Here's the latest Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections

The only decent team giving the VOLS a chance to end in the top 20 is NorthWestern. The rest do nothing for the VOLS.

Reactions: 1 person
We owe Coach Franklin a beating, but I'd rather see us go Citrus against Ohio State and avenger ourselves on Urban Meyer while putting the nail in their overrated coffin. We just need Ole Miss and Florida to lose this week (and Florida to predictably get buried in the SECC game).

OSU would beat us by 21. Their athletes are better than ours, their coaches are better than ours, and they know how to win big games.

The transitive property doesn't work in football.

Example:

Ole Miss beat Alabama
Alabama beat Arkansas

By your logic Arkansas would lose to Arkansas. However, Arkansas beat Ole Miss.

So you really have no idea if Stanford would beat Northwestern or not.

And you broke your own math.

Reactions: 2 people
OSU would beat us by 21. Their athletes are better than ours, their coaches are better than ours, and they know how to win big games.

Their players seem to be mid revolt. I could see them mailing it in. You are correct about the talent and coaching though

When do the bowl announcements usually go out? I hate waiting so close to christmas to buy my family their tickets/presents.

The transitive property doesn't work in football.

Example:

Ole Miss beat Alabama
Alabama beat Arkansas

By your logic Arkansas would lose to Arkansas. However, Arkansas beat Ole Miss.

So you really have no idea if Stanford would beat Northwestern or not.

I thought Vandy was the only team terrible enough to lose to themselves?

Their players seem to be mid revolt. I could see them mailing it in. You are correct about the talent and coaching though

True, the only way I see us beating them would be if they just didn't want to be there. Still would be a close game, we just aren't there yet. I think OSU would have gone 10-2 or 11-1 with our schedule this year

I like to see us play Michigan, or Penn St just because Franklin is there, whoop his ass, besides we owe Penn St a few beat owns.

Please, Please, PLEASE let this happen. My in-laws are HUGE HUGE Wisconsin fans! I would love this matchup, we are all the time saying "I bet my team would beat yours. Oh if this game were to come true, Id buy them tickets to enjoy the expression on there face when we win!@##E#E#@E

It came true in 2007-8. We won 21-17. IIRC Jerrod Mayo got game sealing pick in the endzone with about 40 seconds left. I was there, but I was several $9 beers in.

Also it will be a travesty if Navy is relegated to some crap bowl like they have projected. They are New Year's Day ready, and I don't think anybody would enjoy playing them right now. Memphis was looking like a playoff team till Navy dismantled them, and their only loss is to Notre Dame who's rated pretty highly (whether or not they should be is another matter) in a rivalry game.

Sorry, had to get my Navy plug in there.

Navy has had an excellent season. They did just lose to Hoston on Friday though.

I don't see any way that happens. OSU will almost certainly get a NY6 game.

Ah, I missed the part where OSU would have to lose to UM to land in the Citrus. Guess it'll be the Fiesta for them, most likely. Oh well, I'd like to see us play Michigan too. I just want to get a crack at OSU sometime in the near future because my in-laws are Buckeye fans. :)

Ah, I missed the part where OSU would have to lose to UM to land in the Citrus. Guess it'll be the Fiesta for them, most likely. Oh well, I'd like to see us play Michigan too. I just want to get a crack at OSU sometime in the near future because my in-laws are Buckeye fans. :)

That would be great to beat OSU. If for some reason we lost. Their gloating would be a nightmare. The only fanbase worse is ND.

VN Store

Back