Grade these coaches.

This is off the subject BUT does everyone realize that Jeff Hall scored 371 points in his career at University of Tennessee and that Aaron Medley has scored 314 points?
Barring an injury, looks like Medley will be the University of Tennessee's all time points leader.........................
Last season, Barnett broke Reggie White's record for career sacks. Hurd could have broken Travis Henry's all time rushing list.....

This is off the subject BUT does everyone realize that Jeff Hall scored 371 points in his career at University of Tennessee and that Aaron Medley has scored 314 points?
Barring an injury, looks like Medley will be the University of Tennessee's all time points leader.........................
Last season, Barnett broke Reggie White's record for career sacks. Hurd could have broken Travis Henry's all time rushing list.....

The answer that stands out is more plays. (except Barnett, that boy's a freak)

And? Are you implying Muschamp is equal or better? Butch is undefeated vs Dantonio and Spurrier so I guess he's equal or better than them? Steve Stripling is 1-0 vs David Cutcliffe.

Also, it's 3 not 4. If you're gonna try to insult him (or whatever you attempted) you should get it right at least.

Not implying anything. I just made an observation that apparently has your jimmies rustled.

Reactions: 2 people
Saban = 10
Myer = 9.5
Dabo = 9
Butch Jones = 7.0
Dan Mullins = 7.5
Bob Stoops = 9.0
James Franklin = 8.5
Malzahn = 8.7
Smart = 6.8
Muschamp = 7.0
Mason = 5.5
Mcelwain = 7.5

Saban - 10
Meyer - 9
Dabo - 8.5
Butch - 7.5
Mullen - 7
B. Stoops - 8
Franklin - 8
Malzahn - 7
Smart - 6
Muschamp - 6
Mason - 6
McElwain - 6

Now, with that rating, CBJ could rise significantly with his hires. All have been solid imo. If TN somehow ends up with 10 wins then CBJ gets an 8.5.

Reactions: 1 person
Saban-9, Players make him great, new Dodges get good players
Myer 8, He jumped out of the bigs, claimed he was crazy
Dabo, 9, Good guy, lets his coaches coach
Butch, 8.5, People forget what a wreck he inherited, and the admission standards at UT aren't fair to him, he plays by a different set of rules thanks to jimmy cheek
Dan Mullins 8. Good solid coach, Starkville suks
James Franklin, 8, He is lucky that his Vandy past legalities haven't caught him ...yet
Malzahn, 7, Gimmicky Offense, but it works..
Smart, 8, Dude is mean and competitive, make no mistake, HE HATES UT
Muschamp, 7.5 Great D Coach, Meaner than hell, HE HATES UT
Mason, 5, Hasn't had a winning season yet, and wears fake glasses just for fashion.
McElwain, 9, Guy can coach, he would be good in the NFL... and I don't like him

Please stop with the "people forget what a wreck Jones inherited". It's not like we were banned from bowl games and didn't have any talent on this team throughout the years. We just got through year 4 and our best year with Jones has been 8-4. An 8.5 is being way too generous.

Reactions: 1 person
Please stop with the "people forget what a wreck Jones inherited". It's not like we were banned from bowl games and didn't have any talent on this team throughout the years. We just got through year 4 and our best year with Jones has been 8-4. An 8.5 is being way too generous.

Then don't give coaches like Mullen credit because Starksville is the pitts! Works both ways. And don't give Malazhan credit for one exceptional season due to Cam.

Saban = 10
Meyer = 10
Dabo = 8.5
Stoops = 8.5
Franklin = 8
Mullen = 7.5
Malzahn = 7
McElwain = 7
Smart = 6 (very small sample size)
Muschamp = 6
Butch = 6
Mason = 6

Saban = 10
Meyer = 9.5
Dabo = 8.75
Jones = 6.5
Mullen = 7
B. Stoops = 8.75
Franklin = 8
Malzahn = 6.5
Smart = 6
Muschamp = 6
Mason = 6.5
Mcelwain = 7.5

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is rating them on the entire package, game-day coaching, recruiting, staff hiring, player development.

Saban = 10
Dabo = 9
Meyer = 9
Stoops = 8.5
Franklin = 8
Mullen = 7.5
Malzahn = 7.5
McElwain = 7.5
Butch = 6.5
Smart = 6.5
Muschamp = 6
Mason = 6

no mark richt? what he is doing in Miami is incredible..he changed the whole culture in 1 year..he deserve a 8.5

Saban 10
Meyer 9.5(even though he's a snake)
Dabo 9.0
Butch 7.75
Mullen 7
Bob Stoops 7.5( same point in his career as fulmer was when he was let go)
Franklin 8.0
Malzahn 7.5
Smart 7.0
Muchamp 8.0( learned his lesson at Florida, he will be good if he leaves his offense to his offensive coaches.)
Mason 7.0
Mcelwain 7.2( to be such an offensive guru, he's having a hard time getting a qb)

Last edited:
I don't understand all the Bob Stoops hype. I'd take Butch over him every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Stoops only won one national title, played for two others, got into the playoff once, and won 10 conference titles. Won 80% of his games both overall and in conference play. Yeah, he sucked.

I actually agree that he was somewhat overrated, especially post-2008, but to say that you'd take Butch over him is insane.

Reactions: 3 people
Stoops only won one national title, played for two others, got into the playoff once, and won 10 conference titles. Won 80% of his games both overall and in conference play. Yeah, he sucked.

I actually agree that he was somewhat overrated, especially post-2008, but to say that you'd take Butch over him is insane.

My bad, I Thought you were referring to Mark Stoops the current Kentucky coach. I was skimming through and seen Stoops, didn't realize the initial post had Bob and not Mark.

Saban = 10
Meyer = 9.5 (Cant give the quitter a 10)
Dabo = 9
Butch Jones = 6
Dan Mullen = 7.5
Bob Stoops = 401(k)
James Franklin = 8.5
Malzahn = 7.5
Smart = 3
Muschamp = 6
Mason = 5
SharkHumper = 7.5

I know this wont make me popular but oh well....

You nailed it! IMO

Saban 10
Meyer 9.5
Dabo 9.5
Butch 6.5
Mullen 7.5
Stoops 8
Franklin 8.5
Malzahn 7
Smart 5
Muschamp 5.5
Mason 5
Mac 6.5

My bad, I Thought you were referring to Mark Stoops the current Kentucky coach. I was skimming through and seen Stoops, didn't realize the initial post had Bob and not Mark.

Oh. I didn't even think about that. I bet the OP means Mark Stoops too. Shows you how much I think about Kentucky football. My bad :)

Here's a few more.....

Petrino 6.9
Mike Price 1+1+1+1+1+1 (I have to score his with a bunch of singles)
Dooley Negative 5 (-5 is for the years he set back UT football...his 3 years plus Butch's first 2)
Mark Stoops 5
Orgeron 2
Freeze $ex point $ex $ex (6.66); however, the NCAA will soon vacate my score and the Devil got ahold of him

Last edited:

Boy, you weren't kidding were you. This is definitely off topic!

Saban 10 (National Champ)
Meyer 9.5 (National Champ)
Dabo 9.0 (National Champ)
Butch 7.0 (Champions of Life)
Mullen 8.0
Stoops 9.0 (National Champ) *Retired
Franklin 8.5 (Big Ten Champ)
Malzahn 7.5 (SEC Champ)
Smart 5
Muschamp 5.5
Mason 5
Mac 7.5 (Division Champ)