Guys, this is bad...

Again, you are making assumptions that he is not ALL IN. How do you know? Is it because he from Bama? I trust the man on his word. I don't assume where he is from determines if "It's going to take a bit for him to truly accept he is the Vols Head coach...
Then don't....đź‘Ť

I’ll get flamed for this but I’d like to see every player on this team relieved of their duties. I haven’t seen any pride or want to from any of them. No pride whatsoever. I don’t care if we can barely field a team next year, just start completely over, get the rot completely out or it will never go away.

I don't disagree at all with this except for the Freshman and JJ would be the building blocks to keep around.

people forget that nobody wanted to coach here. cjp is here for a while. next year will give a better indication of whats to come considering he is on a learning curve as a hc. the size of the commitments is encouraging

It's his first season. He's used to greatness, and there are SO MANY deficiencies on the roster. Talent wise and attitude.
Very tough job for him. He has to settle things in his heart about being the coach at The University of Tennessee. He has to be ALL IN.

He needs to stick it out with Helton...I saw some good potential throughout the season.
He made JG considerably better... which still isnt nearly enough
But what MANY people on here don't accept is that Gaurantano was never a good QB, And he never will be.

New 3-4 defense, with so many veterans that don't know how to lay it all on the line.
Abernathy
Kirkland
Buchannan
Sapp

Offense has no centerpiece...
We need to recruit a Grad Transfer or a Juco QB THAT CAN RUN!

Don't lose hope yet

Sapp wasn’t on the field tonight.... don’t list him in this crap of a so called football game. I’m not going to allow you to even list him with the 3 that have given up more TDs this season than I can count on both hands!!! Sapp didn’t give up any!!! So, speak facts!!!

Tennessee issue is SPEED.... there isn’t any, on either side of the ball nor on the sideline. Everything is in slow motion.... the coaches and players!!!

Sapp wasn’t on the field tonight.... don’t list him in this crap of a so called football game. I’m not going to allow you to even list him with the 3 that have given up more TDs this season than I can count on both hands!!! Sapp didn’t give up any!!! So, speak facts!!!

Tennessee issue is SPEED.... there isn’t any, on either side of the ball nor on the sideline. Everything is in slow motion.... the coaches and players!!!

He's not on the field for a reason.
Listen theres' plenty of bad to go around...and he certainly deserves to be with that group.

We need guys like
Peterson
Banks
Ignot
Flowers
Harris
D Johnson to have a great off-season!

Taylor, Thompson and Bituli are our only consistent performers on D, imo

There's some really good help on the way.
The entire chemistry of the team, centers around the QB mostly....and we don't have one. So it enhances our other defensciencies (sp).

But Wayna Morris and Roman Harrison should really help.
Still need to find a QB

He's not on the field for a reason.
Listen theres' plenty of bad to go around...and he certainly deserves to be with that group.

We need guys like
Peterson
Banks
Ignot
Flowers
Harris
D Johnson to have a great off-season!

Taylor, Thompson and Bituli are our only consistent performers on D, imo

There's some really good help on the way.
The entire chemistry of the team, centers around the QB mostly....and we don't have one. So it enhances our other defensciencies (sp).

But Wayna Morris and Roman Harrison should really help.
Still need to find a QB

The reason Sapp isn’t on the field had nothing to do with his football knowledge or skill set.... those are hardcore facts.
I will give you the raw truth about your second list but my acct would be deleted..... so, I will pass ( for now).

Reactions: MustafaRasta
I normally have a “wait and see” approach....but I have never seen a team come out so flat and unmotivated as many times as I have this year, and that it straight on the coaches.

You can scheme up all you want, but if you cannot motivate a team to win a game to get bowl eligible then it falls directly on the coaching staff

The cornbread is no good this year.

1st season...and not showing up to his own show once already
Saying he wished her had Anfernee Jennings on his defense.
Not really caring about any of the school traditions.
Constantly, reminding the players how bad they are.

He is another Dooley, who's better at X's and O's.

And just his overall attitude appearing in front of everyone.
Dude does not strike me as a hungry young HC...

Pruitt is a lot of things but another Derek Dooley is not one of them. Dooley is about as measured as a person can get and Pruitt is extremely volatile. I don't think there is much middle ground with Pruitt and he'll either be wildly successful or a catastrophic failure.

Pruitt is going to fail even worse than Butch Jones. We got us another Derek Dooley. Two more years of beatdowns and hopefully we get the great coach we have been hoping for.
Best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. Expect another bargain bin hire. Only way this changes is a change internally at UT and a change is spending habits by fans. Fan impact is minimal due to the SEC profit sharing program. But internal changes have to occur or this will just be a wash, rinse, repeat cycle.

Pruitt is a lot of things but another Derek Dooley is not one of them. Dooley is about as measured as a person can get and Pruitt is extremely volatile. I don't think there is much middle ground with Pruitt and he'll either be wildly successful or a catastrophic failure.
Well on his way to the latter

I normally have a “wait and see” approach....but I have never seen a team come out so flat and unmotivated as many times as I have this year, and that it straight on the coaches.

You can scheme up all you want, but if you cannot motivate a team to win a game to get bowl eligible then it falls directly on the coaching staff
If a team needs motivated by coaches to get up when bowl eligibility’s on the line then there is a bunch of the wrong culture types on the team! But Pruitt already told us that before the season. And we knew it ( some of the same ones that should of been 2 time east winners are still here, and they didn’t have what it took then and still don’t) And some of the players are telling the same thing now !

Your name calling does nothing to add to the discussion. I’m certainly no Butch apologist but he inherited a far worse program that Pruitt inherited. What has this team done to prove to any of us that there has been improvement? Sure the Auburn win was awesome but we have been owned by MO and Vandy. That’s ibexcusable.
I recall, year after year (as we circled the bowl as it were), the butch boys made every excuse under the sun, they usually started out with something along the lines of: he inherited a dumpster fire, has us going in the right direction, he'll need 3 to 5 years to turn the ship around, and least we forget-he's one of the greatest recruiters the world has ever seen-by year five we'll be playing for a NATY!!!! We were finally able to rid ourselves of the "Champion of life" and hire a real Football Coach. For some reason (perhaps a man crush on old butch) these defenders of 'the new coach' have decided that on year one, this new coach-inheriting the worst team in Tennessee History-should have, at least, an 8 win season! If it isn't their unnatural crush on boy butch, what is causing this strange thought process? Maybe it's all the recent bigfoot sightings and/or UFO activity on Kingston Pike.

I've grown weary of everyone blaming everything on Butch. this team has more talent than they have shown. There is absolutely no reason to get hammered by Florida, Missouri and Vandy. I really think CJP has a lot to learn. In my view, this team has underachieved. Other than an upset of a struggling Auburn, what have we done that shows improvement?
Got two conference wins for starts with a few seniors, some freshmen and transfers.

Heard it here first folks.
I have calmed down now and realize that I may have over reacted a little. It seems as though Butch Jones really poisoned the minds of a lot of these kids. Coach Pruitt deserves our support for at least another season. I hope he succeeds.

Reactions: VolNExile
I recall, year after year (as we circled the bowl as it were), the butch boys made every excuse under the sun, they usually started out with something along the lines of: he inherited a dumpster fire, has us going in the right direction, he'll need 3 to 5 years to turn the ship around, and least we forget-he's one of the greatest recruiters the world has ever seen-by year five we'll be playing for a NATY!!!! We were finally able to rid ourselves of the "Champion of life" and hire a real Football Coach. For some reason (perhaps a man crush on old butch) these defenders of 'the new coach' have decided that on year one, this new coach-inheriting the worst team in Tennessee History-should have, at least, an 8 win season! If it isn't their unnatural crush on boy butch, what is causing this strange thought process? Maybe it's all the recent bigfoot sightings and/or UFO activity on Kingston Pike.

Again, I am not a Butch boy as you want to call anyone who doesn't immediately and unconditionally jump on the CJP bandwagon. I think CJP will ultimately be fine but he's young, inexperienced and made a number of what I consider to be coaching mistakes this year. And I just don't think losing to MO and Vandy by combined 88-30 scores is something to be overlook. That's not on anything prior to this year--it's on this team and this coaching staff.

We'll all see what happens in year two must see improvement. If Pruitt can't bring a lot of improvement and 8 wins next season then were looking at another coaching search. Regardless looks like he is getting 7 million dollars which may be fine for some guys as it sets you up financially even if you fail. You can go back to being a coordinator for around a million a season and be well financially off for life. I hope he has a plan and not a money grab and get out of town plan. I realize we may lack talent at some positions but hard for me to understand why we can't play with Vandy I don't think our talent is lower than theirs.

VN Store

Back