Gonna be Pruitt.

Hey Kirby was just a coordinator and look what happened...I support this hire and i think we are going to be pleasantly surprised!

Reactions: 2 people
If you want a national top recruiter and the best defensive mind in the nation who will have a team that plays with an attitude and swag. Pruitt will give you all of that. Alabama’s Linebackers coach is rumored to come and be our DC. Pruitt is young and is just beginning his coaching career. People can’t look past the fact he’s just a coordinator or pop their heads from their collective asses to see this guy is a star about to be born. We have a chance to get this dude right when he’s ready to be forged into a legit HC. Not a retread. Not someone who’s been to 3 different schools as a HC etc. He would end up being OUR signature figure head coach much in the way Dabo has become Clemson’s or Saban has become Alabama’s.

I have been really unimpressed with Fulmers coaching search up until right now. Pruitt is NOT Kevin Steele. He’s an ELITE coordinator the likes of which are few and extremely far between. This is another Jimbo Fisher or Kirby Smart. Pruitt has been extremely successful at many schools and his defenses are always elite. Success follows him around. That’s a good sign.

Fulmers list was the equivalent of a piece of soggy toilet paper imo. But he may have pulled a daisy out of a dungeon on this hire.

If we bring in Tee and keep Gillespie. We could genuinely, no bullsh*t, have one of the most elite recruiting coaching staffs in this country. Pruitt will rack up on blue chip players. Watch and see. I was extremely pessimistic less than 24 hours ago. But I am fully on board with Jeremy Pruitt. I think this could work out perfectly for us.

Great post, and basically exactly how I feel. Few would have been complaining if we had hired Bama’s DC a couple of years ago. This is a close as we get to Kirby. It’s time to get behind the hire.

Unless it’s Tucker or Steele, and then God help us all.

And he struck out on all of them. Except Leach, but who knows if Leach is even still interested at this point.

Plus people have no clue what goes on during a coaching search. Maybe Fulmer DID talk to Leach. Maybe he wasn't impressed. Or maybe Fulmer was adamant that we needed a defensive minded coach, given our current roster and situation. Maybe he thought hiring a coach who's actually a proven elite recruiter in the SEC was important.
Maybe he wanted a coach who knows what it takes to compete at the highest level and has actually won championships. Has Leach done any of this? Nope.

Reactions: 2 people
Pruitt was on my list......he was the first and only coordinator. Actually, I had him in front of a couple of current head coaches.

You shouldn't post with so little knowledge of reality

1. Taggart was never an option, he is from Florida and wanted back there
2. Campbell just signed a big extension, Currie screwed that up
3. Leach was NEVER an option. No school will touch him because of his lawsuit. There is a reason he is at WSU and it's not because of coaching
4. Fuente, lol he never wanted to leave v tech
5. Dantonio lol, stupid
6.Wilcox... ha what. He is from California, he isn't leaving, he didnt like it her last time he came
6. Babers... not a good coach
7. Sumlin.. not interested, wanted out of SEC
8 morris... feel free to complain on this one
9. Norvell... not one school called him. Skeletons. Arkansas hired a guy with a losing record over a 11-2 Norvell team, think about that
10. Miles. Feel free to complain here

You're football IQ is seriously lacking if you think Babers isn't a good coach

Fulmer's plane landed in Birmingham. Gotta be picking someone up from Tuscaloosa. Auburn has it's own airport so if it was Steele he would've landed there. Tuscaloosa has it's own airport, but it's smaller than Birmingham's.
Expect Pruitt to be introduced tomorrow or Thursday.

Don't know why I can't embed the image. Here it is.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Tuscaloosa airports runway is more than large enough to accommodate any aircraft Fulmer is on by the way. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in plane tracking if I were you.

Fulmer's plane landed in Birmingham. Gotta be picking someone up from Tuscaloosa. Auburn has it's own airport so if it was Steele he would've landed there. Tuscaloosa has it's own airport, but it's smaller than Birmingham's.
Expect Pruitt to be introduced tomorrow or Thursday.

Don't know why I can't embed the image. Here it is.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

So because a plane landed in Birhmingham we should expect Pruitt to be announced tomorrow?

Hey Kirby was just a coordinator and look what happened...I support this hire and i think we are going to be pleasantly surprised!

Kirby was left with a team loaded with talent from Richt. Let's see what he does when all those seniors graduate this year. Next year will tell the tale for him - though he will get a break due to the success this year.

Pruitt was on my list......he was the first and only coordinator. Actually, I had him in front of a couple of current head coaches.

Agreed. He would have been a home run 3 weeks ago. He will recruit great talent to UT and get them back to playing tough physical football again!

Reactions: 1 person
If you want a national top recruiter and the best defensive mind in the nation who will have a team that plays with an attitude and swag. Pruitt will give you all of that. Alabama’s Linebackers coach is rumored to come and be our DC. Pruitt is young and is just beginning his coaching career. People can’t look past the fact he’s just a coordinator or pop their heads from their collective asses to see this guy is a star about to be born. We have a chance to get this dude right when he’s ready to be forged into a legit HC. Not a retread. Not someone who’s been to 3 different schools as a HC etc. He would end up being OUR signature figure head coach much in the way Dabo has become Clemson’s or Saban has become Alabama’s.

I have been really unimpressed with Fulmers coaching search up until right now. Pruitt is NOT Kevin Steele. He’s an ELITE coordinator the likes of which are few and extremely far between. This is another Jimbo Fisher or Kirby Smart. Pruitt has been extremely successful at many schools and his defenses are always elite. Success follows him around. That’s a good sign.

Fulmers list was the equivalent of a piece of soggy toilet paper imo. But he may have pulled a daisy out of a dungeon on this hire.

If we bring in Tee and keep Gillespie. We could genuinely, no bullsh*t, have one of the most elite recruiting coaching staffs in this country. Pruitt will rack up on blue chip players. Watch and see. I was extremely pessimistic less than 24 hours ago. But I am fully on board with Jeremy Pruitt. I think this could work out perfectly for us.

Not to piss in your Cheerios, but why would Tee make a lateral move to Knoxville when his wife is set on staying in LA? One would assume Pruitt to be a long term hire so the coach in waiting bit won't apply. Maybe he'd jump if the choice is an older guy like Steele, but I'm not seeing Tee in Knoxville unless he gets the head job.

I dont know if anyone's mentioned it but it could absolutely be Steele from the Birmingham airport. I doubt they would be so obvious as to pick him up and leave from Auburn.

Tennessee aircraft are currently not trackable as "owner has requested that data not be made available to public".

Pruitt = Shoop

Besides the obvious disparity in their recruiting (Pruitt is a beast! Shoop eats ice cream cones). If Pruitt had ever had a defense rated lower than 16 compared to Shoop’s in the 100’s, the numbers still wouldn’t work and your math would still suck. Get better. :)

Last edited:
Not to piss in your Cheerios, but why would Tee make a lateral move to Knoxville when his wife is set on staying in LA? One would assume Pruitt to be a long term hire so the coach in waiting bit won't apply. Maybe he'd jump if the choice is an older guy like Steele, but I'm not seeing Tee in Knoxville unless he gets the head job.

Might want to have a chance to completely run an offense on a big stage. That could lead to bigger job openings than Georgia Southern.

Why would Fulmer go after a rookie coach with this roster? Its not like he inherits a top tier roster like a Kirby Smart. Bad choice!! Get a experienced coach that can shape up this roster and get it back to the basics. If u going get Smart or Tucker why not give T Martin a shot

Why would Fulmer go after a rookie coach with this roster? Its not like he inherits a top tier roster like a Kirby Smart. Bad choice!! Get a experienced coach that can shape up this roster and get it back to the basics. If u going get Smart or Tucker why not give T Martin a shot

He's one of the best recruiter's in college football and can build a staff full of elite recruiters. That's how you build up a top tier roster. Excellent choice actually.

When did Smart go on the market? :)

Greg Schiano was the perfect hire that the program needed for this time.
At least by now u have a coach in place so u can recruit

VN Store

Back