Herbstreit: "...it wouldn't shock me at all if this is Alabama's toughest test to this point."

He publicly condemned Gaulden for his double salute to the Bama fans and then publicly defended Mayfield for a crotch grab. I don’t know what’s in Herb’s heart, but in this day and time, he should’ve been much smarter than that.

Why does that have anything to do with race? It was all blown out of proportion on gaulden and I agree that herb was WAY too critical of Gaulden. But gaulden did that towards fans with all cameras on him, mayfield was talking crap to another player from the sidelines. I think what gaulden did was worse too. But dont reall have an issue with either actions

Even if that were true, It wouldnt be impressive since bama has only played one quality opponent so far (TEXAS A&M).

Even though the game is in Neyland Stadium, the atmosphere wont be like the crazy loudness of the 2016 Bama UT game. It'll be loud throughout the first half as usual but Bama knows how to humble the Neyland atmosphere in the 2nd half here. Theyve done It everytime theyve come here under Saban. ;Bama will have the game and crowd controlled in 3rd quarter .We just dont have the dogs to put up against Bama. We will in 2 years , maybe next year. But not now. I'm proud of the fight OUR Vols are showing since the Florida game, and they're growing into better players finally -- but Bama is Bama LOL

That game wasnt crazy loud... you could see our coaches were not coaching to win. We were never in the game. That's when Butch lost his team 100% and the wheels came off because his vagina got fully exposed

Yeah, Butch may know the players, but he has zero idea about our schemes. Heck, he knew very little about his own schemes. LOL!
Actually Butch knows very little about our players except what music they have on their classic mixtapes. These players are 180 out from the Lyle days. Toughened by Coach Fitz and coached up to be real ball players. Bad habits and work ethic that Butch might have had insight on are no more. Let's not even touch on the Offensive and Defensive schemes. Lyle doesn't even know what a pro-style offense is let alone give any kind of analytical input.

Still don't see how race is involved.

It's the cancer of identity politics. If person A is one color, and person B is another color, it is presumed that anything person A does that is not beneficial to person B is race-driven. Identity politics works the same way for gender, ethnicity, religion, and any other method of dividing people into groups. What's important is not the individual or what they might have truly intended; only what groups they belong to. Those define everything about them (according to this way of looking at the world), including their actions and motivations.

It's a cancer.

Herbstreit is feelin TN lately. I think it will be closer than most think.

Just like the 2009 game? Score 10 - 9. Had game winning field goal blocked. That play likely would have ended up keeping Bama from the National Championship that season.

Cover the spread, keep it close for a half, give them a scare for a quarter. I'm good with that as progress, all considered.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Not just lately. Herbie seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him picking us to win the division in '06 despite the disaster the previous season. Off the top of my head, I know that he also picked us in '15 and '16 as well. I think it's safe to say that any criticism from him is, like many members of this site, due to his high expectations.

He picked TN to beat West Virginia this year. He does like us.

Don't think so. Out of Louisville, Ole Miss, A&M, Arkansas, and Missouri, we lose probably 3 of those games. We've really only played one "good" game all year.
Possibly. Would have lost 4 of them a month ago without doubt. Having that best game been the one after all the bad ones should change the narrative a bit. Had we played any of those listed Saturday we're probably 4-1.

The good thing about being really bad when you start a season, you have the most ceiling to improve. Now that doesn't equal being ready to win this Saturday or even being in the game late in the 3rd, but unless Saturday was a 1 hit wonder (and I don't think it is) UT is going forward from where they started.

Why does that have anything to do with race? It was all blown out of proportion on gaulden and I agree that herb was WAY too critical of Gaulden. But gaulden did that towards fans with all cameras on him, mayfield was talking crap to another player from the sidelines. I think what gaulden did was worse too. But dont reall have an issue with either actions

What Gaulden did was NO WORSE than what Mayfield did, which is why the different treatments from Herb drew criticism

Reactions: VolNExile
I’m not one for moral victories.

But a “battle within the war” I want us to win is to withstand the initial pass rush. Florida just overwhelmed us from the start and we never recovered. It’s like double bogeying the first 3 holes. You’ve got to play amazing golf for the remainder of the day just to salvage a decent round.

I want us to knock the ball loose for a few TO's...yep, we mean business...:D

GO VOLS...BEAT BAMA!

Not just lately. Herbie seems to have a soft spot for us. I remember him picking us to win the division in '06 despite the disaster the previous season. Off the top of my head, I know that he also picked us in '15 and '16 as well. I think it's safe to say that any criticism from him is, like many members of this site, due to his high expectations.
8C0F58D7-DD8E-4152-A484-0F63FF4E16DC.jpeg

Reactions: TrentVol
Dpy9MR3XUAABpi3.jpg:large

via SEC Mike
Oh NOES! JJ, TC, and Kid Callaway!

VN Store

Back