Gameday Question

No unmanned airplanes so you have to actually drive your plane into the stadium??
Chazman, I know you're joking, and it's funny. If I may step slightly over the line, please don't repeat that joke. About 4-5 years ago, I posted a concern that some malicious jackal might use a drone or even a RC plane to crash explosives into the stadium crowd during a game. I was roundly ridiculed, even called an alarmist. But my concerns are not so far-fetched now, with even our FBI and Pentagon voicing concerns about terrorist breaching our open border to carry out attacks. I'm probably just being a nitwit, but as far back as the first Gulf War, I expressed such concerns referring to RC planes at the time. And now, it is too close of a reality, least for my tastes. Despite your post honestly funny.

Good for you. I can't do that. There is one exception though. The ANGC does not allow cell phones for patrons at the Masters. It is wonderful. Just in case you do need to check in, there are banks of free telephones close to the restroom facilities.
I was at the Sat/Sun round for the first time at the Masters in 2019 (Tiger's last victory). Bucket list thing. THIS was one of my takeaways. You actually can move around and sit in any empty seat, in the bleachers at Amen corner and people actually talk to each other. Refreshing that people aren't staring into their phones.

Not a lot of class distinction. Unlike a football stadium, you put your chair in the spot you want at the end of the day, and then walk the rest of the course and can sit in any empty chair. In a stadium, you get an assigned seat and, of course those on the 50 in the lower bowl sell for more than nosebleed upper deck. Masters, not that way. Everyone equal to everyone else. Concessions cheap and the staff very helpful.

If you happen to pull out a cellphone or a camera (practice round different), not only are you booted, but the owner of the ticket you used to get in loses his ticket privilege's.

Of course in Neyland, you can watch other scores ongoing on gameday and cheer when you see that Bama lost.

I was at the Sat/Sun round for the first time at the Masters in 2019 (Tiger's last victory). Bucket list thing. THIS was one of my takeaways. You actually can move around and sit in any empty seat, in the bleachers at Amen corner and people actually talk to each other. Refreshing that people aren't staring into their phones.

Not a lot of class distinction. Unlike a football stadium, you put your chair in the spot you want at the end of the day, and then walk the rest of the course and can sit in any empty chair. In a stadium, you get an assigned seat and, of course those on the 50 in the lower bowl sell for more than nosebleed upper deck. Masters, not that way. Everyone equal to everyone else. Concessions cheap and the staff very helpful.

If you happen to pull out a cellphone or a camera (practice round different), not only are you booted, but the owner of the ticket you used to get in loses his ticket privilege's.

Of course in Neyland, you can watch other scores ongoing on gameday and cheer when you see that Bama lost.
I'm heading back out in the morning. Going to leave around 2 because the best place to see the finish of the Master's is in front of a TV with Verne and Jim.

VN Store

Back