Good news.. Purdue’s QB is definitely NOT a runner

Not so fast my friend! My guess is you could clock O'Connell's 40 time with a sun dial and his shuttle run with an hourglass so Bank's boys gonna treat him like a pinata at Marisol's 16th birthday party. Vols by 21+

If they can get to him before he throws it...

tumblr_mvb2jzz3GO1rm4mpho1_500.png

Why run when you can complete 75% of your passes. We do not match up well vs Pur, especially with Tae out.

But we do pressure the QB pretty well. And since he isn't likely to be escaping the pocket, we'll have ample opportunity for to make negative plays and force TOs.

That being said, I haven't watched of Purdue this year to know how their offense operates. But typically when a QB has a completion percentage that high, it's typically because 90% of their passes are traveling less than 10 yards in the air. A lot of screens, quick slants, and outs. Essentially, offenses like that are designed to get the ball out quick and let the WRs make a play. Again, I haven't watched Purdue to know if that's the case, but if it is, I think our defense matches up well with that sort of offense.

Reactions: lukeneyland
I’ll take facing a running QB 10 times out of 10 vs a 72% passer.

Tennessee can make the most pedestrian QB look like Ben Johnson chasing down the nearest dope dealer.

He'll get some positive yards..

VN Store

Back