Gators Grantham Talkin Smack Bout Our Vols

UF owns us. Until UT can compete with them again for 4 quarters, we'll have to sit back and take it for another year. Hopefully this staff and personnel can get a few W's against our rivals in the future.
I think they will once we have depth

Reactions: SycloneJoe
We are a notch lower than UK, that's all. Talk that they might challenge for no. 2 in the East was very overblown.

Right now it's a scrum for who will be third, and we are in it.
For the life of me, I cannot believe that Stoops has not been taken for a bigger, better recruiting school, after the job he has done at KY. It scares me to think if fsu grabbed him. With their recruiting and his coaching, he could turn the program around.

For the life of me, I cannot believe that Stoops has not been taken for a bigger, better recruiting school, after the job he has done at KY. It scares me to think if fsu grabbed him. With their recruiting and his coaching, he could turn the program around.

I could stay to see FSU being a lot better than they are. Maybe they’d cut into Fla recruiting some and south Ga. FSU sucking isn’t bad for Fla, Ga, Aub & Ala. Or Clemson.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

I am surprised also. Wondering if the UK brand has just been so bad in the past that no one wants to be the AD that hired a coach from Kentucky. Then again, Bear Bryant coached there at one point. (-:

Totally agree, and I hope some program does scoop him up. Would love to see him gone from UK.

Why the concern with FSU? Are you a gator? (-:

He rejected overtures from FSU after they fired Taggart. I think he’ll eventually move on, but he’s got a great gig right now. He’s making over $5 million a year at a job where 7 win seasons keeps the fanbase happy.

Grantham's defense was a much bigger challenge back when he was a good coach.

When was that? I live down here in Gatorland and have A LOT of gator grad friends. Most, not all, but MOST aren't enamored with Grantham .. to add to that, there was a thread on the Swamp247 page talking about them having trouble keeping Cox focused and not being hot headed.

God he’s such a TOOL. Imagine talking trash about anyone after his pathetic defense derailed one of Florida’s most prolific offenses ever last year and are currently sitting at 12th in the conference. Having him wear the O&B is almost as bad as Charlie Weiss or Jim the Sharkman. Does he have no self awareness? 3rd and Grantham has been a thing his whole damn career. And to top it off he has one of the more punchable faces you will come across.

A2ABEEF9-5CFC-40BC-8CE8-64495B6B5AC2.jpeg

What are the possible motives for a statement like this?

Could it be true? If so... why boost UK's confidence by saying it?

False? It could inflate UK's confidence in ways not helpful to them.... and motivate UF's D to stay focused after two emotional games.

I'm going with coach speak unless there's a better reason not to.

Mullen said "nice things" about UT. I can't find a benefit to him in doing so... meaning he might have been sincere. I mean why compliment a coach who is trying to sign the same recruits as you unless it is a slip of the truth?

Kentucky plays Fl closer than we do. Look at the past 5 yrs and they look like the 90s TN teams the way they lose. Missed kicks, OTs, oficial Calls or no calls……..
UK isn't fielding the team from the past 5 years. If you are Bama or UGA or even UF, LSU, and a few others and you lose 8 or 10 of your best players with several being drafted then you reload. If you are UK... you don't. They do not have a roster as good as what they've had the past couple of years.

Oh, they were 5-6 last year WITH all that additional talent and lost 34-10 to UF.

When was that? I live down here in Gatorland and have A LOT of gator grad friends. Most, not all, but MOST aren't enamored with Grantham .. to add to that, there was a thread on the Swamp247 page talking about them having trouble keeping Cox focused and not being hot headed.

Haha, even better! I think at the very least he's gone downhill since people have figured him out and his defense have become predictable.

VN Store

Back