Hendrix opens up about transfer

Funny that Barnett has nothing but praise for our staff while Hendrix didn't appreciate the way the coaches spoke to him.
He is just making excuses because he is not good enough to play. He is ether lazy, dumb or just not good enough. What ever the case don't let the door hit his ass as he leaves Knoxville.

Reactions: 1 person
All great football coaches get onto their players. I'm sure Saban talks to his players like dogs but he tries to get the best out of his players. Same goes with Butch, he cares about his players on and off the field. If you can't handle taking criticism, then you might as well just leave the sport in general.

Reactions: 3 people
He supposedly has the tools, but not the mentality to play in the SEC or for UT at this point. (It is TOUGH and most of us couldn't do it)

Maybe he will get it and be very successfull at his NEXT stop.

Best of luck. I hope he finds a good fit.

"Just my relationship with the coaches and how they talk to people. It just kept getting worse as the season went on."

I loved how my Kindergarten teacher talked to me...

My Daddy & coaches & teachers were a little more realistic.

4+4 = 7 wasn't good enough for them for some reason.

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like in the REAL WORLD they keep score too.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think it hurts recruiting. For every one guys that's not happy in Knoxville and with the coaches, there about 80 more that are 100% sold on CBJ, and are playing their guts out for the guy.

Well said

"Just my relationship with the coaches and how they talk to people. It just kept getting worse as the season went on."

Butch has said from the beginning, you've gotta know someone to coach to coach them hard. While I think Hendrix really just wants to play DE and not DT I think he may have not had a strong enough relationship with the coaches to take their coaching.

If someone you know and respect is yelling at you its easier to take it and move on imo

I don't think it hurts recruiting. For every one guys that's not happy in Knoxville and with the coaches, there about 80 more that are 100% sold on CBJ, and are playing their guts out for the guy.

NB4:

He doesn't "get it"

I must admit I've been a Vol fan for over 40 years and I cant begin to remember the names of all the players who were unhappy and transferred....It honestly doesn't bother me one bit....I do suspect he had trouble accepting that he was being talked to rather harshly and he probably couldn't adjust to that...I know....You can show em....go play for Air Force, Army, Navy....better yet...join the Marines....

Reactions: 3 people
I must admit I've been a Vol fan for over 40 years and I cant begin to remember the names of all the players who were unhappy and transferred....It honestly doesn't bother me one bit....I do suspect he had trouble accepting that he was being talked to rather harshly and he probably couldn't adjust to that...I know....You can show em....go play for Air Force, Army, Navy....better yet...join the Marines....

You're funnny, you are!

I'd be content with just parting ways and wishing the kid good luck, but since he decided to open his mouth and whine like a sissy I say Boo-Hoo. Take your candy-azz and start steppin. Hope his poor little feelings weren't injured too bad.

Reactions: 6 people
I'd be content with just parting ways and wishing the kid good luck, but since he decided to open his mouth and whine like a sissy I say Boo-Hoo. Take your candy-azz and start steppin. Hope his poor little feelings weren't injured too bad.

Great insight, thanks.

"Better to keep your mouth shut & have people THINK that you are a sissy (insert P word instead), than to open it and remove all doubt!"

Reactions: 1 person
If Josh Dobbs, AJ, Jacob Carter, Vic Wharton, and Pig Howard can all get along with this staff (WIDE range of personalities there), the staff/school ain't the issue.

I wish him well. Next man up.

Reminds me of the old saying that "if you meet 3 as*holes before lunch, it might not be them".

Reactions: 7 people
I wish him luck. If you read between the lines, it seems likely that he just wasn't able to rise on the depth chart and he obviously thinks he can do better somewhere else. I hope he's right.

Best get an ultra absorbent tampon for this kid.

“I just wasn’t happy,” Hendrix told the News-Democrat. “I was happy with my playing time, I just didn’t like it here. Just my relationship with the coaches and how they talk to people. It just kept getting worse as the season went on."

Full blown case of vaginacitis iyam.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back