Has B Patrino been contacted

Ok what did he do besides have an affair?

Had an affair. Then hired that person as an employee (giving preferential treatment). Then gave that employee an undisclosed $20k as a Christmas gift. He was friggin fired WITH CAUSE for crying out loud.

If you can't see the gross misconduct in that, then you are blinded by your desire for Petrino. We cannot take the moral high ground and then hire someone with a track record of gross misconduct.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
No way Volnation pulls the morals card and have 86% want Lane Kiffin back. The rest of the CFB world is ok with Petrino why can't UT?

Reactions: 1 person
Had an affair. Then hired that person as an employee (giving preferential treatment). Then gave that employee an undisclosed $20k as a Christmas gift. He was friggin fired WITH CAUSE for crying out loud.

If you can't see the gross misconduct in that, then you are blinded by your desire for Petrino. We cannot take the moral high ground and then hire someone with a track record of gross misconduct.
The former president of the United States of America did the exact same thing. Had an affair gave gifts to her and lied about it the only difference is he didn't crash a motorcycle and the public didn't care. What he did wasn't unforgivable other programs took a chance on him why can't we?

After torching the Schiano hire - UT cannot interview others like Petrino and Kiffin with serious character issues. You would not want other schools with photos of Petrino in his neck brace and kiffin crying at the airport to show recruits.

Then are you saying just do away with the program or hire the pope ???? Seems as if Franklin Graham is your choice.

Last edited:
So, protests for .500 coach with potential baggage not ok but >.500 coach with known baggage ok?

Les or VFL is about only thing to calm things down. All our modern success has come from former Vols. Stay on script.

The former president of the United States of America did the exact same thing. Had an affair gave gifts to her and lied about it the only difference is he didn't crash a motorcycle and the public didn't care. What he did wasn't unforgivable other programs took a chance on him why can't we?

And the current Pres. is pretty good at grabbing them Kitty Kats too aint he?

He may have some baggage from his time at Arkansas but the guy can flat out coach he would be the closest thing to a homerun as we could get.

Both Lane Kiffin and Bobby Petrino are missing. They have been abducted by a UFO from the same place the Area 51 crew was from. For our own protection, they will be held in an undisclosed location until this search is completed.

That is all. Live long and prosper.

And may the farce be with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
naw...that ship has sailed...Bobby ain't coaching here...moving on...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After torching the Schiano hire - UT cannot interview others like Petrino and Kiffin with serious character issues. You would not want other schools with photos of Petrino in his neck brace and kiffin crying at the airport to show recruits.

If Kiffin was good enough for Nick Sabin to hire him, I want him. He has learned much since he was last at Tennessee.

Kiffin is more of just an a$$, with some minor NCAA infractions in his history. Much different than character issues, IMO, whether you want to forgive him or not.

What's his record as a head coach?

HC record at Baylor in the era he coached, plus the fact that that was a long time ago, make that less relevant. Not completely irrelevant, so I do have some hesitation, but he's not a terrible hire (and I said that he was probably less than a week ago).

I don't know how we could freak out over Schiano's past and then talk to Petrino.

Exactly. Especially since Schiano's past is purely rebuttled and unsubstantiated 3rd party immunity hearsay from 20 plus years ago, and Petrino's actually happened.

I don't know how we could freak out over Schiano's past and then talk to Petrino.

As much as I would love Petrino from a coaching standpoint as compared to Schiano, this absolutely is the case. We absolutely cannot even TALK to Petrino. Too many solid coaches out there without character issues, and we can't look hypocritical here, especially when we just took back the power on a platform of moral integrity.

Because having an affair is different than allegedly covering up child rape?

Keyword...Allegedly.

However, no one sin is greater than the other. If you are going to take the moral high road in the coaching search Schiano = Petrino. Except that Petrino is confirmed garbage. Schiano was just hung by a guy that heard another guy say something about him, that a fourth guy said he did not say 25 years ago. I think that is the definition of allegedly.

VN Store

Back