Heup Is Number One!!!

If Heupel gets the call from Norman; he’s gone. Vol fans should get square with that idea because it is a very real possibility. I just hope no mattresses get burned this time around. If he gets the job; thank him for the work he put in and move on.
😂😂😂

Reactions: CPVOL
I've been following the whole Riley to LSU then Riley to USC drama for several days on the other teams boards. In case you haven't checked, both sets of LSU and OKLA fans are stunned by Lincoln Riley's move today. And with the shock of the loss of their head coach, the Sooner folks are suddenly pretty amenable to having Josh come home (for the most part). There was some bad blood with Stoops when he left, but $6+ million (or whatever they might pay him) will soothe bad feelings pretty quick. For those saying that Josh just wouldn't leave UT to head back to Okla after just one year, uh, yeah he would......he graduated from Norman and won a natty there as a player. And I for one wouldn't trash talk him if he did so. If that is his dream, and he turns them down now, there will never be another invite. I'd understand. SO make no mistake, this is being considered by all parties, and is absolutely in play. We will know fairly quickly I believe. More to follow.
😂😂😂

If you actually google JH and look under "news" and then actually read articles they imply that this is being discussed on some level. No, no one is being quoted - its too early for anything like that. And at this point it is still unlikely due to the Stoops influence and bad taste Heup must surely have from being let go. I'm not trying to rumor monger here, just wanting us as a fanbase not to be blindsided if this gets some traction. Its not so far-fetched. But don't jump those of us who have spent some time researching these things and try to pass on some info. Or get off your ass and go do some yourself and take a chance and post something here. I'll be interested to hear anything that someone has studied.
No one has to “get off their ass” and do anything. It’s a message board and you were suckered into a fake rumor. CJH isn’t going to Oklahoma. Relax

I would not consider him a turncoat if he were to take the Sooner job especially if it was his dream spot. Not fair to label him as such or as a "kiffen type" if he did.
Depends on how he takes it. In the night on a Red eye and the first time we see him again is in red, he will catch hell. But if he comes out and tells the truth and says how he hates to leave but sees an opportunity at his dream job, then by all means

He absolutely loves Knoxville, the UT Fan base, tradition, and deep down I feel like he wants (his family) to be raised in the area. <---Which, for down-to-earth real men, no amount of money can sway. He's not going anywhere.
Those are literally the same words people said about Kiffin. "He named his son Knox!!! He's going to retire here!" Those words mean absolutely nothing. I'm not saying he's going, but just that the words you just uttered mean literally nothing.

I did as you advised and could find no news sources saying it is being pursued, nor on social media. I saw some predictions that CJH would not leave on social media sources, but that's it.

It’s out there. The Heup is real. He seems like a guy that’s got a lot more respect for our program and personal integrity then to up and leave after one season. But your alma mater and a truck load of money is hard to walk away from….
60038C8A-5823-450E-833C-0A311558C591.jpeg

I've been following the whole Riley to LSU then Riley to USC drama for several days on the other teams boards. In case you haven't checked, both sets of LSU and OKLA fans are stunned by Lincoln Riley's move today. And with the shock of the loss of their head coach, the Sooner folks are suddenly pretty amenable to having Josh come home (for the most part). There was some bad blood with Stoops when he left, but $6+ million (or whatever they might pay him) will soothe bad feelings pretty quick. For those saying that Josh just wouldn't leave UT to head back to Okla after just one year, uh, yeah he would......he graduated from Norman and won a natty there as a player. And I for one wouldn't trash talk him if he did so. If that is his dream, and he turns them down now, there will never be another invite. I'd understand. SO make no mistake, this is being considered by all parties, and is absolutely in play. We will know fairly quickly I believe. More to follow.

Could be, But going home is not easy, Scott Frost can attest to this. Yea, I know different situation. Money talks, we shall see what they are willing to pay and if TN will match it.

As long as Stoops is associated with OU, no way Heup leaves, even for bags of cash. He would much more likely go to LSU (or another gig) over OU. Stoops and Heup haven't spoken a single word to one another since he got canned years ago. There's real hate there and I doubt he'd leave, but if Stoops were to disappear from the scene and the boosters woke up to the reality of their situation, all bets are off.

Last edited:
Those are literally the same words people said about Kiffin. "He named his son Knox!!! He's going to retire here!" Those words mean absolutely nothing. I'm not saying he's going, but just that the words you just uttered mean literally nothing.
Kiffin is a snake, been a snake, that is the difference. Heupel's personality is in no way the same.

Kiffin is a snake, been a snake, that is the difference. Heupel's personality is in no way the same.
Until the true colors are shown. People were all on Kiffin until that time. Again, not saying otherwise, but people look at things in rose colored glasses until they get burned. He may stay, he may go. Only person that knows is him. And saying the things you said in the original post mean nothing, like I said.

Until the true colors are shown. People were all on Kiffin until that time. Again, not saying otherwise, but people look at things in rose colored glasses until they get burned. He may stay, he may go. Only person that knows is him. And saying the things you said in the original post mean nothing, like I said.
;D, let me know when he flips

I heard that Heupel has taken the OU job.

Kiffin has agreed to come back to UT!

Gruden agreed to coach our newly revised JV team.

Everything I just said is true that I just made up.

Can't dismiss this, but considering Heup's previous stint at OU ended in ignominious fashion (Stoops let him go), hopefully he'll appreciate the, " Hail, the conquering hero," welcome he's received in Knoxville. Vol fans genuinely appreciate him, practically deify him for breathing life back into this sputtering, damaged program. He has an AD who has his back, and Heupel's made White look like the great Oracle of Knoxville for hiring him. Things couldn't look brighter, and we now have the traction to get the players we need to eventually run the table. It would be hard to turn one's back on all this, even if the Alma Mater comes calling. In fact, the ball's in Heupel's court now, as he can ask/TELL them, " so how do you like me now?"

Should he be tempted by the siren call of Norman, Heup needs nothing more than to have a conversation with his predecessor at UCF, Scott Frost! After UCF's 13-0 run in 2017, Frost returned with great fanfare to HIS alma mater, where HE had been the golden boy QB who'd won the 1997 National Championship for the Huskers. Then Heupel nails down ANOTHER National Championship for the Big 12 three years later as OU's QB. Striking similarities, yet Frost has had to weather sharp criticism from the impatient Cornhusker fanbase, stumbling to 3-9 this season. Lincoln, Nebraska has NOT been kind to Scott Frost in his homecoming, and Heupel should reflect on that.

These are exciting times, as UT has begun its ascendance back to prominence! Coach Heupel can build his legacy right here in Knoxville, and he and his family will grow to understand why this is such a good place to live!

Here is where maturity, family, and forethought, always comes in to play with making lifelong decisions!

How many times does a successful program, and the coach bolts, retires, or the program after a long stint of success, hires a repeat coach. The up and comer, keep the top 4 nationally, win it all now attitude. It's a rare feat, and many have been blind sided, and never reach that success!

If you have a job that is building, and maintain, why leave it! If your job is to stay in top four, to please masses, w/o backing, and coach just left, why would you go?

No common sense here? His name getting thrown around is Pure Advertising! Nothing more!

Here is where maturity, family, and forethought, always comes in to play with making lifelong decisions!

How many times does a successful program, and the coach bolts, retires, or the program after a long stint of success, hires a repeat coach. The up and comer, keep the top 4 nationally, win it all now attitude. It's a rare feat, and many have been blind sided, and never reach that success!

If you have a job that is building, and maintain, why leave it! If your job is to stay in top four, to please masses, w/o backing, and coach just left, why would you go?

No common sense here? His name getting thrown around is Pure Advertising! Nothing more!

Maybe the wife's family moved to Norman or Oklahoma City and the family dream is to live near them. Maybe they both just loved Norman from the first time. Do you sit around their dinner table and have these discussions with them?

Again, not saying he's leaving, but to spew ******** about knowing what his overall career dreams and their family dreams are is absolutely idiotic.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
If he leaves we need someone who has already proven themselves in a major conference or big time program. Gus Malzahn, Chip Kelly, and Tom Herman would all be great hires. And I think we could get any of those 3. If it came down to that.
Gus Malzahn, lmao. Get out of here with that trash.

Why would he be gone if OU calls?
Because he graduated from there. He won a National title there as the starting QB. He was the OC/QB coach there under stoops. So if it is his dream
Job then it is possible. Do I think he will go, NO. But is it very possible, yes! I do think he stays at UT like Rick Barnes did and Coach Vitello did. Heuple has a good relationship with AD White. And I think White would give him a raise like he did Vitello to keep him here if it came to that. May not extend the years but a raise I could see.

Yes it is and it goes way beyond the head coach
But its still unproven
One year doesn't make one proven
Its a nice base line but Butch looked good for a year or so
How did that end up?
Proven. He has proven he can take any roster and score tons of points. He proved he could at OU, Missouri, UCF, and especially here. Missouri's offense was horrendous before he got there. Our offense was beyond horrendous not to mention it looked as if we wouldn't be able to score 14 points a game with all the players that left.
Yet we finished 9th in total scoring offense in the nation at 468 total points this season averaging 39 points a game....he inherited a scraps of a roster from 2020 that finished 108th in total scoring offense at 215 points averaging 21.5 points a game. The man literally doubled our offensive production with less players to do so. In 2021 Ohio State was #1, Pitt was #4, Alabama #5, Georgia #6, and Cincinnati #8. That is some strong company. Our defense dropped 20 spots from 65 to 85 but we lost most of our production of players on that side of the ball...and played Bama, Georgia, Florida before the wheels came off, Pitt, Ole Miss, and Kentucky. No cake walk of offenses in those games.

He didn't just beat who he was supposed to...he was expected to beat nobody but Bowling Green, South Alabama, Tenn Tech, and possibly Vandy. He crushed Vandy, South Carolina, Mizzu, & beat the best Kentucky team in my lifetime with only having the ball less than 1 quarter. If Milton doesn't overthrow 4 walk in TDS against Pitt (possibly the ACC Champ) that game is over by halftime....Pitt and the country knows that. We were a blown BS fumble recovery for a TD against Ole Miss from upsetting them too.

So yeah...that is some coaching up. That isn't a one season blip on the map. He has proven he turns teams into quick high scoring offenses at every program he has been at. Not just here but 4 different programs with 4 different set of rosters.

VN Store

Back