Great Article on Peyton by Brandon Marshall

jps2194

Vol for Life
I resisted posting this because we have been inundated with Peyton articles lately, but this article demonstrates the type of person Peyton is. While we all applause his on the field and off the field accomplishments, we should be in awe of his leadership abilities. I've never seen or heard of an elite star who treats people the way we all want to be treated. This is a great example of how he changed someone's life without even realizing what he was doing.

The First and Only Time I Outsmarted Peyton Manning | The MMQB with Peter King

Here is an excerpt to entice you to read the story.

"I love Peyton Manning, but not because he’s a great teammate or an incredible leader or a genuine person. He is all of those things. I love him because he changed my life, and he doesn’t even know it. During his retirement speech at team headquarters on Monday, I was sitting in the front row when he recited this Ralph Waldo Emerson quote: “Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.”

Reactions: 23 people
Great read. "Peyton Manning forced me to raise my level of play in practice, which gave me an opportunity to become a starter and contribute in a big way to a championship team . . . Peyton finds guys who are putting in the work, hungry, and doing the right things, and he takes an interest in us. That’s how you lead." The respect they had for each other is admirable.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 2 people
Great read. "Peyton Manning forced me to raise my level of play in practice, which gave me an opportunity to become a starter and contribute in a big way to a championship team . . . Peyton finds guys who are putting in the work, hungry, and doing the right things, and he takes an interest in us. That’s how you lead." The respect they had for each other is admirable.

Thanks for sharing.
You are welcome - we should all take lessons from Peyton on how to lead effectively. His approach would apply in almost any (if not all) leadership situations.

Does anyone think that articles like this one will surface (from former teammates) when Tom Brady retires?

Does anyone think that articles like this one will surface (from former teammates) when Tom Brady retires?

Yes - someone on the Patriots is providing a high level of leadership for them to have enjoyed such a long run of success and Brady has been the quarterback through it all?

Reactions: 3 people

I'm a huge Manning fan, don't get me wrong when I say this, but we are so lucky to have seen both of these HOF QB's play and they are both great in different ways, give credit where credit is due. Don't get me wrong , i don't like Brady but he is a great QB. I think you will hear several team mates and players that played against him say some similar things about him. Just my 2 cents

The real question is "Will anyone write this kind of article about Belichick when he retires"?

I love Peyton and this is a nice article, but Brandon Marshall needs to go away. I'm dreading the day he retires and immediately sprouts up everywhere in the media. Such a phony.

Not sure you saw Brady's comments about Manning, but Brady definitely gets it and you could tell from his comments about Manning. While I'm not a Brady fan, you have to respect what he has accomplished.

I love Peyton and this is a nice article, but Brandon Marshall needs to go away. I'm dreading the day he retires and immediately sprouts up everywhere in the media. Such a phony.

Somebody didn't read the article and decided to hurry up and get her/his post in. You seen the name and thought the WR Marshall. SMH

Reactions: 1 person
great article thanks for posting

The real question is "Will anyone write this kind of article about Belichick when he retires"?

Bricks.. I'm sure there will be guys come forward for Belichick. The man can coach. He knows how to implement his system, draft guys to play in that system, and gets guys to buy into it. I can't recall in recent years when the Pats were not in contention. He comes off as aloof in his press conferences, but I'll bet he's far from it on the film room. I know Brady is a big piece of that, but remember a few years ago, Brady was out and Brady's backup came in and almost took them all the way. He left NE and hasn't duplicated that season at all. :thumbsup:

Not sure you saw Brady's comments about Manning, but Brady definitely gets it and you could tell from his comments about Manning. While I'm not a Brady fan, you have to respect what he has accomplished.

Agree w/you and am not surprised Tom kept it classy with Peyton this past week. And of course there will be players coming out and supporting Tom in the not to distant future.

IMO: Brady and Spurrier are identical in my book. They are/were talented professionals that I respected but didn't like.

I resisted posting this because we have been inundated with Peyton articles lately, but this article demonstrates the type of person Peyton is. While we all applause his on the field and off the field accomplishments, we should be in awe of his leadership abilities. I've never seen or heard of an elite star who treats people the way we all want to be treated. This is a great example of how he changed someone's life without even realizing what he was doing.

The First and Only Time I Outsmarted Peyton Manning | The MMQB with Peter King

Here is an excerpt to entice you to read the story.

"I love Peyton Manning, but not because he’s a great teammate or an incredible leader or a genuine person. He is all of those things. I love him because he changed my life, and he doesn’t even know it. During his retirement speech at team headquarters on Monday, I was sitting in the front row when he recited this Ralph Waldo Emerson quote: “Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.”

Wow hearing that from a guy that played with him and especially looking at the story of Brandon Marshall is kinda wild. Think about the things he says and how much Peyton had in not only him becoming who he is now but playing a direct role in him getting there.

VN Store

Back