Georgia LB Charged with Rape

Wow that reply from SEC ICON. straight homer. I dont want anyone charged wrongly. However I wouldn't go full on and say a Tennessee player isnt capable of such a thing. That person needs help. Not saying the guy is guilty but enough to warrant charges. But fans can be so biased to want go full support of players.

Innocent until proven guilty and I don’t know enough about the case to honestly have an opinion anyways.

I am curious about when Smart knew though.
Athens Police have said they contacted the University to advise them of the investigation on November 1, which was last Monday.

Too inconclusive to propose this duel to the death type scenario.
Then why was he arrested? If anything when the accuser faces the same punishment for a false accusation, their claim would hold more weight. They actually have some skin in the game

Reactions: davethevol
Then why was he arrested? If anything when the accuser faces the same punishment for a false accusation, their claim would hold more weight. They actually have some skin in the game

I assume because they have evidence to arrest.

To send an accuser to prison because some third party (jury) decides the rape didn’t happen, is absurd. If the rape happened then the jury needs to be positive it happened before sending some guy to prison. They can be unsure whether it happened or not, thus not convicting the accused, but that doesn’t mean the rape didn’t happen and the accuser should now go to jail.

There is a huge difference between someone accusing someone else of rape and the accused eventually being found not guilty in a trial, and a person intentionally, with malice, falsely accusing someone of rape.

If the former is able to be proven, then yes, the false accuser should face severe punishment. Surely you are not advocating for when anytime someone is found not guilty of a rape, the accuser receives some kind of punishment.

False accusers should face the same punishment as what they accuse
Unfortunately if this were the case none of the false accusers would ever admit to it. While it doesn’t happen often, I agree more should be done when it does.

As for the Anderson case, way too early to make any judgements.

There is a huge difference between someone accusing someone else of rape and the accused eventually being found not guilty in a trial, and a person intentionally, with malice, falsely accusing someone of rape.

If the former is able to be proven, then yes, the false accuser should face severe punishment. Surely you are not advocating for when anytime someone is found not guilty of a rape, the accuser receives some kind of punishment.
If someone makes a false allegation of rape they should face the same punishment

Reactions: greenbacknative
If someone makes a false allegation of rape they should face the same punishment
Yes, but that would need to be proven in court, no? If someone is charged with rape and found not guilty, then you wouldn't just give the accuser the punishment the accused would have received had they been found guilty.

Yes, but that would need to be proven in court, no? If someone is charged with rape and found not guilty, then you wouldn't just give the accuser the punishment the accused would have received had they been found guilty.
Well yes. Can’t throw people in prison for something not proven in court.

So after the AJ fiasco... you're going to jump to conclusions one this one?
Not smart on his part to even let himself get put into that situation, assuming he’s innocent and that’s a big if at the moment. If I was months away from signing a contract that gave me generational wealth, no drunk girls are coming into my house. Wouldn’t even let manti teo’s girl in.

It’s Georgia I don’t think anyone should be surprised

Made me think of a Spurrier comment when he was at SC. Asked if he liked having to play GA the 2nd game of the season and he said: "I like it because they usually have 3-4 starters still suspended from getting arrested during the summer". Vols were in that situation some to during Fulmer's time.

To ALL the young players on ALL teams.... NO means NO. Think with the BIG head. Don't ruin your future for one stupid act. As mentioned above, ask AJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: House of Neyland

VN Store

Back