Greg McElroy says Florida

That’s how you’re backing out of that prediction! Kudos! :clap:

You’ll have to show me where I said he’d be fired after 3 years. You’re probably the victim of your own poor reading comprehension again.

To reiterate, I said Pruitt will get 3 or 4 seasons, but after 2 seasons we’ll know if we have an elite coach or not.

Reactions: 1 person
Here are the reasons he picked UF, in this order:

1.) Top 25 in team production returning (Link)

2.) No mass suspensions - that had a very large effect on last season, and a big part of why shark humper got canned

3.) First time coach (Pruitt) mulligan season - Just like Smart and Mullen had their first years

4.) Mullen / New staff

Also, recently Mullen has done a lot with much less - his best two QBs had 3* (Prescott) and 2* (Fitzgerald) respectively when they were recruited out of high school

No 1. Not much production returning even if top 25, being top of something bad isnt really all that good, you better hope some of the newbies are really good. UT has a bunch of grad transfers, some pretty proven and I would say Chryst might even be a better QB than anyone you have on the QB chart even with your supposed QB whisperer.

NO 2. you have no idea about, seems you have a bunch of idiots down there playing so you very well could have a few suspensions or even guys kicked off like you did last year. We had Thaxton who prob never plays and you had a true freshman top 100 player coming in that would have been at 2nd string get arrested twice before he plays a game! so point 2 might still happen to you guys, it is Florida after all and you and GA seemed to have taken over the mantle for the Fulmer Cup

3. Yes, Pruitt is starting over and I dont think there is all that much talent, but it is in Neyland so I hope that gives UT an edge

4. He has found some diamonds in the rough for sure, seems quiet a few QB's are like that, but Mullen also did what he did at Ms State, his record against winning teams isnt very good, he doesnt have a great SEC record and it isnt like his crossover team in SEC play was all that good either, along with a terrible OOC schedule where Appy State would have been one of their tougher foes ever played and even Butch Jones didnt lose that one and he is a fraud! And Mullen better hope he starts recruiting better, when you can throw a rock and hit a few 5 and 4 stars and yet you are 30th in the country, you need to try something new. Again this isnt Ms State and his OOC foes arent the Blind Sisters of the poor they are instead teams like FSU/Miami and such.

Last edited:
This will be a close game. Almost always is. Both programs are in similar states of repair. It'll be about who can keep it together for 4 quarters. I'd flip a coin on it.

You’ll have to show me where I said he’d be fired after 3 years. You’re probably the victim of your own poor reading comprehension again.

To reiterate, I said Pruitt will get 3 or 4 seasons, but after 2 seasons we’ll know if we have an elite coach or not.

“We’ll be doing another search in 3 seasons”. You posted it and I’m not reading through the rest of your tripe to post it again for you. I’m sure if one were on hallucinogens, they could “comprehend” it differently. I’m Old Testament...I go with the words. :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back