Hmmm. Not sure about Caleb Calhoun’s concerns about Nieds..

I’d agree. Other than Graham I see the changes as going backwards. Granted, you lost two guys to the NFL.

I don’t see how Weinke hasn’t been replaced either. The QB position hasn’t exactly blossomed under his tutelage.
Has he been signed to a new contract yet/is he still on staff? His contract officially expired a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen anything about him being re-signed.

Has he been signed to a new contract yet/is he still on staff? His contract officially expired a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen anything about him being re-signed.
VQ said his renewal’s been on his desk waiting to be signed...since December. Move is his.

Jim Chaney was a nose tackle as a player and mostly coached O-Line before becoming an OC/QB coach. Former DC Doug Matthews was a running back, which is a position he also coached. TE to ILB is just not that much of a stretch imo for a guy who's in the profession.

Interesting. When I read that Nieds was being elevated to a linebacker coach at UT, I twinged..... So I did a little research on him. I know for a fact that Nieds played a role in coaching linebackers at Georgia and Bama, and did a great job according to Pruitt and other coaches while there. Linebacker was his main focus prior to coming to Tennessee and Pruitt was his mentor. Not sure Caleb gets it..

Here’s what Caleb (a Tennessee fan & SEC beat writer who considers himself a UT expert) had to say about Nied’s promotion:

“Niedermeyer has never been an inside linebackers coach. Sure, Brian Niedermeyer has specialized in coaching linebackers in an off-field role. But the fact of the matter is he is taking over a position he has never coached. It’s always a concern when you hire a guy to coach a position he has never coached before, and Tennessee football did that when they moved Niedermeyer over to this role.”

Anyone have more insight on this?
Don’t put any stock whatsoever into what Caleb says about anything Tennessee related imo.

Pruitt’s opinion about Nieds>>>>>Caleb’s opinion about Nieds

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Got to meet coach Nieds last night at the Sturgill Simpson show. I see why he is a good recruiter. Real genuine dude, really easy to talk to and .... still wearing the power T everywhere he goes. I think contract worries will be resolved soon.

VN Store

Back