Hire an "Old" HC

Yet they have stated that they are staying there with one of the major reasons being the medical team that his kid had for years.

There is a reason that Petersen has refused to leave the Northwest.

Well, most football "experts" would conclude if they hadn't fixed the problem in all that time, then he should be finding new docs.

Don't want these upstart wannabees Vol Nation posters are enamored of.

We've had enough of that over the last 10. Our brand can't take it anymore.

Get a guy who knows how to run a program, has won a lot of big games and trophies, and can bring in players and coaches.

This is not complicated.

1. Les Miles
2. Jeff Fischer
3. Les Miles
4. Mike Shanahan
5. Les Miles
6. Rex Ryan
7. Les Miles
:lolabove: :eek:lol:
This is a joke right? :unsure: :eek:

Someone can't be this dumb? Is this the same guy that threw out Jim Tressel name? :stop:

If I were the AD, transfer Fulmer back to HC for the rest of the season-and pay him a bonus, he is already on the payroll. Fulmer could stop the recruiting hemorrhage that's about to start. He could show the world that UT still takes our program seriously. This would give us the rest of the season to find the right guy. Would I expect Coach Fulmer to win out-of course not, but even though he has a few years on him, I know he'd do a better job that jones. Plus, Coach Fulmer is a true Vol For Life, he deserves these years of his life to be stress free-but Tennessee needs to call on the old warrior one more time-just to finish out the season.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person
No. You are dead wrong.... with all due acknowledgement of your deceptive attempt to deflect.

You compared Michigan under Harbaugh to UT under Jones in an attempt to make excuses for Jones. The problem with your "reasoning"... is that Michigan is much better coached than UT right now... and Harbaugh MAY VERY WELL FAIL.

The difference between Michigan and YOU is that Michigan won't tolerate it. If he doesn't start showing serious signs of contending for championships then he'll go the way of Carr and RichRod. He just got completely outclassed by Franklin... you know... one of those "upstarts" you said you didn't want.

Paul Finebaum today: “Michigan and Tennessee in the same boat.”

Get a guy who knows how to run a program, has won a lot of big games and trophies, and can bring in players and coaches.

This is not complicated.

1. Les Miles
2. Jeff Fischer
3. Les Miles
4. Mike Shanahan
5. Les Miles
6. Rex Ryan
7. Les Miles

Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach in history..... period

Reactions: 2 people

This is not complicated.

1. Les Miles
2. Jeff Fischer
3. Les Miles
4. Mike Shanahan
5. Les Miles
6. Rex Ryan
7. Les Miles

Stop posting.

Reactions: 2 people
When hired by Alabama in 2007, Nick Saban was 56 and fresh off 2 horrible years in the nfl.

Alabama had had it with young Shula. Brought in an adult.

My point is proven.

He was also 2 years removed from a National Title not a decade. He had also never been fired from anywhere. Les is not the answer. He was fired from LSU for a reason. Do you ask yourself why no one else has hired him? As far as the rest of your list it's just crap. Oh and he was 15-17 in the NFL. Taking over a dog **** team. People in Miami hate him. They didn't want him to leave.

Last edited:
When hired by Alabama in 2007, Nick Saban was 56 and fresh off 2 horrible years in the nfl.

Alabama had had it with young Shula. Brought in an adult.

My point is proven.

9-7, 6-10 horrible? Not good, but better than Spurrier.

If I were the AD, transfer Fulmer back to HC for the rest of the season-and pay him a bonus, he is already on the payroll. Fulmer could stop the recruiting hemorrhage that's about to start. He could show the world that UT still takes our program seriously. This would give us the rest of the season to find the right guy. Would I expect Coach Fulmer to win out-of course not, but even though he has a few years on him, I know he'd do a better job that jones. Plus, Coach Fulmer is a true Vol For Life, he deserves these years of his life to be stress free-but Tennessee needs to call on the old warrior one more time-just to finish out the season.:hi:

You wouldn't have a lame duck coach "trying" to hang on to recruits or recruits wondering if they were going on a sinking ship under Captain Butch. Instead you'd have a great UT ambassador, Fulmer, letting them know things were going to be fixed - truth and honesty is about the best weapon possible against poachers during coaching change.

Reactions: 1 person
We would have on old and dead offense.

It would be better having an old offense moving slowly down the field and a good defense - yeah, football had real defense in the old days, than having a flashy three and out offense and a dead tired defense.

VN Store

Back