Hilarity ensues on the Wildcat Lair

Maybe someone can help me with this. I listen to a SC YouTuber quite a bit. He is hilarious especially on his live streams. Anyway, he does a podcast with a Clemson fan. Of course they make fun of TN all the time. But UK obviously thinks our offense is gimmicky. Well so does the 2 guys Injust mentioned.

So hopefully there is someone out there who knows more about offenses than me who can help. What is so gimmicky about our offense? I mean if it is gimmicky pleas tell me why. Because I am genuinely curious. It sells to me, that our offense is predicated on tempo that finds mismatches on the field. It also seems to get WRs into great routes. So how is an offense a gimmick when it’s tailored to take advantage of defenses weak spots?

Reactions: Jeff Clark
We get it. You're not happy with the defense. You and the others who refuse to be happy about anything don't need to bring it up in every single thread...

Why not, it's the 103rd rated pass defense. It was 96th in total D going into last weekend. The General is rolling over in his grave. Half the maxims can't even be used by this team.

Every great Tennessee team has had a great defense.

Why not, it's the 103rd rated pass defense. It was 96th in total D going into last weekend. The General is rolling over in his grave. Half the maxims can't even be used by this team.

And Tennessee will still win 10 games with a lot of the games being shootouts.

Only issue with Kentucky is they are in middle of a schedule that has us at LSU, then Bama at home, then easy game before Kentucky and Georgia.

I think we win by a better margin this year, but we are super thin at RB and DB and a few keys injuries worry me with the gauntlet coming up.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I think Kentucky has a formidable defense and a decent QB. With that said, they haven't even been able to put up 40+ points against their cupcake opponents which doesn't bode well playing against us in our stadium. Also, ask Florida fans who they think is better this year. I would wager they woud say us. AR played his best game by far against us and they still needed an onside kick and miracle at the end to keep it close.

As long as they have Levis they have a chance, hes tough and very good

Levis is much closer to pedestrian than he is to very good. So far this season, Levis has played 2 decent teams: UF and Ole Miss. In those games he was:

UF: 13 of 24 for 202 1-1 TD-INT
OM: 18 of 24 for 220 and 2 TDs

We're talking about college, so those numbers aren't even remotely "good."

Definitely two different styles. Slow plodding styles will generally be a bad match up if they are playing the Vols.
I love stoops offense because he loses so many games because of it. He can’t play from behind and he can’t hurry anything which causes him to lose games they should win

Reactions: norrislakevol

Oh nooooooo. What shall we do

Maybe someone can help me with this. I listen to a SC YouTuber quite a bit. He is hilarious especially on his live streams. Anyway, he does a podcast with a Clemson fan. Of course they make fun of TN all the time. But UK obviously thinks our offense is gimmicky. Well so does the 2 guys Injust mentioned.

So hopefully there is someone out there who knows more about offenses than me who can help. What is so gimmicky about our offense? I mean if it is gimmicky pleas tell me why. Because I am genuinely curious. It sells to me, that our offense is predicated on tempo that finds mismatches on the field. It also seems to get WRs into great routes. So how is an offense a gimmick when it’s tailored to take advantage of defenses weak spots?

It's been a while since I saw the posts, so I'll likely miss some details. There were some UCF posters here shortly after the Heupel hire who were happy to rain on his offense. If I recall, the main complaints were the tempo was a "gimmick" and the propensity for three and outs. They felt the offense and playcalling weren't all that great, but rushing to the line helped cover those deficiencies. The tempo (not the playcalling) caused teams to be tired or out of position which lead to weak spots you could attack. The theory was that once Heupel came up against teams that wouldn't tire as easily or make as many mistakes in positioning and coverage then the subpar playcalling would be exposed as the tempo was just a gimmick.

The sample size is still fairly small, but I think it's clearly not just a gimmick. Heupel hung 40+ on the Cats and Cocks last year, so it's pretty rich they'd accuse us of running a gimmicky offense.

I love stoops offense because he loses so many games because of it. He can’t play from behind and he can’t hurry anything which causes him to lose games they should win[/QUOTE
name those games. He has won several he shouldn’t of. If Tennessee beats lsu then that will give UT more clarity but honestly they haven’t been tested yet. Well they were tested but not by a very good team. Beat lsu and stay in the top ten before you act like huepel has won so many games.

Our coach has won 75% as a HC. Stoops is barely over .500 and has the worst SEC winning pct of any coach not at Vandy

Kentucky was vandy when stoops took over
Kentucky will be back to winning 4-6 games a season when Mark Stoops leaves unless they make a great hire. I think if and when Mark Stoops leaves Kentucky will hire a retread,an up and coming mid-major head coach or a well thought of assistant.

VN Store

Back