Hidden Keys To Victory (Florida)

I did this for the WVU game because I thought it made sense. It didn't need to be done the last couple of games. The way it works is you pick out a "Hidden Key" for a Vol victory. It is something maybe no one is talking about, a player that could possibly be a good match up for us, or even a strategy that we could implement that no one is talking about. So...mine for this game...

Special Teams punt and kickoff coverage. I think in a game where first downs will be gold, every yard makes a huge difference. We will need to keep Florida bottled up on special teams, limiting returns to a minimum. So, the entire punt/kickoff coverage units I think play a huge role in this game.

I think you're spot on. They've blocked a few punts and a FG already this year I do believe. I'm more worried about that than us necessarily covering the returns. They've broken off one punt return for six that I can think of and it was against Colorado State, may have one more but while everything is still about the same(or appears to be) for Florida, special teams is that one area where you can definitely see improvement for them.

Don't run the ball out of the EZ on kickoffs. Take it 1/4 of the way to the other end and start from there, not at the 18 yard line.
I like this,make smart decisions. No need to put yourself in bad field position to start drives.

I have several hidden keys to a victory, but being a loyal VOL I would never disclose them to the enemy. That way win or lose I can say i told you so.

Reactions: musolfmj
If a few passes get dropped, breaks start going against us, gators get up in the ear hole talkin trash....DON’T hang your head, DON’T get passive, fight harder be tough momentum will swing back. CJP will probably call time out and all eyes on me! Don’t allow this game to be stolen from you not here in Neyland! I’ll run you till you vomit your lungs! Execute!

The key will be 100,000+ finding a spot to ride out the 73-minute delay for lightening in the area. Want to keep those decibel things going when the game resumes.

Key to victory is in the trenches. Get pressure on Penelope and O line step it up pass and run blocking! Then have the skilled ppl show their skills. I want to see Juan J and Ty C. I want to see some amazing hits from our LB, DB, DE. I want to make the gators feel absolutely crushed all game. And I will be there screaming from seats close enough to see Smokey's drool at the carnage.

Score more points than them

This isn't a "hidden" key, but it's the whole game to me.

These teams stink which means there is going to be plenty of mistakes.

Whoever cashes on those mistakes the most wins, it's that simple.

There are a lot of people who think that Florida hasn't made mistakes in this matchup over the last several years and that's not the case. It's just not burned in anyone's brain because, by and large, Florida hasn't paid for it.

These teams will screw up. Based on the last several seasons, it's safe to say these teams will screw up a lot......and on an epic level.

Who cashes in?

That's the ball game.

We may need a super-secret play drummed up a la Saban to just get that one extra possession.

VN Store

Back