Harrison Bailey takes o line out for dinner

Dayne Davis is enormous! Roster lists him at 6’-7” 325 lbs. I believe the height but there is no way he is only 325. I really hope he has the athleticism and footwork to go with size and wingspan. If so, he could be a terrific LT.

Took four years before Guarantano spent any time with his line. Glad to see Bailey learned something from JG.

..what not to do.

Dayne Davis is enormous! Roster lists him at 6’-7” 325 lbs. I believe the height but there is no way he is only 325. I really hope he has the athleticism and footwork to go with size and wingspan. If so, he could be a terrific LT.
Well, he’s starting and a more than a few thought he was better than Wanya.

Reactions: Volfan1000
LOL at the title of this clickbait article. "Incredible" leadership!

The bar is clearly quite low for this press corps.

Last edited:
Reactions: sona
What happens to this process once the QB's start making a million or more per year and the linemen make nothing? I doubt the "take the linemen out to dinner thing" will work then! Trying buying them some vehicles!

O-Linemen are the most important position group for the offense.... no if's and's or but's about it..... However they get none of the credit and all of the blame. So hopefully they get something a free dinner is a start.

Reactions: mickeyvol
I like this in the pros, but in a college locker room this could potentially divide a team--especially when the starting position is yet to be won.

Say hypothetically (and I know nothing about any of our QB's families) that qb-B takes the linemen out to dinner. But what if qb-A comes from a poor family and doesn't have the personal resources to spend that way?

The previously irrelevant factor of who has money and who doesn't has now entered the locker room in a real--not symbolic--way. It would be natural human behavior for the guys coming from poor families to begin to identify with each other. Not good.

If the QB paying the check is clearly established and accepted by his teammates as the starter, then no problem. But in this situation, it would be better if all the QBs took all the O-linemen out to dinner, and it was left confidential between the QBs who picked up half, most, or all of the check.

No perceived off-field advantage = no division.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back