Good video of coach Heupel working on the field at practice

I'll say it again, he's an extremely likable fella. Please please please be a good coach 🤞🤞
this is where I am. I’m trying to temper my expectations and not get my hopes up because of what we’ve been through with coaches. But dang if this guy isn’t saying all the right things! I’m freaking excited!! lol

Misleading title. I thought Heup was going to be striping the field, repairing divots, or something.

Reactions: B_dub
I'll say it again, he's an extremely likable fella. Please please please be a good coach 🤞🤞
thinking the same thing. great vibes finally, can string two sentences together and not just rah rah stuff. Culture seeming pretty good...I'm with you...hope he can coach. Think D coaches also may be under rated, but will be interested to see how they can do with challenged experience. We aren't devoid of talent...need team ball this year to post some W's.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
His comment about “there’s a new standard here” seemed like it was a little jab at the previous staff.
He’s guilty of a few of those. Wish he’d take the high road.

Last two coaches had abysmal tackling. It stuck me that fundamentals were being overlooked in that department. It’s encouraging he mentions the “little things” you do during practice help on saturdays.

Like the coach's style. Also, it appears that though not Alabamaesque, our players look more like SEC players, especially the big boys, should look.

Seems like a "player's coach" while still demanding accountability. That's a difficult balance. I didn't like Dooley (weird), or Pruitt (dumb@$$), I gave Jones the benefit of the doubt, but felt he always fell into what Brian Kelly already built and he ultimately proved to be a fraud. Based on Heupel's interviews and clips, I genuinely want him to be successful. He seems like a good person that wants the players to be successful on an individual basis.

Fingers crossed.

What I have noticed about coach Hype is that he seems to be working with what he has, instead of trying make what we have into something different.

In the past coaches have always come here and said "give me 3-4 years and I'll build you something." Coach Hype is working with right now. He seems to be making what he has better.

this is where I am. I’m trying to temper my expectations and not get my hopes up because of what we’ve been through with coaches. But dang if this guy isn’t saying all the right things! I’m freaking excited!! lol
Oh I’m pumped for this season, but it’s different. I’m pumped but with zero expectations and that’s a first for me. It feels really good because I’m ready to enjoy the season regardless of wins and losses. What happens, happens and all I’m looking for is improvement in attitude, fight and pride. I want to see guys be proud to wear the orange again and guys who will fight to the last whistle for the orange.
GBO!!

I like how he’s talking to the WR and the DB, together, about what each ones doing. They get to hear the critiques of each other and what the other can do to counter what they’re doing themselves.

Yep. We went from "ight" to "You got me?".... LOL!!!!
“You got me?”…they have to answer and he makes sure they are engaged. I love the way he interacts with the players. I would have loved to play for a Coach like him. I like what I’m seeing and hearing. And these dudes look in shape for the first time in YEARS.

I like this guy, up beat, teaching , encouraging, coaching, the small things. "You are holding the ball like this I want it this way" these are the small things that win lose ball games. Maybe he just saved a fumble teaching how to hold the ball.
Where was this when Jalen Hurd was crossing that goal line in Athens?

Reactions: Megatron88

VN Store

Back