Hendon Hooker card & Byron Young error card

VOL Campbell

Tennessee Saturday Night
I got my 5 year old son a pack of football cards for his Christmas stocking and was thrilled to pull this Hendon Hooker card in his first ever pack of cards. It Immediately went into a sleeve and top loader!

hendon.jpg

But the story gets weirder...in the same pack I'm watching him thumb through the cards and I see Byron Young. I was hoping that it was VFL Byron Young but it was the Alabama Byron Young who was drafted to the Raiders. I started reading the back and the information section sounded exactly like our Byron Young including his combine 40 stat (4.43) and the story about him working at Dollar General before transferring to Tennessee. If you look closer, it also has a 2022 Tennessee stat line for VFL Byron Young. I've included the front of the card, the back of the card as well as the back of VFL Byron Young's card. Whats interesting about that is on his card, it has a completely different information section speaking about his time at Tennessee. I know error cards happen but I find this pretty strange.

All reactions:

Nice, Join us over in the Sports Card Collector's thread in The Pub.

I've not seen the Byron Young card mentioned before, it is a known error about former VFL Darnell Wright his Prestige cards feature the picture of current Vols OL Gerald Mincey.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back