more from this program than the LVs have been getting.

Bama was actually trash. I’m not just saying that in the heat of the moment. They just didn’t impress me at all. Tennessee literally played like this was an exhibition game. No kind of enthusiasm. No talking. No sense of desire to compete. The first 6 or 7 minutes was the only point in this game where I saw the team competing. That’s on coaching to me.
Bama is NOT trash. You obviously haven't seen them play much this year. They are a very good, well-coached team. While I thought Tennessee would win the game, I felt it would be a close win for them.

The coaching was even worse than the players ....course that is just my opinion.
Overall bad bad night. I have supported Lady Vols for many years and what were getting is not good and I have supported Kellie because I know she loves this program her coach built well its time to get angry Kellie and do something about this poor effort tonight and get fire in your belly to be relentless on recruiting trail. Just being a tournament team is not acceptable and got Holly fired and she reached elite 8's. In CHRIST Alone

The Lady Vols did not play like they wanted it and some of the subbing did not make sense. Having Tess guard Nye was a joke. At this rate all we can do is hope and watch. We may be on the verge of reaching rock bottom, the next 7 games will tell the story. However for 1.5 million dollars you should get more from this program than the LVs have been getting.
Tess can’t guard a rock.

Had to win this one to be "safe." Not safe anymore. Probably in the "first four out" area, or possibly below that. Now must take at least one from the SCarolina-LSU-Scarolina set, or win at least 2 games in the SECT.

THIS! I was SO confused on why Tess was guarding Nye when she was in. I even saw Sara on her a couple of times! 😩

VN Store

Back