Gary Parrish on Butch's "Champions of life"

Is the reason millennials are the way they are.

Jesus, I am embarrassed by his remarks and loser mentality. He better beat Vandy or he is going to look like a giant turkey the weekend after thanksgiving.

Reactions: 4 people
When i heard about this, i actually tried to imagine Bobby Knight or Woody Hayes saying it.

Just a pitiful comment

Reactions: 10 people

Jesus, I am embarrassed by his remarks and loser mentality. He better beat Vandy or he is going to look like a giant turkey the weekend after thanksgiving.

?

I get why people have a problem with what he said. I really do. But he was just saying that life is bigger than football, and he was proud that his guys are leaving the program as men. Some of y'all need some midol.

Reactions: 7 people
Cx0WODXWQAAl74C.jpg

Dude, switch to caffeine free coffee! :thud:

So you preferred him to say, "Those seniors sucked, man they should have beat South Carolina and earned the SEC East Championship!" ??

Or, let me guess, you didn't actually read the whole statement.

Reactions: 2 people
Some hear him say everyone gets a trophy..... while what he said was goofy.,.,, I heard him trying to emphasize what the Srs have accomplished instead of saying they had failed by not winning the East.

What's just as goofy is the talk show hosts acting like a bunch of school girls while discussing it.

It was dumb and he could have said something much more akin to football, but FFS it's being blown way out of proportion.

Reactions: 2 people
So you preferred him to say, "Those seniors sucked, man they should have beat South Carolina and earned the SEC East Championship!" ??

Or, let me guess, you didn't actually read the whole statement.

You dont have to say anything. Thats one option.

Or just say something like....i know we have a bunch of seniors disappointed that they did not reach their goal and we're all disappointed. However, i think they should be proud of the fact that they were able to get the program back to a point where championships is the goal. We intend to build on the foundation they have laid. We will always remember their efforts and honor it by making greater achievements in the future.

Something like that. Not this life champions pablum

Reactions: 6 people
Maybe he should have gone on an epic "I'm a man! I'm 40 rant" and come back at the reporter that asked the question and said "are we disappointed? WTF do you think?".....

Reactions: 1 person
You dont have to say anything. Thats one option.

Or just say something like....i know we have a bunch of seniors disappointed that they did not reach their goal and we're all disappointed. However, i think they should be proud of the fact that they were able to get the program back to a point where championships is the goal. We intend to build on the foundation they have laid. We will always remember their efforts and honor it by making greater achievements in the future.

Something like that. Not this life champions pablum
He could have left out the champions of life phrase, but the rest was pretty much what you wrote, just in the way he normally speaks. But, picking cherries is fun, I guess(not you, media, twittersphere etc)

He could have left out the champions of life phrase, but the rest was pretty much what you wrote, just in the way he normally speaks. But, picking cherries is fun, I guess(not you, media, twittersphere etc)

He was put on the spot and he spewed some ridiculous phrase that he thought sounded good...... but it missed the mark horribly.

Reactions: 1 person
Joseph Noble ‏@JosephNoble2
Man, I can't believe Butch Jones and Tennessee won the "Champions of Life" title. UGA had that title for a decade under Richt

SEC Football
5m5 minutes ago
SEC Football ‏@SECfootball
Butch Jones looks past SEC East title, claims ‘Champions of Life’ title Butch Jones looks past SEC East title, claims 'Champions of Life' title

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken
Alabama hears Butch Jones quote, attempts to tabulate how many Life Championships they can claim

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
@Gentry_Estes Don’t be a smartass, Gentry. Smartasses don’t win championships of life

At least Richt had it with a couple of SEC Championships mixed in...

He said while his seniors didn't win a championship "they are champions in life". What the **** is wrong with that? He never said his team was champions in life or that was what Tennessee won this yr like some scum bucket media dildo wants to write. He said it about 14 young men who came to Tennessee off 3 straight losing seasons and left the program in the top 20.

**** the biased media and those of you with no better sense than to listen to what the man said.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back